Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    He helped with the script ironic. He hated the non story changes like bastian now skinny. In the book he was overweight. Ended up asking for his name to be removed from script credits. He hated the film after.

Ironic most loved it even with that awful line. Film is seen as a classic today. Was a hit at the box office.

The two sequels on the other hand--

And of course the song.

I really hated that movie. Not sure why, I just never clicked with it. Every time they put it on in school on a movie day, I'd do something else.

There are two lines from two movies that I wouldn't change, but restore.

In the Whedon cut of Justice League, at the end when Clark asks Bruce how he got the house back, Bruce says "I bought the bank." Then he shrugged and added "It's like a reflex with me." In the Snyder cut, he cut that last part out. Maybe Whedon added it and he didn't like it, but I thought it was a nice beat for the characters.

The second was in Revenge of the Sith, when Anakin and Obi Wan are facing Dooku. There was a line that was cut- "Just because there are two of you doesn't mean you have the advantage." This line was actually shown in the Revenge of the Sith videogame (I think for X-Box), but Lucas edited it out of the actual movie. But by taking it out, the pacing at the beginning of the scene was thrown off.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Storm was one of the biggest disappointments in that original X-Men movie. There is no way to define her character, it was just kind of there.
    I'll go with you on 2 out of 3 on that. She got better as the movies progressed (and Berry was a bigger star). I liked her in The Last Stand.

Ultimate Member

Guardians of the Galaxy, after a prolonged discussion / explanation about how Drax's people 'don't get metaphor' and are completely literal, he calls Gamora a 'green whore.' What? He thinks she's an *actual sex worker?* He could have said 'green psychopath' or 'green murderess' or 'green assassin' or whatever, but no, he has to say something that doesn't actually make literal sense.

So yeah, 'This green assassin is my friend.' would have worked better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy, after a prolonged discussion / explanation about how Drax's people 'don't get metaphor' and are completely literal, he calls Gamora a 'green whore.' What? He thinks she's an *actual sex worker?* He could have said 'green psychopath' or 'green murderess' or 'green assassin' or whatever, but no, he has to say something that doesn't actually make literal sense.

So yeah, 'This green assassin is my friend.' would have worked better for me.
    I've heard there was a previous cut scene where someone else in the prison referred to her as a whore which is why Drax thinks that she is. Of course they should have just cut the reference to that line, but I guess Gunn still thought it was funny or removing it would've meant taking out his whole speech...?

Has anyone mentioned I hate sand yet?