Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Seriously, Batman just ignoring the “What gives you the right? What's the difference between you and me?” questions and driving away would’ve played better than this ridiculous response.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I changed Rust's ending speech in True Detective season 1. I felt it was too optimistic for the show.

I'll change from "the light's winning" to "the light's still fighting".
    Yeah, but sometimes you've just got to quote a giant horse knight.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

Seriously, Batman just ignoring the “What gives you the right? What's the difference between you and me?” questions and driving away would’ve played better than this ridiculous response.
    I liked that moment. I felt it was a true Bazinga.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I liked that moment. I felt it was a true Bazinga.
    ^^^I liked it too, because it was an arrow in my quiver when I’d argue how bad that trilogy was/Bale was as Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Wizard of Oz:
    "I'll miss you just as much as the other two." (Dorothy to Scarecrow)
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

At the end of The Force Awakens, when Rey meets Luke, I'd have her say "I'm here to talk to you about your car insurance."

Return of the Jedi Luke tells Leia Vader is his father and she's his sister.

Original Dialogue

Leia: I know, somehow... I've always known.

Luke: Then you know why I must face him.

My change:

Leia: I know, somehow... I've always known.

Luke: Then you know why I must. Wait what? You knew? Ewww then why did you kiss?

When Joker is on Bobby DeNiro’s chat show I think it would be a more bad-ass moment if he said “looks like the joke… is on you!”, and then slits Bobby DeNiro’s throat.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Exactly! Tinman is just coming to grips with the fact that he has a heart and feelings, it must sting to hear a new friend considers you lesser than another of her friends.

Thor - when Thor can't lift the hammer, instead of just screaming, he yells, "Father!!!"

Neverending story. "I do read books." "Bah comic books."

A movie about trying to get kids to read and use imagination attacks the biggest books that can get kids to read and use imagination. It's said kids who read comics are better at reading grown up and a book is a book so good job film. More like "we want you to read but only what we like".

I would not change it just remove from the film! It never should have been there to start with!

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Man of Steel - When Young Clark says “What was I supposed to do, let them die?” have Jonathon say “…No. And I’m proud you didn’t.” and then follow through with the rest fi the script showing his worry about someone uncovering his son is an alien. I think a pause and the rest of the worried dialogue would communicate Pa Kent’s intended anxiety and fear, but the dialogue change would have also made it clear how good Jonathon was as a parent without getting so excited about pseudo-objectivism that makes him sound sociopathic.
    100% This. If I could change just one line in any movie, its easily this one.

No way in any multiverse would Jonathan Kent answer, "maybe" when asked if a bus full of children should die. Your solution would have been an excellent compromise to get Clark and Jonathan's Point across.

But of course if that movie had written Jonathan differently, Clark never would have even felt a need to ask that question.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    But of course if that movie had written Jonathan differently, Clark never would have even felt a need to ask that question.

Yep. I get what this movie was trying to do (The Government will take you away) but they should have sprinkled that message in there instead of it being the only focus. Donner's Movies produced the perfect Superman Dads.

Jonathan gave Clark his morals while Jor-El Educated him on the universe. All Snyder had to do was apply that formula and add those modern touches to it.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 09-15-2023 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Neverending story. "I do read books." "Bah comic books."

A movie about trying to get kids to read and use imagination attacks the biggest books that can get kids to read and use imagination. It's said kids who read comics are better at reading grown up and a book is a book so good job film. More like "we want you to read but only what we like".

I would not change it just remove from the film! It never should have been there to start with!

Reportedly the original writer wasn't too fond of the adaptation and went as far as to sue, although I'm not sure the comic book line is in the original novel.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth