Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Regarding the topic I'm not sure if this counts but some lines sound better in the "trailer take". Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal skull's "teacher" line for example.

Here's Red Letter Media's thoughts on it:

https://twitter.com/StephenSeanFord/...67383054475264
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

I am your father, don't kiss your sister!

I'm Bruce Wayne. Damn it! Oops.

In Man of Steel, there is a lot I would change. So much of it was tell, don't show. I would have just reduced the amount of narrative in general and instead of rationalizing everything going on, show more examples of the Kents teaching Clark about their values.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Yep. I get what this movie was trying to do (The Government will take you away) but they should have sprinkled that message in there instead of it being the only focus. Donner's Movies produced the perfect Superman Dads.

Jonathan gave Clark his morals while Jor-El Educated him on the universe. All Snyder had to do was apply that formula and add those modern touches to it.
    I don't know if it was Snyder's intent or not but Man of Steel highlights a different aspect of midwestern values - distrust of government. That distrust was a part of the whole narrative continuing into BvS and I feel it worked better in that movie than in MoS. MoS really should have been more focused on turning Clark into a hero and less focused on the cynicism of becoming a grown up. So ... I agree.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 09-15-2023 at 04:40 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Boisterously Confused

Batman: I always hated "I'm Batman." I'd have much preferred something like "What your kind have summoned." Or "What your soul has earned."

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Batman: I always hated "I'm Batman." I'd have much preferred something like "What your kind have summoned." Or "What your soul has earned."
    THese are both really good!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Retired

Whenever anyone says "that begs the question," I want to change it to "that raises the question," unless they really do mean "petitio principii"--which they never do.

Reportedly the original writer wasn't too fond of the adaptation and went as far as to sue, although I'm not sure the comic book line is in the original novel.
    He helped with the script ironic. He hated the non story changes like bastian now skinny. In the book he was overweight. Ended up asking for his name to be removed from script credits. He hated the film after.

Ironic most loved it even with that awful line. Film is seen as a classic today. Was a hit at the box office.

The two sequels on the other hand--

And of course the song.

The "I'm Batman" was actually ad-libbed, originally in the script it was just him telling the thief to tell all his friends, and the comic adaptation says "I am the Night" from a later draft.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    In the First Xmen film when Storm Asksx "What happens to a Toad that gets stuck by lightning? Same as everything else."

That was the dumbest line in an attempt to make a character badass.
    Would have been better if she said they pop

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Would have been better if she said they pop
    It would have been better if she didnt say anything at all. It just really dumbed down her character. Like I said in a later post it would have been more badass to have her turned her back on him like he is not worth her notice then hit him with the lightning and walk away not caring what happened to toad.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

From Supernatural:

Crowley's final words, before killing himself to complete the portal spell, were "Goodbye, boys."

Mark Sheppard wanted Crowley's final words to be "Even when I lose, I win." I wish he had got his wish.

In the First Xmen film when Storm Asksx "What happens to a Toad that gets stuck by lightning? Same as everything else."

That was the dumbest line in an attempt to make a character badass.
    Supposedly, that was a call back to a line from earlier in the movie . . . that ended up being cut. The line should have been edited out once that happened.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Supposedly, that was a call back to a line from earlier in the movie . . . that ended up being cut. The line should have been edited out once that happened.
    I read that it was one of the few things that survived an earlier version of the script by Joss Whedon. Whedon claims the problem was with Hallie berry's delivery, that she didn't get that it was supposed to be a joke. According to him, she should have paused, then shrugged and then given the punchline, like "Eh, same as eevrything else..." But Berry read it in an overly serious tone so the line fell flat.

It would have been better if she didnt say anything at all. It just really dumbed down her character. Like I said in a later post it would have been more badass to have her turned her back on him like he is not worth her notice then hit him with the lightning and walk away not caring what happened to toad.
    Yeah, Storm v. Toad is not something that deserves a bad-ass line to begin with.

Storm was one of the biggest disappointments in that original X-Men movie. There is no way to define her character, it was just kind of there.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.