Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Tim Townsend is a GOAT. Chris Bachalo, Mad, Townsend made so many art sing! he is sorely needed on Amazing Spiderman. i am telling you if he was there with what romita jr is putting out people would be BLOWN away. Townsend is the only inker when i saw certain artists name i was ecstatic cause i knew their stuff would look amazing. And his ability to add his style but in no way butcher an artist own style or voice is legendary to me.
    This. Tim Townsend doesn't get enough credit as an inker, he really made all the artists he worked with look so much better. As far as I'm concerned, he's on the Mount Rushmore of X-inkers along with Terry Austin, Dan Green and Scott Williams.

BANNED

I still have this as a poster from Wizard, his X-men is just fantastic.

Joe Madureira is one of my all time favorite artists. I started reading comics in the late 80's and Joe Mad came along and blew me away. If you look at his art, it's much more refined now, but there was something really dynamic about what he brought to comics in the '90's. As an artist myself, he's one of my biggest influences along with Art Adams. Joe Mad is a legend and he brought something fresh to the X-Men.
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Loved it but I think his current stuff is better. The couple of issues he did for Avenging Spider-Man helped get me back into comics
    Yes, his work on Avenging Spider-Man was a very cool evolution of his style. He leaned more into marrying his lines with the gestures of the characters.
    Mutant and Proud!

Incredible Member

Iconic! Alongside Jim Lee, Greg Capullo and Chris Bachalo they are the quintessential 90's X-Men artists.

Absolutely adored his work in the 1990s. Blink vs. Holocaust and Psylocke vs. Sabretooth are the most gorgeous and breathtaking fight scenes I can remember from my youth. His art is probably one of the reasons I became a comicbook fan in the first place.

He's been my favourite artist since his Uncanny X-Men run. His newer stuff is a little too exaggerated but he's still my favourite.

Joe Mad is one big reason why I'm such a huge fan of Blink:

blink.jpg

Edit: Thinking about this poster specifically though, the signature looks off. Style seems very close to Joe Mad, though. Can anyone confirm this was Joe? I always assumed it was.

Either way, loved his work.
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 07-15-2022 at 11:08 AM.

Absolutely love his work, but it can definitely feel dated, or a better way to say that, is that if feels tied to an era. He's way up there in my lists of favorite artists though.

Ironically, I’m rereading 90s X-men for the first time since I was a kid and I’ve got to say, his art really impressed me from the first issue. He really added tons of energy and character, even if it was very 90s in terms of the portrayal of women.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post

I still have this Wizard issue stored in my mom's attic. Fantastic.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

also wasn't he a teenager when he started on the books, talk about gifted

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Iconic! Alongside Jim Lee, Greg Capullo and Chris Bachalo they are the quintessential 90's X-Men artists.
    Indeed. I'd toss in The Kubert Brothers for good measure, though...

I loved his work on the team and was really unhappy that he retired from the business to work in the video game industry. His take on the X-Men was fresh and exciting and I think it still holds up. Wish he would have had a longer run. Great energetic story telling too. While the Kubert Bros are great story tellers I never really liked their work as much. Not saying they aren't talented, just that it doesn't gel for me personally for some reason.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Maggott with 3 worm like creatures, instead of the stubby slugs and Cecilia Reyes without dreadlocks. Those promo images were interesting in how they showcased that there were still some last minute alterations done to all 3 late 90's recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    What about Carlos Pacheco?
    Last edited by Grunty; 07-15-2022 at 04:02 PM.