Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    She prepare to go war with a baby and a pregnant woman but without resources...
    Apparently it's still not confirmed Meggan is pregnant and Gambit brought pop-tarts.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Apparently it's still not confirmed Meggan is pregnant and Gambit brought pop-tarts.
    Hahahaha so the only member of the team with foresight is now dead.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Everyone chillax. Just two more issues.

And I'm honestly hoping the next series is co-written by Al Ewing.

Just wishful thinking putting that out into the universe.

Hopefully the announcement of what comes next is in the last issue of KoX or at SDCC.

Plus give us a good artist for the first arc.
    I do hope the ending frees a lot of characters up. At the beginning of KoX Betsy tells Roma "we can defeat Merlyn in an afternoon with Krakoan force" but Roma says she can only open the way with a quest and 10 knights. I'm hoping once they get the Siege and give it to Roma, the floodgates will be allowed open and Krakoa wrecks dollar store Gandolf. Then everyone is free to do whatever they wish again.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Hahahaha so the only member of the team with foresight is now dead.
    Lol well, yeah. The hope was to complete the quest as quickly as possible with a small team and then get Krakoa to come in like a wrecking ball which is what I'm hoping happens.

Now that I think about it, a few dots are connecting.

From KoX #1:

On her substack, Howard said, "Issue #4 is big, and Bob just turned in what might be the Spread of his Career for issue #5."

I'm now thinking we're going to see that gate planted and the cavalry in the form of droves of Krakoans rushing into Otherworld, similar to the X of Swords finale, with Rogue leading the charge..... or not?

Betsy's true nature as an English toff coming through there.

Is there a point in bringing Gambit back wrong other than driving Rogue back to Mystique and Destiny? Like, I'd love to see those three reconnect and plan something but not at the cost of Gambit being a memoryless skank from 1990 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    Betsy's true nature as an English toff coming through there.

Is there a point in bringing Gambit back wrong other than driving Rogue back to Mystique and Destiny? Like, I'd love to see those three reconnect and plan something but not at the cost of Gambit being a memoryless skank from 1990 again.
    Marvel has shown us time and time again that they won’t let pigheadiness stop them from making bad decisions. On the contrary they use it as a reason to power on into paths that very few wants to follow them on.

If they want Rogue with Destiny and Mystique the only problem is, with or without Gambit, that their plan should make sense for Rogue. If it does Rogue has no real problem going against Charles and Erik or the QC. She isn’t afraid to take a stand and go her own way. If Remy is alive he would either support her or disagree with her based on the merit if the plan makes sense. So whatever we see in any part of that plot I truly hope that it makes sense. Because using Gambits death as a motivation for Rogue would fell hollow very fast. She has a lot of integrity and if she don’t believe in something she will break with it. Rage or no rage.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I think the SP will bring Gambit back as his normal self but it will also bring back his long dormant Death persona as a separate entity. There was all that hinting about the Horseman of Death in earlier issues and everyone assumed it was foreshadowing the one in Sevalith joining them but I think it was referring to the time Remy was Death. It also parallels what happened when Rogue went through. This new version of Death will kill Merlyn and Arthur and take their place as Majestor then become the big bad for the next (final?) arc. If Destiny's prophecy about Rogue is about this book (and I'm not sure it is) it could be something like Death opening the gateways to Krakoa, but any mutant who enters Otherworld dies there?

Odd thing, but despite there apparently being some kind of hidden huge population of mutants in the Otherworld now, none of them have anything useful to contribute. I know that's par the course for civilian mutants, but it really makes this 'war' seem more like its just the Knights. No wonder they got crushed when all of the other locals either hated them or were indifferent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I think the SP will bring Gambit back as his normal self but it will also bring back his long dormant Death persona as a separate entity. There was all that hinting about the Horseman of Death in earlier issues and everyone assumed it was foreshadowing the one in Sevalith joining them but I think it was referring to the time Remy was Death. It also parallels what happened when Rogue went through. This new version of Death will kill Merlyn and Arthur and take their place as Majestor then become the big bad for the next (final?) arc. If Destiny's prophecy about Rogue is about this book (and I'm not sure it is) it could be something like Death opening the gateways to Krakoa, but any mutant who enters Otherworld dies there?
    Yikes! This actually sounds really interesting, though I have a feeling the Otherworld stuff will be mostly wrapped up. If so, I'm thinking maybe the Siege will become the gate that Betsy has been asking for, the gate that Destiny has warned will change mutants that go through it. Or something.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Odd thing, but despite there apparently being some kind of hidden huge population of mutants in the Otherworld now, none of them have anything useful to contribute. I know that's par the course for civilian mutants, but it really makes this 'war' seem more like its just the Knights. No wonder they got crushed when all of the other locals either hated them or were indifferent.
    I'd imagine these strapping boys put up a fight.

But yeah, even Death was very meh about it all. Unless he surprises us later and has taken over Sevalith, making the vampires his worshippers.

Astonishing Member

This conflict can be summed up as thus, and I imagine future issues will go like this

“Merlyn, you cur! We are going to dethrone your racist puppet king so we can put in our insane reality warping puppet king instead!”

“Wait are you talking about Jaspers or your brother?”

“Both! Or perhaps we shall put up Mordred instead.”

“Wait, why would you do that?”

“Deconstruction of the mythos in the most original manner!”

“Original, do you mean what almost everyone writes as their fanfic about Arthurian mythos if they aren’t pairing up Arthur and Lancelot?”

“Shut up, foul wizard!”

Betsy makes Merlyn the dead with a big sword

“Mordred, since we are pretty sure the Otherworld reset you to factory conditions, I’m glad we can put an non-evil person on the throne.”

“Yes, yes, you definitely did that.”

Five days later

“This is Alicia Brightstone with BBC news reporting on the mysterious deaths of Dane Whitman and Jacks Chopra in their castle last night. In other news, the founder of the popular Listner app has announced its relaunch will be occurring soon!”

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    This conflict can be summed up as thus, and I imagine future issues will go like this

“Merlyn, you cur! We are going to dethrone your racist puppet king so we can put in our insane reality warping puppet king instead!”

“Original, do you mean what almost everyone writes as their fanfic about Arthurian mythos if they aren’t pairing up Arthur and Lancelot?”

“Shut up, foul wizard!”

“Mordred, since we are pretty sure the Otherworld reset you to factory conditions, I’m glad we can put an non-evil person on the throne.”

Five days later

“This is Alicia Brightstone with BBC news reporting on the mysterious deaths of Dane Whitman and Jacks Chopra in their castle last night. In other news, the founder of the popular Listner app has announced its relaunch will be occurring soon!”
    Pretty much...

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post

“Shut up, foul wizard!”

Five days later

Ok who leaked the script?

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Wait does the siege peralies work on dead people? I'm not familiar with it at all. Do they just chuck his body through a gate or something and he gets resurrected?
    It worked on NIMROD and turned him into Bastion so i will go with yes.

This preview just shows why this book is getting cancelled at five issues, it sucks, plain and simple.

I mean they got two issue to get him to the SP, brought back to life, have a reason to validate Shogo's presence as a dragon, have Mr M. show up because they name dropped him in the last issue, beat Merlin and Arthur, restore Saturnyne to her throne and cap everything out with Betsy and Rachel become a couple and end the book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    This preview just shows why this book is getting cancelled at five issues, it sucks, plain and simple.

I mean they got two issue to get him to the SP, brought back to life, have a reason to validate Shogo's presence as a dragon, have Mr M. show up because they name dropped him in the last issue, beat Merlin and Arthur, restore Saturnyne to her throne and cap everything out with Betsy and Rachel become a couple and end the book.
    I mean it's essentially the pace that Excalibur moved at...I'm not sure why they either thought five issues was sufficient or why Howard thought she could keep the same pace from early-mid excalibur with so many fewer issues?