Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jv565 View Post
    I'm also thinking there would be a lot of people who object to the resurrection protocol for religious reasons. I'm guessing there would be a big subset of humanity who wouldn't consider coming back as clones with implanted memories and personalities to be true resurrection. I was really interested to watch Nightcrawler kind of grapple with that, but it wasn't really addressed as well or thoroughly as I thought it could have been.
    The waiting room changed that tho, now mutants come back with their souls and only if they want to come back. But that was because scarlet witch a (human being) and avenger no less did something about it. She has the power of a reality warping elder god of chaos inside her why aren't they telling her to create a way for all humans to comeback of they want to, her mastery as per herself is infinite probability. In there somewhere she can get a probable chance where each and every human being can ressurect if they want to be resurrected mind you magneto added that tid bit. If she can crack the multiverse like and egg and erase billions of mutants in the process she can easily do so for the entire human race allowing those with reservations on ressurection due to whatever reason to stay dead and those who want to comeback to comeback. She can do this as a favour to her fellow human beings. I dont get why the mutants are being stressed on this when this process lies in the hands of five barely legal mutants. Imagine how much stress they will be put through, it is easy now but imagine when billions and potentially trillions get added simply because of humans can get in on the resurection, also what stops shiar from getting in on it too lord knows they have been better to mutants than humans have been, or the dabari who were ruthlessly genocided in the pheonix saga or any other race in the universe nay, multiverse which might not have cracked immortality yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    dont know why im so surprised but i honestly thought there were more mutants living on Krakoa...they're not even close to a million inhabitants. Those Genosha mutants are going to be waiting a while to come back

also its funny, it looks as if Jean does not care at all about the phoenix like she could not be bothered at all with that bird
    Well, and in all fairness, canon has it that Jean's mutation has evolved to fill the void that was once her bond to the Phoenix Force. Why be bothered when with a thought she can simply use Echo and anyone else in the vicinity as her personal Energizer Bunnies?
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-15-2022 at 10:55 PM.

There were definitely more living on Krakoa, at least after X of Swords reunited Krakoa with Arakko, but then they terraformed Mars and moved the millions of Arakki mutants there. Possibly some Krakoans went with them to the red planet as well. Just a thought.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    The waiting room changed that tho, now mutants come back with their souls and only if they want to come back. But that was because scarlet witch a (human being) and avenger no less did something about it. She has the power of a reality warping elder god of chaos inside her why aren't they telling her to create a way for all humans to comeback of they want to, her mastery as per herself is infinite probability. In there somewhere she can get a probable chance where each and every human being can ressurect if they want to be resurrected mind you magneto added that tid bit. If she can crack the multiverse like and egg and erase billions of mutants in the process she can easily do so for the entire human race allowing those with reservations on ressurection due to whatever reason to stay dead and those who want to comeback to comeback. She can do this as a favour to her fellow human beings. I dont get why the mutants are being stressed on this when this process lies in the hands of five barely legal mutants. Imagine how much stress they will be put through, it is easy now but imagine when billions and potentially trillions get added simply because of humans can get in on the resurection, also what stops shiar from getting in on it too lord knows they have been better to mutants than humans have been, or the dabari who were ruthlessly genocided in the pheonix saga or any other race in the universe nay, multiverse which might not have cracked immortality yet.
    Seeing you write it out, the Scarlet Witch thing has such Jesus vibes. She had to die as one of them and then be resurrected a short time later so that she could open up the possibility of eternal life to all those who didn't have it before, assuming they wish to accept it. The parallel is striking.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Already happened in some respects. With Tony alone, Extremis is a nanotech-based bioaugmentation formula with the capacity to uplift a human being to peak physical fitness (and also attractiveness) presumably indefinitely, in light of its hyper-regenerative and programmable properties, and the "total biological reboot" used to bring him and Rhodey back from the dead at the end of Brian Bendis's Invincible Iron Man where he did his best to clean up his mess from Civil War II could restore human dead as well. The Jackal's advanced cloning technology, especially following Otto Octavius in his Superior Octopus phase hybridizing it with the Inheritors' even more advanced cloning tech that they used to make and download themselves into new bodies every time they got killed, was shown in Clone Conspiracy to create near-perfect "reanimations" of the dead and the Inheritors' use of that tech could arguably be a precursor to the Krakoan Resurrection Protocols. To sum it up, there are superheroes (and supervillains) who have long possessed the means to make themselves (and humankind on the whole) effectively immortal, or at least indefinitely long-lived, so if anyone wants to get on the mutants for their method (that they publicized because continuing to hide that truth would make things even worse on them in the long run), they should also be asking Tony (since he's supposed to be a hero and all that) why he can't share Extremis or the "total biological reboot" with humanity at large.
    Yeah, I addressed that by noting editorial is letting the X-Men franchise run wild with linewide changes while characters who can singlehandedly make this resurrection plot point moot are prevented from doing so. But those are all definitely good points, and that's before we get into the reality that a group like Orchis making any of those available to the public en masse would INSTANTLY become the world's favorites. Their public image of protecting and advancing humanity would dwarf pretty much anything else, and make for some interesting scenarios. I know a lot of X-Men, like Kurt, would NOT be comfortable destroying a resurrection mechanism made by humans for humans.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    To the first: probably mind wipe them.

Second: does the average human even know who the Eternals are?
    They will once cameras see them fight and die in public only to catch a human die when they resurrect, repeatedly. And as other folks said: Even the Avengers don't know this, on top of the Eternals having been up to a bunch of skeezy things lately such as manipulating them (one involved controlling Tony like a muppet). Remember that Gillen said the Eternals are the villains of this event.
    Last edited by Metal Sphere; 07-16-2022 at 07:42 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Yeah, I addressed that by noting editorial is letting the X-Men franchise run wild with linewide changes while characters who can singlehandedly make this resurrection plot point moot are prevented from doing so. But those are all definitely good points, and that's before we get into the reality that a group like Orchis making any of those available to the public en masse would INSTANTLY become the world's favorites. Their public image of protecting and advancing humanity would dwarf pretty much anything else, and make for some interesting scenarios. I know a lot of X-Men, like Kurt, would NOT be comfortable destroying a resurrection mechanism made by humans for humans.

They will once cameras see them fight and die in public only to catch a human die when they resurrect, repeatedly. And as other folks said: Even the Avengers don't know this, on top of the Eternals having been up to a bunch of skeezy things lately such as manipulating them (one involved controlling Tony like a muppet). Remember that Gillen said the Eternals are the villains of this event.
    ... that's not how it works.

A human anywhere on the planet randomly dies when an eternal is resurrected. It's not the closest human in proximity to a dead eternal and they also don't revive automatically.

Most eternals don't even know the truth behind their resurrection, they just wake back up after a period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Already happened in some respects. With Tony alone, Extremis is a nanotech-based bioaugmentation formula with the capacity to uplift a human being to peak physical fitness (and also attractiveness) presumably indefinitely, in light of its hyper-regenerative and programmable properties, and the "total biological reboot" used to bring him and Rhodey back from the dead at the end of Brian Bendis's Invincible Iron Man where he did his best to clean up his mess from Civil War II could restore human dead as well. The Jackal's advanced cloning technology, especially following Otto Octavius in his Superior Octopus phase hybridizing it with the Inheritors' even more advanced cloning tech that they used to make and download themselves into new bodies every time they got killed, was shown in Clone Conspiracy to create near-perfect "reanimations" of the dead and the Inheritors' use of that tech could arguably be a precursor to the Krakoan Resurrection Protocols. To sum it up, there are superheroes (and supervillains) who have long possessed the means to make themselves (and humankind on the whole) effectively immortal, or at least indefinitely long-lived, so if anyone wants to get on the mutants for their method (that they publicized because continuing to hide that truth would make things even worse on them in the long run), they should also be asking Tony (since he's supposed to be a hero and all that) why he can't share Extremis or the "total biological reboot" with humanity at large.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    ... that's not how it works.

A human anywhere on the planet randomly dies when an eternal is resurrected. It's not the closest human in proximity to a dead eternal and they also don't revive automatically.

Most eternals don't even know the truth behind their resurrection, they just wake back up after a period of time.
    I know how it works. The story will simply have one of those random human deaths happen in the same area as the fight, in public view. For storytelling purposes it's not a stretch at all. I'm willing to bet there will be a point in the event where Ikaris and those that know will make it known to all and that forces folks to choose to side with him or those who want to keep up the old ways with Druig, Uranos, etc...

Astonishing Member

Ikaris won’t. While Sersi paid Jack of Knives to make the threat, it’s manifestly in the Eternals’ abilities to cauterise the revaluation the way Jack elaborated on if pushed

As for someone noticing; the Machine also harvests Deviants for their life force, so the odds that the Mutants kill enough of the 80 odd hostile Eternals enough times for enough humans nearby to the point of death to die to actually form a pattern is extremely unlikely

I know how it works. The story will simply have one of those random human deaths happen in the same area as the fight, in public view. For storytelling purposes it's not a stretch at all. I'm willing to bet there will be a point in the event where Ikaris and those that know will make it known to all and that forces folks to choose to side with him or those who want to keep up the old ways with Druig, Uranos, etc...
    Another poster brought this up previously but when the mutants find out that a human randomly dies for an Eternal to come back, many of the mutants will be hit with the dilemma of if they should pull their punches to avoid more humans from dying. It's a whole ugly scenario.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Its also pretty interesting to me that the next enemies the main X-Men team will be facing immediately following Judgment Day will be the Children of the Vault, aka another advanced society that has a resurrection mechanism they use to repopulate their people with either the same individuals, clones or near-clones who are just more evolved versions of those lost in battle. Mutants kinda have reason to be like 'getting reeeeeeal sick of everyone singling us and our resurrection out when like, all the other kids at school are doing it too!'

(Also mostly I just want a scene between Bobby and Fuego, where Bobby's like, 'hey, didn't I already kill you,' to a resurrected Fuego, and Fuego's like didn't I already kill you, and Bobby's like, touché.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jv565 View Post
    Seeing you write it out, the Scarlet Witch thing has such Jesus vibes. She had to die as one of them and then be resurrected a short time later so that she could open up the possibility of eternal life to all those who didn't have it before, assuming they wish to accept it. The parallel is striking.
    Yeah well she can do that for the humans and let them leave the mutants alone.

I'm not saying you're wrong. I definitely think the whole 'a person dies when a Eternal is reborn' thing will play a part in this, and the scenario you described may very well be how it's done. If it is, though, I think it wouldn't be in keeping with the way the resurrection protocols have been known to work. An Eternal isn't resurrected immediately, and they're resurrected back in Olympia. Enough time would pass to where the connection wouldn't be a very strong one. If anything, if humans started dropping in eye line of where Eternals are dying, they might assume killing an Eternal kills a human, but I'm not sure they'd tie it to resurrection at first. There's a good chance I'm overthinking it, though. I tend to do that.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

That's not not how Eternals resurrect. It's more complicated than an Eternal dies and a random human instantly eats dirt seconds later

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Well, that's kind of the point I was making in saying that a lot of religious humans might not want that. For certain religious humans, they believe that someone already did that for them. They believe in eternity already and that they'll be resurrected themselves one day. They're probably not interested in either mutants or a Romani witch with fantastic hair doing it for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Another poster brought this up previously but when the mutants find out that a human randomly dies for an Eternal to come back, many of the mutants will be hit with the dilemma of if they should pull their punches to avoid more humans from dying. It's a whole ugly scenario.
    Exactly, and it also brings up interesting questions. Just like how Orchis is exploiting mutant deathlessness to argue that there is no such thing as murdering a mutant, I'm sure your scenario will come up. Ugly is an understatement, this upends so much stuff and leads to fascinating dynamics.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna
    As we saw with Terra Verde,Ulrich and Reed, mutants do not tolerate humans having any advantage over them. It's one of the most consistent things in the books aside from their intense antipathy towards inorganic life forms. If Wanda ever made a Waiting Room for humans, they would destroy it and mindwipe Wanda to prevent her from creating it again. Please remember that mutants are doing all of this (Krakoa, Resurrection, drugs and Mysterium as leverage) to win a war that in all other realities, they lose. If humans found a way of harvesting/generating Mysterium, for example, it would be mysteriously destroyed.