Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Default Underrated comic book video games

The title says it all what video games based off comics do you think deserves more love?

Spiderman on PS1 doesnt get enough love. We need Doc Carnage on the Next Gen!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Definitely, here's My Top (3) Three choices...

TMNT: Turtles in Time

The Adventures of Batman & Robin

The Tick

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-14-2022 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

There were a ton of good comic-based arcade games that don't get much exposure now since the consoles at the time couldn't really do home ports so they didn't have the reach that a lot of retro games do now. Emulation is pretty much the only way to play them at this point.

-Sega's Spider-Man (1992)
    -Taito's Superman (1988)
    -Atari's Batman (1990)
    -Capcom's The Punisher (1993)
    -Konami's Bucky O'Hare (1992) (technically based off the cartoon, but the cartoon is based off the comic)
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Hulks ultimate destruction. It is my favorite superhero game of PS2 era and I rarely see it pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Spiderman on PS1 doesnt get enough love. We need Doc Carnage on the Next Gen!
    I think the PS1 ASM game and Ultimate Destruction got a lot of love when they first came out, although the PS1 Spidey did get eventually overshadowed by the Spider-man 2 game. Enter Electro was kind of underwhelming as well.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member

Spider-Man PS1 is probably what I think most of when I think 90’s Spider-Man. The emphasis on darker scenery, the overabundance of characters, a Spider-hunt storyline, the silly costumes.
    It’s pure 90’s Spider-Man which is funny as it’s from 2000, and came out the same time as Ultimate Spider-Man which in my eyes showcases the perfect defenition of 00’s Spider-Man.
    Speaking of Ultimate Spider-Man, the PS2 game rarely gets talked about, and yet I find it’s one of the better Spider-Man games.
    My only issue is that it’s way too shory, you can complete the game in around 5 hours. But it’s still a lot of fun.

Spectacular Member

Even though Spider-Man 2 Enter Electro is tougher in some of the levels, the game is still fun to enjoy and play through. trying to stop that plane from blowing up the warehouse or whatever is still hard to figure out.

also X-Men Mutant Academy series for old Playstation i think theyre underrated along with SNES X-Men Mutant Apocalypse

The majority definitely won't agree, but my next choice is a personal favorite....

The Punisher: The Ultimate Payback!
    (GameBoy, 1991)

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-16-2022 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    The majority definitely won't agree, but my next choice is a personal favorite....

The Punisher: The Ultimate Payback!
    (GameBoy, 1991)

I'll have to give it a look. I do love the NES version of Punisher. And of course the Capcom Arcade game.

I’ve never played PS1 ASM. How do you guys play older games, with emulators or with the actual old consoles (or both)?

A bit newer, and not part of Marvel or DC, The Darkness games.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

Spectacular Member

Definitely Justice League Heroes. Just recently replayed the PS2 version, and while it lacks alot of the polish that Ultimate Alliance had, it's still a solid and faithful representation of the DC Universe. The PSP version even had some exclusive characters iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueElf94 View Post
    Definitely Justice League Heroes. Just recently replayed the PS2 version, and while it lacks alot of the polish that Ultimate Alliance had, it's still a solid and faithful representation of the DC Universe. The PSP version even had some exclusive characters iirc.
    lleh haey! It's still a solid beat them up game. Kinda hoping they could polish the game more back then. It's my introductionary to know about Zatanna xd. She is just so damn to play there. Bunnies transformation, slow area then spam the fireballs. Also healing xd, it's help a lot