1 4.17%
  • Zatanna

5 20.83%
  • The wonder twins

2 8.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default What dc characters would you make a cw series out of realistically

Ok so I just wanted to know seeing as how Gotham knights looks pretty bad what dc characters would you use on the cw that would do well on the network and not tank but be realistic I have posted a poll below with some options though if I am being honest there's not a whole lot they are not making a film out of but what would your pick/picks be?

I would think The Question. I love that guy and he doesnt get enough respect. And I want the real question not the conspiracy guy from the Justice League Cartoon and Not The Rene Montoya. She didnt do a bad job I am just a fan of the classic
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I would think The Question. I love that guy and he doesnt get enough respect. And I want the real question not the conspiracy guy from the Justice League Cartoon and Not The Rene Montoya. She didnt do a bad job I am just a fan of the classic
    ^^^Of the available choices I went w. The Question, yeah.
    And yeah (again) I’d want the real Question not Montoya.

^^^I'd enjoy The Human Target getting a show. He appeared a couple of times on ARROW, was pretty cool, and used the actual realistic mask gimmick from the comics. The show would have opportunities for great reveals/plot twists when the masks come off ala the old MISSION IMPOSSIBLE series.

^^^Deadman would be fun, in a QUANTUM LEAP kind of way as we the audience could see him but in-story everyone saw the person he was possessing.

None of these shows would break the bank via their budgets which is always a factor for a network.

I hate being this guy. But did anyone else when they saw the Wonder Twins Think "New Teen Drama Series?"
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Boisterously Confused

IMO, Zatanna would be best of the available choices, especially since we're talking about the CW. Candidly, The Spectre is who I'd like to see.

I hate being this guy. But did anyone else when they saw the Wonder Twins Think "New Teen Drama Series?"
    ^^^Definitely.
    That said, I was way more onboard w. them getting that treatment than I was about applying that treatment to The Power Puff Girls.

-- I ruled out "Batman Beyond" because I don't think the CW can create that futuristic world.
    -- I love the Question, but I don't want him on a CW show. And you know that in live action, they're going to have him not wear the mask most of the time because they're going to want to see the actor's face.
    -- I chose Huntress because she has an interesting backstory (whether she's Wayne or Bertinelli) and she's a non-powered urban vigilante, which has been shown to work on tv.
    -- My second choice would have been Zatanna because showing her magic doesn't have to be too expensive and she inhabits an interesting world where we could end up seeing a bunch of other interesting DC characters.

Astonishing Member

As others have said, The Question.

Barring that? Deadman or The Spectre.

Yes. The O'Neill/Cowan version. Definitely. If Jensen Ackles isn't too busy he'd be perfect as Vic.

I'd like to see Phantom Lady, taking place in Washington, D.C. (Obviously, she will have to be more than a debutante daughter of a Senator). And since she's in DC, she can mix it up with Black Condor, who is a senator.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

I wish they'd have made a TV series about the Linda Danvers version of Supergirl instead of the series they actually made. I literally have a fanfic showing how I think such a series could go.

I think a TV adaptation of the 90s Dixon Robin series starring Tim Drake and Stephanie Brown could be great.

To expand on my initial post, I love the Question, but I wouldn't trust the CW to do a series. His series should be a lot more adult - in themes and violence and sexuality, etc. His series should present moral questions, challenge conventional thinking and live in the grey area of good v. evil.(sorry, Ditko) And it should not give easy answers. So no, I wouldn't want the CW to give us a "The Question" series.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    -- I ruled out "Batman Beyond" because I don't think the CW can create that futuristic world.
    -- I love the Question, but I don't want him on a CW show. And you know that in live action, they're going to have him not wear the mask most of the time because they're going to want to see the actor's face.
    -- I chose Huntress because she has an interesting backstory (whether she's Wayne or Bertinelli) and she's a non-powered urban vigilante, which has been shown to work on tv.
    -- My second choice would have been Zatanna because showing her magic doesn't have to be too expensive and she inhabits an interesting world where we could end up seeing a bunch of other interesting DC characters.
    Wait, how is Zatanna's magic not too expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Wait, how is Zatanna's magic not too expensive?
    Because we've seen magic on tv and it doesn't have to be crazy expensive if they don't want it to be. It doesn't have to be "Bewitched" but it doesn't have to be "Dr Strange" either. Depending on the tone of the show, her powers never have to be crazier than anything we saw on "Lucifer","Constantine" or "Legends of Tomorrow."
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 07-16-2022 at 02:10 AM.

Question, from a production standpoint, would be the easiest.
    Batman Beyond? Ha! No. You would need a big budget and a ton of CGI to make that work.
    Static, I love the character, but you need more budget than what CW has for it to work.
    Nightwing and Batgirl (any of them) would need better writers than what Batwoman got. And knowing CW, there's a 50% chance Dick, Babs, Cass, or Steph would be replaced by a generic OC.
    Huntress, either background could be interesting. I'd lean a little more into Helena Wayne. Hell, she would be a better protagonist than what's his face for the "Gotham Knights".