Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I’m off work and there aren’t any new Krakoa era releases this week so I FINALLY got to read this. I kinda wish I had reread the previous 19 issues because I think some of the emotional beats would have hit a lot harder. Overall, the story was enjoyable but I couldn’t help but keep thinking about the loss of story potential due to the M-Day status quo. The final issue even talks about how mutants were influencing culture, creating their own spaces, increasing in number, AND closer to achieving Xavier’s dream than ever. Shutting that down for years of grim dark stories (and yes this definitely went into early 2000s comics grimdark territory with the number of bloody and mutilated minors) just doesn’t seem worth it to me. That’s not the writers fault but truly a reflection of the poor decision making behind Decimation.

In terms of characters Prodigy and Mercury were my favorites, with Surge, Elixir, and Dust (even though the latter didn’t do much) behind them. I… was not a fan of Hellion and Ms. Emma Frost. They both give us jerk frat boy/ sorority girl energy who you’re supposed to put up with cause they have “good intentions”. Like dang why do you CONSTANTLY have to be reminded to act right?

I decided to unstick this thread because it was way overdue. I did stick a new thread if people are interested in doing another go at book club.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.