Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

Unbelievable that Alchemy is not back jet, his sacrifice save all mutants on earth from the terrigen mist and this is how the X-Office pay him!

Also bring Beautiful Dreamer back, her death was so sad.

Bring back Super Sabre, Crimson Commando, and Stonewall all young.

Madame Web

The Promise from hibernation and the ones that died

Changeling, Petra, Sway - 3 X-Men still dead.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Yeah Krakoa being 200,000 seems super low relative to what they've been saying. Cap had mentioned that Krakoas population exploded at the last Gala so I assumed it was more but I guess that was just boosted by Arrako
    I think 200,000 is actually already a lot. In universe it was just few years after Decimation, and a year or two since Hope reactivated x-gen and new mutants started to appear. And when there was a terrigen cloud killing mutants, and IIRC in Rosenberg's story there were also a lot of deaths. After all of it I thought what there were only several thousands of mutants left in the world, so, the population indeed kind of explosively increased. AFAIK we don't know how many mutants the Five could resurrect in a day. I think the largest number we saw was around a dozen in Way of X. So, lets say they can resurrect 20 people a day, it would be only 7300 in a year. Even if the Five could resurrect 1000 mutants every day, it would still be only 365,000 a year (and even at such speed they would need 44 years just to resurrect everyone from Genosha). So, i think it is already surprising what they currently have 200,000 people on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh;[URL="tel:6119882"
    6119882[/URL]]After seeing how low the mutant population currently is on Krakoa, are we missing any popular mutants that have good backstory and history with the current runners? Other than Selene? 🙃
    Err Nope!
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Madame Web.
    Waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait!!! Madame Web was mutant?! Since when? She was human who gained clairvoyance as a side effect of a neurological disease that awakened her mystical potential... And when she died, she passed her powers to another human, Julia Carpenter...

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Changeling, Petra, Sway - 3 X-Men still dead.
    Xavier doesn't want them around because they are a living reminder of how horrible he was, dumping them in Muir Island without training, and sending them in a suicide mission after a bit of mental conditioning...

Incredible Member

Yeah Krakoa being 200,000 seems super low relative to what they've been saying. Cap had mentioned that Krakoas population exploded at the last Gala so I assumed it was more but I guess that was just boosted by Arrako
    It probably happened in this order. 1-Population explosion. 2-Cap say at the gala there is a population explosion. 3-Mutants colonizing Mars was revelaed later on at the gala. 4-Many mutants moved from Krakoa to Arrako.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    It probably happened in this order. 1-Population explosion. 2-Cap say at the gala there is a population explosion. 3-Mutants colonizing Mars was revelaed later on at the gala. 4-Many mutants moved from Krakoa to Arrako.
    I thought he was just referring to Arrako. He specifically mentioned it, and talked about some of the stuff happening with Arrako mutant. Cyclops says they may have a solution for it at the gala. At the gala they terraform mars and then move arrako there. Problem of population explosion solved since arrako and it's mutants were moved to mars.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    I think 200,000 is actually already a lot. In universe it was just few years after Decimation, and a year or two since Hope reactivated x-gen and new mutants started to appear. And when there was a terrigen cloud killing mutants, and IIRC in Rosenberg's story there were also a lot of deaths. After all of it I thought what there were only several thousands of mutants left in the world, so, the population indeed kind of explosively increased. AFAIK we don't know how many mutants the Five could resurrect in a day. I think the largest number we saw was around a dozen in Way of X. So, lets say they can resurrect 20 people a day, it would be only 7300 in a year. Even if the Five could resurrect 1000 mutants every day, it would still be only 365,000 a year (and even at such speed they would need 44 years just to resurrect everyone from Genosha). So, i think it is already surprising what they currently have 200,000 people on Krakoa.
    Hmm I see what you're saying here. Also during the Terrigen Cloud madness mutants were being killed as many murderous humans saw it as open season. I'm reminded of that mass grave shown to Kurt in Extraordinary. And since it's been a tight timeframe, yeah, I can see the number making sense.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    My problem with this is that back in 2020, Krakoa was already stated to have a population of 200,000 mutants. They've mentioned that The Five have improved their process over time and that they're able to resurrect mutants at a much faster pace than before. So to see that they haven't really made any progress since then is disappointing

X-Men - Fantastic Four v2 002 (2020) (Digital) (F) (Zone-Empire)-009.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelfan1992 View Post
    My problem with this is that back in 2020, Krakoa was already stated to have a population of 200,000 mutants. They've mentioned that The Five have improved their process over time and that they're able to resurrect mutants at a much faster pace than before. So to see that they haven't really made any progress since then is disappointing

X-Men - Fantastic Four v2 002 (2020) (Digital) (F) (Zone-Empire)-009.jpg
    It's true but since it came out in 2020 and with Marvel's sliding timescale, it was probably only a short time ago in-universe. And there's been a few attacks on the island since where mutants have died (Brood attack, Empyre plant attack, Selene's monster, etc.), plus the various heroes that have died. So I'd say it tracks with the X-Men/FF series.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait!!! Madame Web was mutant?! Since when? She was human who gained clairvoyance as a side effect of a neurological disease that awakened her mystical potential... And when she died, she passed her powers to another human, Julia Carpenter...

Xavier doesn't want them around because they are a living reminder of how horrible he was, dumping them in Muir Island without training, and sending them in a suicide mission after a bit of mental conditioning...
    Madame Webb is officially listed as a mutant, she has a history of using magic and has the same connection to the Web of Life and Destiny that all Spider-people share, so its very possible she used that connection plus a magic spell to transfer her powers. Its also possible that she like Blindfold is a descendant of Irene Alder.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

BANNED

That could explain it: some mutants get resurrected but don't want to stick around. Though kinda hard to start over from scratch when you're dead
    One would think that Human Mutants born to Baseline Humans were birthed in secret seclusion -- no birth certificates or medical records whatsoever required

Mutants may be born to human or mutant parents, though the odds of a mutant birth are much better for the latter. Likewise, it is rare but possible for mutant parents to have human children, termed "baseline" by characters within the Marvel Universe. Some baseline humans are genetically predisposed towards having mutant descendants such as the Guthrie family (see Cannonball, Husk, and Icarus). Mutant children born to mutant parent(s) will not necessarily have the same power(s) as their parent(s), nor will they necessarily have the same power(s) as any mutant siblings they may have; however, examples of children with the same power(s) as their parents and/or siblings are not uncommon.

There is, however, a chance that mutants may not even be able to reproduce a child at all. The Hayes (Runaways), telepathic mutant doctors, were unsure their mutant heritage could even produce a child; it did, however, take them several years to finally have a child: Molly Hayes.
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-16-2022 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Thought ammendment(s).

The Native

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It's true but since it came out in 2020 and with Marvel's sliding timescale, it was probably only a short time ago in-universe. And there's been a few attacks on the island since where mutants have died (Brood attack, Empyre plant attack, Selene's monster, etc.), plus the various heroes that have died. So I'd say it tracks with the X-Men/FF series.
    It's been a year and a few months in universe