Extraordinary Member

Default Artemis: Wanted #1 Preview

Artemis: Wanted #1 Preview
    Writer: Vita Ayala
    Artist: Skylar Patridge

Yas!!

I'm looking forward to reading this!

Hmm, new origin perhaps?

What do we know about the origin of Artemis? In the Messner era I understand that she was born and raised with the Banas.
    And the other thing I remember is what was told in Red Hood & The Outlaws with Akila, but her childhood is not shown there.
    Would this be the first time that the origin of Artemis, her parents and other questions about her are told?

Wow this looks good. I have to buy it

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Im glad this has the OG WGs w/Artemis but i wish Donna was buult up more before this. Her blind hatred for Artemis seems off while everyone else has practically moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    What do we know about the origin of Artemis? In the Messner era I understand that she was born and raised with the Banas.
    And the other thing I remember is what was told in Red Hood & The Outlaws with Akila, but her childhood is not shown there.
    Would this be the first time that the origin of Artemis, her parents and other questions about her are told?
    Assuming it's not some fake out.

Think the only things established about Artemis' past were the stuff in Red Hood with Akila.

It's probably because I haven't read enough stories but I always thought Artemis was raised as a Bana Amazon from the ground up and didn't have a normal family. This makes her feel more like Donna.

They're really doubling down on this whole "Cassie is a detective" thing.

Angry Donna out for blood is a bad look for her. I mean, presumably it's because Artemis killed her mother, but it feels hollow with how out of focus Donna and her relationship with Diana/Hippolyta is.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Assuming it's not some fake out.

Think the only things established about Artemis' past were the stuff in Red Hood with Akila.
    It could be a twist, really.

Not sure I like this origin for Artemis. An American raised by patriotic parents who died in battle just doesn't read as Artemis to me.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's probably because I haven't read enough stories but I always thought Artemis was raised as a Bana Amazon from the ground up and didn't have a normal family. This makes her feel more like Donna.

They're really doubling down on this whole "Cassie is a detective" thing.

Angry Donna out for blood is a bad look for her. I mean, presumably it's because Artemis killed her mother, but it feels hollow with how out of focus Donna and her relationship with Diana/Hippolyta is.
    That was, more or less, Artemis' original background.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    It could be a twist, really.
    Kind of hoping so. It's like how every GL comes from the States.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I really hope this isn't actually Artemis' history. She should have been born into and raised as a Bana. Otherwise, how differently is she from Donna or Cassie even or for that matter, also Nubia it seems. Speaking of Donna, this was really out of character for her. It's almost like she and Cassie have switched personalities.
    On the plus side, it's nice to actually get some background and history for the Wonder characters. Now if we can just get a definitive origin for Cassie and (dare I even as for one for Donna?)

If this is supposed to be Artemis' actual origin then I really really don't like it.

I'm reminded of Kate Kane, who was also a redhead whose parents were both in the military...although only one died.

Well that was unexpected and I hope it's all true.

It's so republican it's jarring, but it really shouldn't be. Patriots come in all shades, backgrounds and party affiliations. We can't let them corner the market on what's considered American. End soapbox, but the sort of conservative angle is a good strategy to get attention for Artemis. I'm thinking of the maga comicbook guys on youtube (could name names but I won't) who hate all things "woke" (their hostile takeover of it made me despise that word) and how they'd love this.

It’s certainly a counterpoint to Diana and that’s what Artemis is supposed to be.