Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Well that was unexpected and I hope it's all true.

It's so republican it's jarring, but it really shouldn't be. Patriots come in all shades, backgrounds and party affiliations. We can't let them corner the market on what's considered American. End soapbox, but the sort of conservative angle is a good strategy to get attention for Artemis. I'm thinking of the maga comicbook guys on youtube (could name names but I won't) who hate all things "woke" (their hostile takeover of it made me despise that word) and how they'd love this.

It’s certainly a counterpoint to Diana and that’s what Artemis is supposed to be.
    The maga people are the last people you want reading a Wonder Woman comic and are exactly the type of people who hate what she stands for. I seriously doubt Vita Ayala of all people is trying to appeal to them. Making Artemis a counterpoint to Diana is one thing. This, assuming it is true, is turning her into something else entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The maga people are the last people you want reading a Wonder Woman comic and are exactly the type of people who hate what she stands for. I seriously doubt Vita Ayala of all people is trying to appeal to them. Making Artemis a counterpoint to Diana is one thing. This, assuming it is true, is turning her into something else entirely.
    lol It's not a Wonder Woman comic it's Artemis. She's no more Wonder Woman than Hal Jordan is Guy Gardner. Way to stir up the pot Vita Ayala. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    lol It's not a Wonder Woman comic it's Artemis. She's no more Wonder Woman than Hal Jordan is Guy Gardner. Way to stir up the pot Vita Ayala. lol
    It's a Wonder Woman spinoff starring a Wonder Woman character who has been Wonder Woman.

Either way, this is without a doubt a fake out.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I really hope this isn't actually Artemis' history. She should have been born into and raised as a Bana. Otherwise, how differently is she from Donna or Cassie even or for that matter, also Nubia it seems. Speaking of Donna, this was really out of character for her. It's almost like she and Cassie have switched personalities.
    On the plus side, it's nice to actually get some background and history for the Wonder characters. Now if we can just get a definitive origin for Cassie and (dare I even as for one for Donna?)
    Feels like it to me too.

What the Wonder'verse has been doing with Cassie and Donna since TotA hasn't been working for me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Well, DC higher-ups did tell Phil Jimenez he needed to make his Superwoman run more appealing to Trump supporters, which is what drove him away from DC until Kelly Sue DeConnick convinced him to come back.

So I wouldn't put anything past DC.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

For me it doesn't seem to track with Artemis' personality and identity as an Amazon unless she repressed these memories.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Well, DC higher-ups did tell Phil Jimenez he needed to make his Superwoman run more appealing to Trump supporters, which is what drove him away from DC until Kelly Sue DeConnick convinced him to come back.

So I wouldn't put anything past DC.
    I'd like to hope this was a Berganza problem that is gone now.

Wait did I miss something? What was MAGA about those preview pages? All I saw was an imperialistic take on US military intervention

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Feels like it to me too.

What the Wonder'verse has been doing with Cassie and Donna since TotA hasn't been working for me at all.
    Cassie and Donna haven't had anything positive or negative done with them in regard to the Wonder Verse for years. They're either never around or background characters.

I feel like Cassie is getting a mini push, she's being written as more responsible in the YJ Dark Crisis book and here.

Donna is out of character. Not sure where their going with this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Wait did I miss something? What was MAGA about those preview pages? All I saw was an imperialistic take on US military intervention
    The town of Hither and the random(?) dude telling Artemis to not draw attention to herself and all the stores closing when she showed up gave off bad vibes. I won't go so far as to say its MAGA or a sundown town, but it seems like an unfriendly place.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The town of Hither and the random(?) dude telling Artemis to not draw attention to herself and all the stores closing when she showed up gave off bad vibes. I won't go so far as to say its MAGA or a sundown town, but it seems like an unfriendly place.
    The stuff with the town gave me more vibes of something out of a Western, like when a mysterious stranger wanders into some town.

Let's remember right now that modern Bana Mighdall have been changed. They are right now women from all the world who fled to this place to build a civilization together. And they grow their population by accepting new women.

Always thought that Artemis was of Arabic descent.

Although not the first she's been white. But she's always been 'coded' as foreign so to find out that she grew up an American with patriotic parents is very left field.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Yeah i really hope that is left field and not her origin.

I always saw her as being born and raised amongst the Bana. A mirror of Diana w/out the paradise.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The last thing the Wonder Fam needs is another character with multiple contradictory origins.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The last thing the Wonder Fam needs is another character with multiple contradictory origins.
    Isnt that a staple for the Wonderfam nowadays? But I think this is the first real origin origin for Artemis.