Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

You do make a good point there, Z! I was just over the RRRRRRAAAAAGGHH! Sword Slashing of it all rather quickly probably due to fatigue

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    You do make a good point there, Z! I was just over the RRRRRRAAAAAGGHH! Sword Slashing of it all rather quickly probably due to fatigue
    I can understand if people don't care for how common that characterization is for Donna. But at least they gave it a good reason in this context.

One thing that bothered me about this issue was how they talked about Hecate. I know in the mainstream canon, Hecate is a villain. But I've been so spoiled by Kelly Sue DeConnick's portrayal of Hecate as one of the Amazons matron goddesses, that I found that her being referred to as a villain quite jarring.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    One thing that bothered me about this issue was how they talked about Hecate. I know in the mainstream canon, Hecate is a villain. But I've been so spoiled by Kelly Sue DeConnick's portrayal of Hecate as one of the Amazons matron goddesses, that I found that her being referred to as a villain quite jarring.
    Oh man, what I would give for an Ultimates-style alternate WW universe that follows Historia canon…

This is entirely greedy considering we only have 2 issues of Historia out of either 3 or a possible 9, but getting Diana’s Odyssey to Hippolyta’s Iliad would be a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Oh man, what I would give for an Ultimates-style alternate WW universe that follows Historia canon…

This is entirely greedy considering we only have 2 issues of Historia out of either 3 or a possible 9, but getting Diana’s Odyssey to Hippolyta’s Iliad would be a dream.
    This please. This. This. THIS.
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

This would be delicious!!!! Especially if the artistic quality is consistent. Hopefully Jimenez again or Oliver Coipel, Cynthia Martin, Miss Scott, or AH!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I honestly think if they could keep up what Historia has given us w/a good consistent artist....WW would be way more popular than she already is. All of that would make for a great hbo series or film

It's a bit of whiplash, lol. Though I could go either way on Hecate since I liked her role in the WW/JLD book.

She's a god so she should be beyond our notions of good and evil. Sometimes an ally, sometimes a villain.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    She's a god so she should be beyond our notions of good and evil. Sometimes an ally, sometimes a villain.
    Hm. I get what you’re saying, but then what’s the point of demons?

And don’t humans actually get their concepts of good and evil from their gods?

Hm. I get what you’re saying, but then what’s the point of demons?

And don’t humans actually get their concepts of good and evil from their gods?
    Greek myths didn't have the idea of Good and Evil.

It was all about power.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm reminded of Kate Kane, who was also a redhead whose parents were both in the military...although only one died.
    Not just the military, but the Army specifically, like Kate's parents. There are similar panels now of Artemis and Kate at the respective funerals holding a folded flag, they have similar visions/hallucinations/dreams of their parents being disappointed in them... it was very odd reading this issue.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I mean, she DID intend to destroy the universe on Witching Hour

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    I mean, she DID intend to destroy the universe on Witching Hour
    Yes, yes, I know. I guess what I'm saying is that I prefer Kelly Sue DeConnick's take on the Amazons and their goddesses so much that the mainstream takes on them now leave a bad taste in my mouth.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Does anyone else feel like they got Cassie and Donna reversed as far as Donna embodying empathy and Cassie embodying courage? It feels more appropriate for the one whose primary traits are that she is empathetic and human would embody empathy and the one who has never been afraid to run headfirst into danger to represent courage.

But then there's also the problem of Donna acting like a straight up Amazon in this. She should be significantly more... modern than she sounds here. There's very little difference in Donna's voice and Artemis's, which shouldn't be the case at all. She should sound more like an older, more mature Cassie, even if she's angry. Her origin being her original origin with this take on her personality just don't work at all.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey