Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Nightwing #94 Preview

Nightwing #94 Preview
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artist: Geraldo Borges

Astonishing Member

I'm liking the slow pulling of the threads, and the relatively minor "cops stopped from making The Haven look bad" victory last issue being used to pull a thread with much bigger consequences - and I quite like Borges' art.

But he's not Redondo, is he?

Extraordinary Member

I love this cover

Even though I'm sure it'll be another stellar issue, I miss Bruno when he's not the artist.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

I feel like this should feel more satisfying than it is...

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Like before, I didn't notice it's not Bruno. It's still a realistic clean style, and the colorist's the same

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like this should feel more satisfying than it is...
    There wasn't much struggle. The old BPD and Blockbuster, Dick was on his own, plus Oracle, sometimes Huntress. Superman dropped by but he left most of the time.

This time he got Titans to handle assassination plot, Melinda who leaked everything from Blockbuster and BPD, and Oracle who has eyes on everything to get the evidence they need. So all he needs to handle is the close quarter physical stuffs.

In the old story, Blockbuster is the king of the castle. This time, Dick also has a castle. Billionaire vs billionaire, assassin vs superheroes, corrupt cops vs world class hacker, mafia vs the mafia's daughter. Dick's castle is better.

The opposition also hasn't done a good enough damage
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 07-15-2022 at 05:33 PM.

I don’t know why Taylor has the U.S. Attorney General in the room with whoever that person is. That wouldn’t happen. It would be the FBI and maybe prosecutors from Main Justice or the U.S. Attorney’s office.
    Last edited by Twice-named; 07-15-2022 at 05:48 PM.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    There wasn't much struggle. The old BPD and Blockbuster, Dick was on his own, plus Oracle, sometimes Huntress. Superman dropped by but he left most of the time.

This time he got Titans to handle assassination plot, Melinda who leaked everything from Blockbuster and BPD, and Oracle who has eyes on everything to get the evidence they need. So all he needs to handle is the close quarter physical stuffs.

In the old story, Blockbuster is the king of the castle. This time, Dick also has a castle. Billionaire vs billionaire, assassin vs superheroes, corrupt cops vs world class hacker, mafia vs the mafia's daughter. Dick's castle is better.

Yeah, this probably sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    I don’t know why Taylor has the U.S. Attorney General in the room with whoever that person is. That wouldn’t happen. It would be the FBI and maybe prosecutors from Main Justice or the U.S. Attorney’s office.
    I don't think that Batman comics have really followed legal procedures very closely over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Like before, I didn't notice it's not Bruno. It's still a realistic clean style, and the colorist's the same

Let’s not forget Jon Kent, the literal son of Superman and friend of Nightwings (not to mention best friend to his little Brother Damian).
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Let’s not forget Jon Kent, the literal son of Superman and friend of Nightwings (not to mention best friend to his little Brother Damian).
    I actually wonder if this run has had the most guest stars/team-ups of any Nightwing run. Although Seeley featured a lot of characters.

the cover is great, and the art is fantastic even though it's not Bruno

Astonishing Member

Good issue! Liked it.

I also think it's the kind of thing that justifies the occasionally contentious use of Bludhaven - Gotham is just too "big" in narrative terms and full of characters for this kind of "bait the hook, provoke a response, parry their response and use it to unpick the baddies' status" kind of story.

Sorry, makes me sound like a hater, but.....
    Everyone acts stupid in this comic book.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Good issue! Liked it.

I also think it's the kind of thing that justifies the occasionally contentious use of Bludhaven - Gotham is just too "big" in narrative terms and full of characters for this kind of "bait the hook, provoke a response, parry their response and use it to unpick the baddies' status" kind of story.
    I liked too. But the art was the worst part.
    With Nightwing, Flash and Dark Crisis Young Justice the art department of the books this week was rough.

Thank god for Dan Mora in The Worlds Finest.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.