Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I don't think that Batman comics have really followed legal procedures very closely over the years.
    Also, I thought that was supposed to be the state Attorney General.

Extraordinary Member

This looks so good. I love Redondo, but this fill-in artist isn't half bad.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

If Taylor had to have someone take over Bludhaven PD he could've just brought back Amy Rohrbach instead of stealing from Superman.

Extraordinary Member

I think the reason he didn't is that Amy Rohrbach doesn't have the name recognition as Maggie Sawyer. I literally had to look up who Rohrbach was to be reminded of her. Plus, Sawyer's worked for the Gotham PD in the past, so it's not like this is the first time she's ever worked in the Bat-verse before.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I think the reason he didn't is that Amy Rohrbach doesn't have the name recognition as Maggie Sawyer. I literally had to look up who Rohrbach was to be reminded of her. Plus, Sawyer's worked for the Gotham PD in the past, so it's not like this is the first time she's ever worked in the Bat-verse before.
    A Nightwing reader hears "Amy" and already knows who it is.
    And her return would have been something to remember from the issue, the way it was is "turn the last page and wait for the next one, hoping for better". It's the third month I've finished reading like this.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    A Nightwing reader hears "Amy" and already knows who it is.
    And her return would have been something to remember from the issue, the way it was is "turn the last page and wait for the next one, hoping for better". It's the third month I've finished reading like this.
    I mean, I'm a Nightwing reader (mostly on and off since McDaniel left way back when. I only really started reading on the reg again since Taylor took over) and I needed a reminder. *shrugs*

She was almost married to Batwoman, but people here like to nitpick this book to death, so of course now it's going to be a problem.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Yeah, but I don't think the Bat-Verse needs to keep poaching Super-Verse characters and it makes no sense for Dan Turpin to leave with her, so I'd have much rather they just used someone connected to Bludhaven and the actual history of Nightwing in this continuity than to try and steal Maggie Sawyer again.

Besides didn't Clancy randomly turn up in this run? Wouldn't be the first time.

Astonishing Member

The plot requires it to be someone external to the Bludhaven PD, doesn't it? Promoting from the ranks doesn't give you the destabilising external element that threatens Blockbuster - and Maggie Sawyer is pretty much the only currently active cop in the DCU with name recognition, and the other one is Renee Montoya who I think is being used elsewhere?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    She was almost married to Batwoman, but people here like to nitpick this book to death, so of course now it's going to be a problem.
    Yeah, they certainly do, don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    The plot requires it to be someone external to the Bludhaven PD, doesn't it? Promoting from the ranks doesn't give you the destabilising external element that threatens Blockbuster - and Maggie Sawyer is pretty much the only currently active cop in the DCU with name recognition, and the other one is Renee Montoya who I think is being used elsewhere?
    Good point.

With out Dick’s history as a cop, Amy Rohrbach is just a name. Outside hires are often brought in as superintendents or commissioners. It also makes sense to bring in an outside hire when you know the police force is highly corrupt.

I didn’t think Blockbuster wasn’t aware of the deception by Melinda, I thought he had that guy hogtied as a ploy to get her to admit her conspiracy. But he was genuinely shocked by the betrayal.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I didn’t think Blockbuster wasn’t aware of the deception by Melinda, I thought he had that guy hogtied as a ploy to get her to admit her conspiracy. But he was genuinely shocked by the betrayal.
    The whole scene makes Melinda look really dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    The whole scene makes Melinda look really dumb.
    I mean who expected the victim to doublecross as she’s rescuing him
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Sucks for Superman though. I'm not expecting Taylor to do much with Maggie (or Turpin) either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    With out Dick’s history as a cop, Amy Rohrbach is just a name. Outside hires are often brought in as superintendents or commissioners. It also makes sense to bring in an outside hire when you know the police force is highly corrupt.
    Which Taylor brought up in this run.