Extraordinary Member

Default Batman: The Knight #7 Preview

Batman: The Knight #7 Preview
    Writer: Chip Zdarsky
    Artist: Carmine Di Giandomenico

Bruce and Zatanna is my favourite pairing! always like seeing them team up.

Batman the Knight doesn't miss

Aren't men the worst?

The Zatara's!

Also re-establishing that Giovanni was a friend of the family. I wonder if that means the Dini stuff is canon again.

Zee looks as fab as ever.

Did Zatanna know it was ginger ale when she took a sip?

Some family drama...Giovanni's acting washed up and apparently Zatanna didn't want to get into the family business at this point?

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Batman and Zatanna are such an odd couple, but I love them together. I pretty much enjoy Zee anytime she shows up (wish DC would give her another chance at a series.)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

This maxiseries is simply incredible. Even apart from Carmine's amazing art (seriously, I am so sad he's going to The Joker season 2 next, even though he'll make it look amazing, because I want him on Batman or Detective so badly), Zdarsky is able to make you love Bruce and the characters he meets along the way so well. Brilliant stuff, and I really hope that Zdarsky ties it into his main run. It would be so great to have that interplay!

This issue was particularly great in confronting young Bruce with magic and his care for Zatara and Zatanna. Really great to see how Bruce squares magic away as "just another thing I need to learn to fight" rather than it causing him to seek a whole new worldview - seems very Bruce.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

This was a great issue. Sometimes i forgot how much i love Zatanna and Bruce together because there are two sides of the same coin

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    This was a great issue. Sometimes i forgot how much i love Zatanna and Bruce together because there are two sides of the same coin
    I'm intrigued - I've never thought of Bruce and Zatanna as being that flipped. Do you mean sort of an opposites attract/their strengths and weaknesses compliment each other?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'm intrigued - I've never thought of Bruce and Zatanna as being that flipped. Do you mean sort of an opposites attract/their strengths and weaknesses compliment each other?
    That would be my own personal take on them.