Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Justice League vs. The Legion of Super-Heroes #4 Preview

Justice League vs. The Legion of Super-Heroes #4 Preview
    Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
    Artist: Scott Godlewski

Amazing Member

Mon-El is a treasure as usual. I don’t know if he was ever known for being amusing in the past, but I like his been there done that personality. Hopefully the next issue will dedicate the first page to someone new for the recap. There are so many characters on the team who haven’t had more than a panel to speak.

Cool to see Rose & Thorn show up again. I didn't think we'd see her in this mini. Also like that action shot with some of the Legion & JLA members with Bouncing Boy out front.

I'm kind of amazed this is still going on, I genuinely thought it had finished...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of amazed this is still going on, I genuinely thought it had finished...
    Well now you know better, don't you? Some of us are actually looking forward to this. You don't have to ALWAYS take a dump on it just because you don't like it. There are literally hundreds of other comics to read and talk about. You don't have to enjoy them all.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Well now you know better, don't you? Some of us are actually looking forward to this. You don't have to ALWAYS take a dump on it just because you don't like it. There are literally hundreds of other comics to read and talk about. You don't have to enjoy them all.
    I honestly wasn't trying to take a dump on it, it's just felt like this book was so out of the way of everything else that it slipped by me that it was still going on.

Wasn't it delayed? I'm sure this should've been over before Dark Crisis started.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I will say that the cover is very nice. The look of the three founders as they stand in present day Gotham is telling.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Also like that action shot with some of the Legion & JLA members with Bouncing Boy out front.
    Go get them Chuck! Nice to see Bendis give Bouncing Boy some front row.

Astonishing Member

Cool to see Rose & Thorn show up again. I didn't think we'd see her in this mini. Also like that action shot with some of the Legion & JLA members with Bouncing Boy out front.
    I'm a big fan of her 70s stories, but I don't see why Bendis made her immortal and connected her to the Legion. I'd rather read stories of her set in present time.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Has it been announced what else is Bendis doing at DC?

Naomi is about to end and this only has 3 more issues, but I haven't seen anything else coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

Naomi is about to end and this only has 3 more issues, but I haven't seen anything else coming out.
    He is working on the animated version of his Legion, but on the comics side, nothing has been announced. And there is only two more issues for this series. On reddit there is the rumour he is leaving DC comics, even if he still is clinging to the animated side. Considering than his Jinxworld series had been moved to Dark Horse and than he never reached to the architect role than DiDio promised him, it is pretty possible than this will be the last work on Bendis on DC in the printed side of thing. With some luck.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

wait why am I just finding out about this now?
    The J-man

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    He is working on the animated version of his Legion, but on the comics side, nothing has been announced. And there is only two more issues for this series. On reddit there is the rumour he is leaving DC comics, even if he still is clinging to the animated side. Considering than his Jinxworld series had been moved to Dark Horse and than he never reached to the architect role than DiDio promised him, it is pretty possible than this will be the last work on Bendis on DC in the printed side of thing. With some luck.
    man, I feel like Bendis landed with a thud and I really wanted to see him do amazing things with characters I never thought he would ever write.

at least we got Batman Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

He hasn't said anything specific recently but he has many times in the past said that his version of the Legion is NOT over. Not sure if that means this mini or a new ongoing at some point. My impression was that he meant a new ongoing after this mini but like I said he hasn't said anything recently.