Bumblebee

And include some of the younger women:

Star Spangled Kid
    Miss Martian
    Power Girl (Tanya)
    Shazam
    Wonder Girl
    Supergirl

I’m hopeless at making small League rosters.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I would really enjoy reading a super team that was all women:

Wonder Woman
    Fire
    Ice
    Ya’Wara
    Mera
    Vixen
    Doctor Light
    Element Woman
    Black Canary
    Onyx
    Hawkwoman
    Star Sapphire
    Rocket
    Power Girl (Karen)
    Bumblebee

And include some of the younger women:

Star Spangled Kid
    Miss Martian
    Power Girl (Tanya)
    Shazam
    Wonder Girl
    Supergirl

I’m hopeless at making small League rosters.
    That's a great list which is a nice mixture of older and newer female members.

And that's also considering the absence of Zatanna, Crimson Fox, Omen/Lilith, Huntress, and Gypsy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    I'm not familiar with this. Where was this from?

Wonder Woman
    Hawkwoman Shayera
    Fire
    Ice
    Red Canary

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I'm not familiar with this. Where was this from?
    WW #600 by Gail Simone and George Perez.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

like appearing every issue or in a rotating roster that will appear every couple to few issues depending on story? If it's every issue I would be down for a 10 member league, but few writers can actually handle that size of a cast. Anyway...

Wonder Woman
    Black Canary
    Hawkgirl
    Zatanna
    Vixen
    Dr. Light
    Fire
    Ice
    Faith
    Huntress
    ...oh, you said five....hm...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    WW #600 by Gail Simone and George Perez.
    Thanks. Looks like a great issue.

Astonishing Member

I think Wonder Woman, Black Canary, Zatanna, Vixen, Fire/Ice are basically JL staples and some combination of them should always be in the League.

My picks are four characters who've been regular members throughout the various incarnations of the League:

1. Black Canary (I like Wonder Woman well enough, but for me Canary is more intrinsic to the team than Diana is, especially never having been a subscriber to the "Big Seven" nonsense; if anything Canary should be leading the team)

2. Vixen (Great character who should've been made an A-lister long ago)

3. Fire (Fun personality and a forgotten espionage background that essentially makes her part Black Widow, part Human Torch)

4. Power Girl (prefer her in the League than on the JSA and like her better as a member than Supergirl)

And finally, a character who has never been a member of the team:

5. Nightshade (totally underused character with a powerset rarely seen on the team, save of Obsidian's brief and poorly-handled tenure; always my number one pick for a brand-new League membership)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    My picks are four characters who've been regular members throughout the various incarnations of the League:

1. Black Canary (I like Wonder Woman well enough, but for me Canary is more intrinsic to the team than Diana is, especially never having been a subscriber to the "Big Seven" nonsense; if anything Canary should be leading the team)

3. Fire (Fun personality and a forgotten espionage background that essentially makes her part Black Widow, part Human Torch)

4. Power Girl (prefer her in the League than on the JSA and like her better as a member than Supergirl)

5. Nightshade (totally underused character with a powerset rarely seen on the team, save of Obsidian's brief and poorly-handled tenure; always my number one pick for a brand-new League membership)
    I am not a big fan of Power Girl, but dayum, the rest of your choices are darn near perfect, and I agree 100% with your thoughts on Canary, Vixen and Nightshade, in particular.

As for Fire, I kinda wish they'd revisit her original Green Fury powerset, to breath out a mystical green flame that could be used to fly, create illusions, change her clothes or burn hot or cold. So, so much more original, IMO, than 'Human Torch, but green.'

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post

Nightshade really needs to be in the League!

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    Wonder Woman
    Vixen
    Black Canary
    Dr. Light (Kimiyo Hoshi)
    Skyrocket

This reminds me of the Girl Frenzy issues of Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I am not a big fan of Power Girl, but dayum, the rest of your choices are darn near perfect, and I agree 100% with your thoughts on Canary, Vixen and Nightshade, in particular.

As for Fire, I kinda wish they'd revisit her original Green Fury powerset, to breath out a mystical green flame that could be used to fly, create illusions, change her clothes or burn hot or cold. So, so much more original, IMO, than 'Human Torch, but green.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Nightshade really needs to be in the League!
    Thanks, you two! Nightshade is a definite fave and on any "dream League" list, it's always her, Vixen, Metamorpho, and Booster Gold taking up my top four spots. If Peacemaker can make his way out of limbo, there's always hope for Eve.

Yeah, I know PG isn't for everyone, but the Giffen-era League was my League and Power Girl was so much fun in the Justice League Europe series, I always want to see her back in the League.

And that's a cool point about the Green Fury powerset...she was just about a blank slate when she came to the League and I can see them "streamlining" her powers to partner her more naturally with Ice, but now that it's been a while it'd be cool to see her powers slowly morph to the older version. There's a good story in there.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    This reminds me of the Girl Frenzy issues of Wonder Woman

Can't read the signature but that has to be Phil Jimenez. His artwork was just spectacular on Wonder Woman (or anywhere else).

Astonishing Member

If the Justice League were a real team, Nightshade would be a member.

She's the number one stealth operative in the DCU, and has the right moral compass to be in the Justice League.

Unlike other stealth operatives the league has used (Catwoman, Batman, etc), Nightshade is also hard to kill, and can be used as a heavy hitter in emergency situations.