Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    My picks are four characters who've been regular members throughout the various incarnations of the League:

1. Black Canary (I like Wonder Woman well enough, but for me Canary is more intrinsic to the team than Diana is, especially never having been a subscriber to the "Big Seven" nonsense; if anything Canary should be leading the team)

2. Vixen (Great character who should've been made an A-lister long ago)

3. Fire (Fun personality and a forgotten espionage background that essentially makes her part Black Widow, part Human Torch)

4. Power Girl (prefer her in the League than on the JSA and like her better as a member than Supergirl)

And finally, a character who has never been a member of the team:

5. Nightshade (totally underused character with a powerset rarely seen on the team, save of Obsidian's brief and poorly-handled tenure; always my number one pick for a brand-new League membership)
    Nightshade is a really clever addition adding a LOT to the book both in terms of powers and strategy but also story possibilities given her past ties to Suicide Squad and the Sentinels of Magick. Bravo

Also, Empress provides similar strategic options as Nightshade with both using magicks of different sources
    Last edited by Stanlos; 08-26-2022 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Thanks, you two! Nightshade is a definite fave and on any "dream League" list, it's always her, Vixen, Metamorpho, and Booster Gold taking up my top four spots. If Peacemaker can make his way out of limbo, there's always hope for Eve.

Yeah, I know PG isn't for everyone, but the Giffen-era League was my League and Power Girl was so much fun in the Justice League Europe series, I always want to see her back in the League.

And that's a cool point about the Green Fury powerset...she was just about a blank slate when she came to the League and I can see them "streamlining" her powers to partner her more naturally with Ice, but now that it's been a while it'd be cool to see her powers slowly morph to the older version. There's a good story in there.
    Well to be fair she's not JUST Human Torch but green. Her powers don't (always) seem subject conventional physics and chemistry like his/its did. Hers had unconventional properties making her flames hard to put out but that she willed it. Of course then you have writers that reduced her to a gimmick like they did with Dr Light and ignored that strength. Taken seriously she actually hellapowerful in her flame form

Based on how they would contribute to the team (hell, I'm fine with an all female League as well):

1-Wonder Woman/Diana: Diplomat, Leader and the inspiration figure whom everyone rally's around.

2-Zatanna Zatara: Magician/Sorcerer who specializes in all things magic.

3-Black Canary: The Detective + Martial Artists expert. The OG BC was primarily a detective and I would love to see this expanded on more.*

4-Vixen/Marie Jiwe MCCabe: Powerhouse plus with her wealth and career as a model she would also have connections that others lack.

5-Hawkwoman/Shayera Hol: Warrior woman. But I would also bring back some of the old gadgeteer aspects of her character.

Bonus addition: Dr Light/Kimiyo Hoshi as the team's resident powerhouse and scientist.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Can't read the signature but that has to be Phil Jimenez. His artwork was just spectacular on Wonder Woman (or anywhere else).
    It's definitely Phil Jimenez. Can confirm.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Wonder Woman (duh)
    Hawkwoman
    Black Canary
    Zatanna
    Starfire

Vixen
    Dr. Light
    Wonder Woman
    Hawkgirl
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Wonder Woman

Black Canary

Vixen

Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman

Zatanna

Wonder Woman
    Hawkwoman
    Dr Light
    Fire
    Jessica Cruz
    Last edited by Samm; 09-06-2022 at 11:14 AM.

All-New Member

Linda park
    Wonder woman
    Ice
    Fire
    Zatanna

Hawkgirl
    Hawkwoman
    Wonder Woman
    Wonder Girl
    Troia
    Black Canary

Extraordinary Member

Vixen has proved to be quite popular in the voting.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Vixen has proved to be quite popular in the voting.
    Vixen's my favorite non-Satellite-era League member, so that's cool.

My # 1 choice is obviously Wonder Woman, not just because she is my favorite female superhero, but because a Justice League lineup without her feels wrong, period. Now, beyond the amazing amazon, there are 4 other female characters that should always be in a JL roster IMO (although let's be honest, the powers that be would never have 5 women in a JL lineup at the same time unless it was a mega event that required to have a huge amount of JL members congregating or an elseworlds book in which the "gimmick" was an all-female JL):

• Mari McCabe/Vixen

• Kimiyo Hochi/Dr. Light

• Zatanna Zatara/Zatanna

• Beatriz Dacosta/Fire
    Last edited by HestiasHearth; 03-06-2024 at 05:13 AM.

All-New Member

Wonder Woman
    Black Canary
    Zatanna
    Vixen
    Mera

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    (From 07-15-2022)
    - Wonder Woman
    - Black Canary
    - Supergirl
    - Zatanna
    - Vixen
    Hmm - I change my mind. Swap out Supergirl for Hawkwoman. So:
    - Wonder Woman
    - Black Canary
    - Hawkwoman
    - Zatanna
    - Vixen

looks like I'm with the majority on this one...

-Diana
    -Dinah
    -Zee
    -Kendra or Shayera
    -Mari

6th spot/honorable mention for Dr. Hoshi, I always enjoy her presence on the team as well