Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Why doesnt Batham put Red Hood into Blackgate (or Arkham)?

Red Hood is a Mass Murderer, and Batman not reacting to it as he should makes him a corrupt accomplice to mass murder.
    If Gordon woud start killing people en masse, would Batman also be as generous? I think not!
    Robin II was already shown a murderer before his "Death in the family".
    Batmans weakness feelings toward his "little boys" is suspicious and unexplainable so far.

1. Batman feels bad about him dying. That’s what it’s always about, Bruce feels like he failed him and him coming back killing people is a part he feels responsible for.

2. You can’t wear a mask in prison. Batman’s likely worried his secret would get out, because you arrest Red Hood you will find out he’s Jason Todd the believed dead ward of Bruce Wayne. That gets people looking at Bruce Wayne and asks a lot of uncomfortable questions.

3. Crisis Shenanigans. At this point in time it’s actually really hard to say what Jason has done. Pre-Flashpoint you could definitely point at Jason and say he’s done wrong, but post-Flashpoint and Rebirth that has been toned down to be more in line with the Bat-family, with the occasional murder here and there that gets him into arguments. So the current Jason is less bloodthirsty and more occasional crosses a line in a fit of anger. In fact Jason Todd right now doesn’t even use guns, he had a bad situation of his own making that he felt guilt over and gave them up.

4. Fan Favorite. A lot of people, myself included, like Jason Todd. So they aren’t going to get rid of him by throwing him in jail. They’re going to send him on adventures that his fan base will read
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

They did
    He escaped
    Then the reboot happened and who knows which part happened or not

Thank you!
    1), 2) and 4) were clear to me, but the crisis thingie I didnt see. All them crisis give me crisis. Each time one thinks it is half and half an acceptable universe, DC goes and topples everything again.

Because all Jason needs is a hug.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Letting the hating on Jason aside, do people realise that Arkham is for crazy people or...?
    Last edited by Zaresh; 07-16-2022 at 12:11 PM.

Extraordinary Member

You could also ask why he hasn't put Selina, Damian, Green Arrow or Katana into Blackgate...

I'm not sure how it will turn out in the end, but at least at the beginning of Task Force Z was at least offered the Suicide Squad type deal.

Astonishing Member

I think Dick already did years ago and he just escaped like everyone else does. No real point.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    I think Dick already did years ago and he just escaped like everyone else does. No real point.
    That pre-Flashpoint. And that whole arc is questionable to whether it happened anymore.

Why doesn't every Marvel hero consider The Punisher their top priority?

Jason is his son. His favorite son, in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Letting the hating on Jason aside, do people realise that Arkham is for crazy people or...?
    That was my point. Jason clearly suffers from traumatic mental issues, since he was killed by Joker and "buried alive". So Jeremiah Arkham should decide which institution would be best for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    You could also ask why he hasn't put Selina, Damian, Green Arrow or Katana into Blackgate...
    Of course, though Selina doesnt kill. Damian beheaded the Spook and Batman commits a crime by letting his son run free! I dont know the others good enough.
    But it is also a shame that Batman gave Guns to Azrael for wiping out the Order of St. Dumas.
    Hell, didnt he also substitute Bane once, after Bane wiped out the building housing computers that stored his criminal record and was scot free?
    Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Batman catches again everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Why doesn't every Marvel hero consider The Punisher their top priority?
    Thats clearly a riddle. Here we are showed that Marvel heroes clearly view criminals as subhumans, not worth of live. Or else they would hunt down the Punisher.
    Another question is why superheroes dont stand up or fight against the Death Penalty.
    Last edited by The Nice Centurion; 07-16-2022 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Because all Jason needs is a hug.
    Indeed. Truly, the feels (T^T)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Nice Centurion View Post
    Of course, though Selina doesnt kill. Damian beheaded the Spook and Batman commits a crime by letting his son run free!
    Selina killed Balck Mask pre Flashpoint, and Damian killed also for example Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nice Centurion View Post
    That was my point. Jason clearly suffers from traumatic mental issues, since he was killed by Joker and "buried alive". So Jeremiah Arkham should decide which institution would be best for him.
    Ok. I'm going to pretend this is not superhero comics and that world works a bit like ours.

I don't know about your place (law is really different from place to place), but I don't think you put traumatized people who commited a crime in a spychiatric which has proved that it's a nest for psychopaths who commited absolute severe crimes who most times than not rule said place. A place where not even its doctors are sane, clean or innocent to begin with.
    He should go to Blackgate and be treated by a therapist there, if anything. Or be put in a safe place, if he really can't go to Blackgate because the place would only worsen his mental health (but then Blackgate isn't a safe place at all either. Heck, I would send him out of Gotham and far away). At least, I think it should go like that in many places.

Also, Jason didn't killed people (murderers, but it really isn't a point here. It's murdering anyways) because trauma. He didn't kill them in a disociative state where he didn't know what he was doing, and it wasn't either because of a trigger or any other episode related to traumatic events. At least, not when he killed any of those guys you have in mind. He killed them because he believed he was doing something that should be done or to achieve an effect in other people (exemplary violence. He also has killed in self-defense most likely like not. But the DCU works too diferent from ours and that would most probably be out of the point). Then, we either really don't know what happened with Garzonas, how he died in detail, or if Jason did kill him with intent or not.

Must also point out, that people who beat other people to a pulp (or torture or lock up), like Batman and many other vigilantes do, is also neither mentally sane nor exactly law abiding. Or at least, I would say it isn't.

And Batman doesn't put him in Blackgate either because Jason is a vigilante, like others, and Batman doesn't go his way to put them anywhere. Neither he goes after any other hero who kills or has killed. If Jason was responsible of it.

Also, DC wants Jason free and a main character or a main support character in the main line of stories. He has many fans who want to read about him and it wouldn't be possible if he's stuck in a place like Arkham for years. But that's kind of out of the point of your question, I guess.

And Jason doesn't go killing people as much as you probably think he does since long go. But again, killing is still killing in your approach for your question, so it shouldn't make a difference if he kills many or few, before or currently.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 07-16-2022 at 10:40 PM.