Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I mean he absolutely should try to imprison him, he is a murderer. But it's comics...it's a bit like the why doesn't Jason kill the Joker question? And the answer is that Jason/Joker are very popular characters.

It does make Batman's no kill policy look weak though, I'd prefer it if Jason was an antihero and not a regular member of the family.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    I mean he absolutely should try to imprison him, he is a murderer. But it's comics...it's a bit like the why doesn't Jason kill the Joker question? And the answer is that Jason/Joker are very popular characters.

It does make Batman's no kill policy look weak though, I'd prefer it if Jason was an antihero and not a regular member of the family.
    And Damian, Talia, Katana, Wonder Woman, Aquaman...

Extraordinary Member

That’s his son

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Nice Centurion View Post
    Red Hood is a Mass Murderer, and Batman not reacting to it as he should makes him a corrupt accomplice to mass murder.
    If Gordon woud start killing people en masse, would Batman also be as generous? I think not!
    Robin II was already shown a murderer before his "Death in the family".
    Batmans weakness feelings toward his "little boys" is suspicious and unexplainable so far.
    im just going to put it like this Jason murder over an 100 people while at blackgate its better to leave him out in the world where he has to study his oppent before he murder them.
    as for 3 why hasnt the hero community come out and put him in jail. superman told his bestfriend red hood was a good kid while jason was slaughtering hundreds of ninjas not to mention olllie just dogged out bruce as jason kidnapped mia both heroes could have put jason in jail yet they turn their head like nothing was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Jason is his son. His favorite son, in fact.
    Jason has been there done that!
    I remember that soon after his return he nearly murdered Joker, but was hindered somehow.
    And in the Three Jokers storyline he murdered one or two Jokers.
    It doesnt only make Batmans policy look weak, it destroys the credibility of him and the whole Batfamily.
    And they not only abstain from turning the murderer in, they accept him as member and work with him.
    If, in Blackgate, he murders inmates than he should be put into Arkham and threatened like Mr. Zsazs!

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

If we're to take into account all the publication history of the characters, then Bruce should turn himself in first since he has been killed many times in the past and breaks the law every day. So, he can't judge Jason's actions in any way, shape, or form. Jason did get locked in multiple places after his resurrection in UtRH and as matter of fact, his last story pre-N52 had him escape from prison before riding into the sunset with Scarlet in tow.

From the N52 onwards, Jason rarely kills, and when he does it tend to be terrorists or war criminals and almost always outside of Gotham so there's no reason for Bruce to arrest him since he only cares about what happens in Gotham. Furthermore, Jason does keep his promise to not use lethal force within Gotham for the most part, allowing him to work with the BatFamily in a regular basis.

simple answer: he doesn't want to because he cares for Jason. on top of that, he'd escape and realistically Jason (like most of the Bat protégés) could be a dangerous enemy if antagonized.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I feel like Hood would get snatched up by Waller before he even made it to either.

I see a lot of post bring up how others have killed, but Jason hunted people. He didn't kill someone while being targeted and tormented by them for instance, he methodically planned to kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I see a lot of post bring up how others have killed, but Jason hunted people. He didn't kill someone while being targeted and tormented by them for instance, he methodically planned to kill people.
    Katana did the same with the Yakuza. Damian with a bunch of one offs. And I'm sure there's plenty of others too.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

And he went to prison for that in the preflashpoint continuity.

N52 Jason hasn't done that and he's the one that teams up with the batfamily.

Because someone from the editorial really likes the character.

Extraordinary Member

Damian did that with Spook.

Katana was iirc orignally hunting down the killers of her family, and the souls of her victims are trapped in her sword.

In the late 80s/early 90s when Green Arrow teamed up with Shado, they were also iirc also killing the criminals they were after.

He went also never really after Ragman (I think they might have even teamed up at some point), who operates also in Gotham, and who also steals the soul of his victims.
    Last edited by Aahz; 07-18-2022 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Because all Jason needs is a hug.
    At the end of JOKER WAR Batman officially let the mass murderer Clownhunter roam free.

His alleged reason also is poor:"Clownhunters neighbors would presumably bear no witness against him, so the monster would go free anyway ???
    Excuse me - The worlds greatest Detective cannot pin a mass murder on the teen who did it ???
    Excuse me - Batman just found and disabled all his murder weapons. Is that no evidence ???
    Excuse me - Just assuming that ALL his neighborhood would bear false witness for Clownhunter ???
    Excuse Me - Would not some of Jokers apprehended Clowns gladly bear witness ???
    Excuse me - The worlds greatest manhunter could have simply digitally stored his talk/confession of Clownhunter! No handy for that in that Bat-Belt ???
    Excuse me - What ist it with Batman and young boys?Sexual abnormity ???
    Excuse me - Batman is that naive, he thrusts Clownhunter to just give up killing? Even the murderer finds that laughable the instant Batman left !!!
    Excuse me - It is impossible that Batman couldnt get him convicted - But even If; The murderer is a Bat-fan! Batman could try to just talk/force/threaten him to turn himself in !!!

Every lifeblood that murderous brat spills from now on will be on Batmans gloved hands !!!
    And no "Dont kill policy" to excuse Batman this time!
    Last edited by The Nice Centurion; 07-21-2022 at 06:41 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Nice Centurion View Post
    At the end of JOKER WAR Batman officially let the mass murderer Clownhunter roam free.

His alleged reason also is poor:"Clownhunters neighbors would presumably bear no witness against him, so the monster would go free anyway ???
    Excuse me - The worlds greatest Detective cannot pin a mass murder on the teen who did it ???
    Excuse me - Batman just found and disabled all his murder weapons. Is that no evidence ???
    Excuse me - Just assuming that ALL his neighborhood would bear false witness for Clownhunter ???
    Excuse Me - Would not some of Jokers apprehended Clowns gladly bear witness ???
    Excuse me - The worlds greatest manhunter could have simply digitally stored his talk/confession of Clownhunter! No handy for that in that Bat-Belt ???
    Excuse me - What ist it with Batman and young boys?Sexual abnormity ???
    Excuse me - Batman is that naive, he thrusts Clownhunter to just give up killing? Even the murderer finds that laughable the instant Batman left !!!
    Excuse me - It is impossible that Batman couldnt get him convicted - But even If; The murderer is a Bat-fan! Batman could try to just talk/force/threaten him to turn himself in !!!

Every lifeblood that murderous brat spills from now on will be on Batmans gloved hands !!!
    And no "Dont kill policy" to excuse Batman this time!
    if you think bao would have gotten time in prison for killing all those murderous animals who wanted to kill citizens and cops alike you wrong, they would have done a dog and pony show and than acquitted him.