View Poll Results: Should Kamala Khan be retconned I to being a Mutant?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 35.96%
  • No

57 64.04%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I don't really have a strong opinion about this whole thing but this is just silly.
    You summed up my thoughts. Kamala will be fine regardless. And I don’t really have a strong opinion about it one way or the other. If it’s true, well, I suppose it’s “Welcome to the X-men, Kamala Khan. Hope you survive the experience!”
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Rmemeber when there were like 6 or more inhumans books out because they were trying to push them over xmen? I am not a petty person at all, but that whole era really brought out a new side in me. Xmen won that war.

I always said “just keep crystal, khanala, and lockjaw with the xmen, the rest I don’t care about.”
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Rmemeber when there were like 6 or more inhumans books out because they were trying to push them over xmen? I am not a petty person at all, but that whole era really brought out a new side in me. Xmen won that war.

I always said “just keep crystal, khanala, and lockjaw with the xmen, the rest I don’t care about.”
    I sometimes still shake my head in disbelief thinking about the BIG guns they deployed to turn the Inhumans into a success in the comics (Joe Madureira, Steve McNiven, Stefano Caselli, Ryan Stegman) only for it to still fail miserably.

I still enjoyed most of Charles Soule's run, I think he did a very good job at fleshing out Inhuman society and the characters, but ultimately you can't really manufacture success if the property does not resonate with readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I sometimes still shake my head in disbelief thinking about the BIG guns they deployed to turn the Inhumans into a success in the comics (Joe Madureira, Steve McNiven, Stefano Caselli, Ryan Stegman) only for it to still fail miserably.

I still enjoyed most of Charles Soule's run, I think he did a very good job at fleshing out Inhuman society and the characters, but ultimately you can't really manufacture success if the property does not resonate with readers.
    They even had Hellion like them. They knew that Hellion's approval is important to fans, so they tried to milk it. If they didn't poison Hellion in the first place, maybe it would have worked and fans would have loved them.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

The project was always doomed to fail because they went out of their way to alienate X-Men readers,. meaning the books would automatically be a turn-off to a massive chunk of Marvel's readership. If they didn't had the.whole toxic cloud,. Hitler-Cyke non-sense,.it would have an easier time selling,.but Breevort's convinced that.angry readers means sales, which in the long run is just false.

Astonishing Member

Most audiences do not like to be told who to like. Instead it tends to cause a heavy feeling of rejection. Infact it can be argued this feeling of instant rejection is getting stronger the longer a franchise exist, since it means people allready picked their favorits and become more closed of to alternatives or derivatives.

Hence why it takes effort, time and the right people who can create hype, to convince an audience to expand what they like to new figures, settings or stories.

And yet entertainment companies and creators alike have often enough attempted to skip this process and instead resort to the "this is your new favorit thing!" tactic, which has seldomly if ever actualy produced the desired the result.

In the end, everyone just came out worse from the Inhumans up, X-men down era.

The X-men continued a downward spiral of status quos, which produced stories barely worthwhile to be adapted (at least not without heavy alteration) and kept them divorced from their pop culture image.

The Inhumans were pushed into a spotlight and role they were entirely unsuited for and then rejected by both the comic audience and the larger fanbase.

Finaly Marvel Comics itself showcased that their leadership is willing to throw some of the most well known and popular characters and their teams under the bus and push others into spotlight they are entirely unsuited for, simply because of the larger success of the movies

In the process reinforcing the notion that the comics are no longer trend setters but desperate trend chasers, when it comes to influencing the popular image of the very franchises based on them, simply because the leadership in the past has driven them into a barely noticed niche existence.
    Last edited by Grunty; 06-11-2023 at 11:03 AM.

I don't really have a strong opinion about this whole thing but this is just silly. Kamala Khan is a MCU property. Movies, shows, games, comics, merchandise. She has it all. Comparing her to a comic book gimmick or X- franchise cannon fodder is insane.
    Which honestly just makes it more apparent she doesn't need to be part of the X-Side.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which honestly just makes it more apparent she doesn't need to be part of the X-Side.
    I wonder if they'll keep her out of the X-books even if she is a mutant. Wanda and Pietro probably weren't handled by the X-office for a while before they decided they weren't mutants any longer. Maybe they keep Kamala under whatever office she is currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post

There were never 6 Inhumans books around at the same time
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I wonder if they'll keep her out of the X-books even if she is a mutant. Wanda and Pietro probably weren't handled by the X-office for a while before they decided they weren't mutants any longer. Maybe they keep Kamala under whatever office she is currently.
    I mean Ms Marvel has always been it's own thing again just like in the MCU. Inhumans, Avengers, Champions, X-Men, Captain Marvel. All those things might have a relation to her more or less but they don't solely dictate anything. She is her own standalone brand which again makes me baffled at some of the concerns people display.
    There are valid concerns about this whole thing but that most definitely isn't one of them.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Astonishing Member

I still cannot for the life of me comprehend why editorial scrapped Fraction’s plan for the inhumans to tap into Game of Thrones zeitgeist (at the height of its popularity) in favour of being sent out to die against the X-Men.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I still cannot for the life of me comprehend why editorial scrapped Fraction’s plan for the inhumans to tap into Game of Thrones zeitgeist (at the height of its popularity) in favour of being sent out to die against the X-Men.
    I think that could have been extremely interesting and fitting for the Inhumans. But I can see that if Marvel wanted to evoke the X-Men's tone, settings and type of storytelling, having a Game of Thrones kind of approach, while not necessarily mutually exclusive, would have made that more challenging.

But Matt Fraction can be a fantastic writer, I'm sure he would have shined on the Inhumans.

I mean Ms Marvel has always been it's own thing again just like in the MCU. Inhumans, Avengers, Champions, X-Men, Captain Marvel. All those things might have a relation to her more or less but they don't solely dictate anything. She is her own standalone brand which again makes me baffled at some of the concerns people display.
    There are valid concerns about this whole thing but that most definitely isn't one of them.
    I guess just because I'm worried editorial won't be able to help themselves (which we've already seen to a certain extent).