View Poll Results: Should Kamala Khan be retconned I to being a Mutant?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 35.96%
  • No

57 64.04%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    *therapist voice* And is this elephant in the room with us right now?

(Sorry. Couldn't resist).
    LOL I'm glad you're here, Bobby'sWorld. You make everything more fun.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

make scarlet witch and quicksilver mutants again instead
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

No, she can still interact and even be in the X-men without it. There's no need to change just because the movies did something different, haven't we learned that lesson with Nick Fury Jr?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    No, she can still interact and even be in the X-men without it. There's no need to change just because the movies did something different, haven't we learned that lesson with Nick Fury Jr?
    Or Phil Coulson?

BANNED

I'd like her to be because I like the character and she always should have been a mutant. However, it is a really similar situation to Franklin Richards' in that there is no real character reason for her to be mutant. People just want it just because. I just want it just because.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I'd like her to be because I like the character and she always should have been a mutant. However, it is a really similar situation to Franklin Richards' in that there is no real character reason for her to be mutant. People just want it just because. I just want it just because.
    Franklin Richards being a mutant wasn't "because"- it gave him a connection of his own outside the F4, potential for conflict because arguably the world's most powerful mutant was unafiliated with Krakoa, and added as a natural bridge for the X-men and F4. Him not being a mutant removes all that and adds nothing.

I feel like Kamala's become such a standalone and independent character whatever the nature of her powers that there wouldn't be a point unless you want her more associated with the X-Men.

But I'm not even sure making her a Mutant would really do that because being an Inhuman didn't impact her much and she feels more like an Avengers character anyways.

And...like, don't we have enough X-Teens who still need their own spotlight?

i don't mind her being a mutant but think it would have been cooler to have a mutant hint / reveal in a big MCU movie rather than the end of this show. also seems like it was just a random choice the creator and Iman hoped would make it in and kevin feige was just like "sure" lol. thought the first mutant in the mcu would be more epic. i don't think we'll be getting a redo of x-men with the original 5 so that's kinda a bummer. would have liked to see jean/cyclops/beast/angel/iceman be the first group of kids and go from there.

If other characters have to suffer embarrassingly clumsy retcons to their origins because of the MCU I don't see why Kamala should be exempt.

But honestly, Kamala seems like she fits in more with the world of the X-Men than the Inhumans Royal Family. She had a lot more chemistry teaming up with Wolverine than she did with Medusa.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Kamala's become such a standalone and independent character whatever the nature of her powers that there wouldn't be a point unless you want her more associated with the X-Men.

But I'm not even sure making her a Mutant would really do that because being an Inhuman didn't impact her much and she feels more like an Avengers character anyways.

And...like, don't we have enough X-Teens who still need their own spotlight?
    No. All shall be claimed for the glory of the X-gene!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

I do like Kamala Khan as a Character, but I’m not a Fan.

Although, I welcome her to being a Mutant. I mean she supposed to be one in the first place anyway, so hey why not.
    I don’t see the problem with it.

Spectacular Member

I prefer comic Kamala remain an Inhuman. She's the most important Inhuman to the general audience and their biggest character at the moment. I also love her friendships with Scott and Gwen.

As long as she's not shoehorned in X-Men films instead of actual X-Men characters I don't care.

No.

Most things don't pan out as they were originally intended. And there are many times outside influences. Doesn't mean everything has to be retconned at any chance we get.

Being an Inhuman is part of Kamala Khan's character.

As for Pietro and Wanda situation, I don't like "tit for tat" mentality.

Astonishing Member

Honestly? I wouldn't mind it. But then again I have no emotional attachment to Kamala so I'm biased. But if that's what the original created intended why not. It's not like suddenly making her a mutant is gonna erase of the stories and supporting characters she has.

I do find it funny how she was originally supposed to be a mutant tho lol like damn the beef between Marvel and Fox really had Marvel comics acting coo coo while trying to ruin THE X-MEN.

I do kind of find it ironic though because I think if Kamala Khan have been introduced as a mutant with ties to the X-Men I don't think she would be nearly as popular as she is today. I think we all know how fickle the X-Men fan base to be especially when it comes to new characters. Kamala Khan gaining popularity in a smaller fan base probably gave her the edge she needed to become well one of the most popular Inhuman characters as opposed to the Xoffice just sticking her onto a New Mutants/Academy X title so she could slowly fade into the background with so many other younger mutants.