Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Agreed. He's also apparently been asking fans on his facebook page questions about the current era and status quo, so it does seem like he intends to play into things or at least put his own spin on them, and that's more interesting to me than another nostalgia title or AU. If that was all he wanted to do, they could easily fold whatever story he told into the X-Men Legends title and just hype up him as the new writer or guest writer.
    Same here, definitely hope it's in continuity. If for nothing else whoever he writing i know i'll get a long exposition on exactly how they feel about their surroundings and the changes and what that means to them and how they feel and i'm all here for it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm here for a new Chris Claremont book, set in present continuity as opposed to the past/alternate reality. That said... "X-Treme X-MenČ" sounds like a terrible title. And Marvel has the tendency to pair Chris with newcomer/very average artists so I hope this new project is the exception to that.

If this title is set in the current continuity, it's fun to think of the potential roster. Hmm lets see who was a member of X-Treme that isn't currently in a book.

Rogue
    Lifeguard
    Slipstream
    Neal Shaara

I doubt CC will be able to get his hands on Storm, but I could totally see him stealing away Gambit for X-Treme. Bishop is unlikely I think as well as Betsy. Sage... Percy might be willing to let her go? Not sure.

But there is a fair list of underutilized characters that Claremont might bring on board if needed (e.g Wicked).

But who knows, it's CC and the team might not resemble the original at all.

BANNED

If it's yet another thing set in the past, I say don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Agreed. He's also apparently been asking fans on his facebook page questions about the current era and status quo, so it does seem like he intends to play into things or at least put his own spin on them, and that's more interesting to me than another nostalgia title or AU.
    I know editorial on the X-side leaves a lot to be desired(it's shit), but is it so bad to the point that he is having to resort to asking fans for this information? Makes me feel like this book won't have a lot of support. I'm buying anyway though. No one does x characterization like Claremont.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

What happened to X-Men Legends?
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I know editorial on the X-side leaves a lot to be desired(it's shit), but is it so bad to the point that he is having to resort to asking fans for this information? Makes me feel like this book won't have a lot of support.
    Not for the first or last time, I struggle to understand what exactly an editor at Marvel does these days.

Fantastic Member

I assume he will given characters that he can play with not affected by Krakoa, Gambit and Rogue are my prediction and as a followup to Gambit series.

WOW ... I'm not sure what to think about this. I LOVED the OG X-Treme X-Men, but CC's more recent works have been a bit unimaginative and disappointing.

The notion of him working within the vicinity of Krakoa and having to potentially coordinate with other writers is mindboggling though. I thought he was totally against both?

That all said, he always treated Gambit and Rogue pretty well in his stories. If he can rescue them from their present wasted existence and bring me joy around X-books again, then bring it on!

I just hope he actually will read up enough around the recent continuity so it's not totally out of context.

Super curious who makes this team. We know who it isn't ... the new X-Men team is probably off limits for sure.

Do you think this will center on Destiny's new prophecies?

Come on, Ziggy Karst. Let's finish that story of hers.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Same here, definitely hope it's in continuity. If for nothing else whoever he writing i know i'll get a long exposition on exactly how they feel about their surroundings and the changes and what that means to them and how they feel and i'm all here for it.
    Hear, hear. My first thought when I heard this news was "mmmm exposition." Especially as it relates to the current Krakoan era? Bring it on.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    WOW ... I'm not sure what to think about this. I LOVED the OG X-Treme X-Men, but CC's more recent works have been a bit unimaginative and disappointing.

The notion of him working within the vicinity of Krakoa and having to potentially coordinate with other writers is mindboggling though. I thought he was totally against both?

That all said, he always treated Gambit and Rogue pretty well in his stories. If he can rescue them from their present wasted existence and bring me joy around X-books again, then bring it on!

I just hope he actually will read up enough around the recent continuity so it's not totally out of context.

Super curious who makes this team. We know who it isn't ... the new X-Men team is probably off limits for sure.

Do you think this will center on Destiny's new prophecies?
    I was thinking something similar because there's obviously current cues that Rogue and Destiny will be connected in some fashion soon, and I'm not sure if there's enough room for that to play out in Immortal. I also think he could write something as kind of an off-shoot to Krakoa so it doesn't have to be directly connected so he can play around. I like the possibilities.

And I like that he's asking the fans. Not only is he receiving information, he's receiving information that's important to the fans.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

yup posted on my twitter last night..

chris just turned in issue 2 of this series..

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What happened to X-Men Legends?
    It still going they rebooted it for later this year I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Hear, hear. My first thought when I heard this news was "mmmm exposition." Especially as it relates to the current Krakoan era? Bring it on.

I was thinking something similar because there's obviously current cues that Rogue and Destiny will be connected in some fashion soon, and I'm not sure if there's enough room for that to play out in Immortal. I also think he could write something as kind of an off-shoot to Krakoa so it doesn't have to be directly connected so he can play around. I like the possibilities.

And I like that he's asking the fans. Not only is he receiving information, he's receiving information that's important to the fans.
    Yeah I have to agree with this. I felt Rogue and Destiny would naturally go to Immortal, but there's to many big personalities and plots for anything worthwhile to develop there. It CC get Gambit ill be stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    yup posted on my twitter last night..

chris just turned in issue 2 of this series..
    Tell us more, friend, and what's your twitter?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!