Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    All-New Member

Gambit is most likely guaranteed for Extreme X-Men.

All-New Member

Actually, maybe it's Sage that's guaranteed for Claremont run.

Quote Originally Posted by theother View Post
    Gambit is most likely guaranteed for Extreme X-Men.
    Gambit and his X-Treme abs as the lead protagonists.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Spectacular Member

I know he's been asking fans about the current era's status quot and asking for reading order and such, but I really don't see him writing something for current krakoa. Writing for the current era would mean he would have to collaborate with the x-team and be part of their slack or whatever group stuff, but he has been very vocally NEGATIVE about the current era of writers so...

yeah im having a hard time seeing it

I'll be honest if its not written in the current Krakoan continuity I'll be super bummed out.

Great news. I have been recently been re-reading some of Claremont's X-Men stuff and I don't mind Claremont on a new X-Book at all.

Personally, I want it to have as little to do with Krakoa and the Krakoa era as possible.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

I enjoyed X-Treme X-Men quite a bit. Just reading Excalibur at the moment and also like it.

I hope Claremont will receive a great artist this time. I feel like his more recent work is often undercut by very mediocre art.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    If this title is set in the current continuity, it's fun to think of the potential roster. Hmm lets see who was a member of X-Treme that isn't currently in a book.

Rogue
    Lifeguard
    Slipstream
    Neal Shaara

I doubt CC will be able to get his hands on Storm, but I could totally see him stealing away Gambit for X-Treme. Bishop is unlikely I think as well as Betsy. Sage... Percy might be willing to let her go? Not sure.

But there is a fair list of underutilized characters that Claremont might bring on board if needed (e.g Wicked).

But who knows, it's CC and the team might not resemble the original at all.
    If Wicked appears you got to have her buddy, Freakshow, also!

Mighty Member

I loved his original run and X-treme, but I don’t think he’s where he used to be in terms of pulling off plots and threads like he used to be. I’d be down for an interesting take on in this current era, but don’t know if he could really pull it off. He’s been given several chances after his initial run and they just never seemed to land. It’s a shame because I feel he was the one writer that good long plot and set so much stuff up and not lose focus of current arcs. He was always seeding for the future in an interlude.

Spectacular Member

he's a great writer but is too set in his ways and HIS idea of what the x-men world SHOULD look like. i don't think he is the type of adjust to what the current era is like and to properly and cohesively contribute to it and help build it up. The current team of writers has constantly been saying how they all have this "additive" mindset where they all have their own stories that help harmoniously build and add to the current ecosystem. I don't think that's what Claremont would be like sadly

What's funny is, that's actually what he was doing in the first Xt-treme volume. He acknowledged a lot of Morrison's stuff. I don't think he will deny Krakoa but he will probably be doing his own thing on the side. Marauders would have been a great fit actually.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I would be quite okay of they take another shot at Neal and Lifeguard.

Added with Rogue and Gambit then I'll cry happy tears.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Gambit and his X-Treme abs as the lead protagonists.
    I can definitely see Claremont taking over the reins of Excalibur/KoX (rebranding as XXM) and adding Rogue to the line-up.
    Otherworld is still tied to the current Krakoa era but as with his and Davis' Excalibur, can be written entirely in its own context separate from Krakoa and Arakko. There are more than enough Realms and Peoples and Villains and Heroes and story possibilities to explore to rival that initial run for numbers. And it definitely speaks to his strengths as a classic and trained writer.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

The original X-treme book was not received well. I would prefer to see him on a new Uncanny.

Hmm, can’t say I’m a fan of any of his recent work, but X-treme hits that nostalgia nerve.
    I guess this could be the place Rogue and Gambit go to. I’d add Polaris too.