Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Rumor: Giancarlo Esposito as Prof. X

Perhaps rumor is too strong and maybe wild speculation would be a better term. However I’ve heard/seen some talk about this online. Not from any credible outlets to be clear so there could be nothing to it but the idea got me excited about the possibility.

Do people think he would be a good choice?

Personally I think Marvel would be lucky to get him and his acting skills are not in question. I guess the only issue is how much controversy it would cause. However I think an actor of his caliber would be worth it.

Works for me. Stewart is way too old to do it apart from the Dr. Strange cameo and it's probably best to start fresh even though McAvoy was pretty decent.

Seems Giancarlo is in almost everything these days, makes sense he'd eventually show up in the MCU.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

He could be a good choice to be a different Xavier we had before- not just because he's black, but because he's very good at playing cold, Machiavellian characters, and we'd have a Xavier closer to what he's been portrayed in the last decades or so.

That said, it's best to ignore speculations and rumors about casting, since that has both fanboys trying lucky guesses and actors and agents pushing themselves or their clients to get them.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I would honestly rather see him as Magneto

I think he would be a solid choice. As stated above Patrick S is too old. And I would rather McAvoy not be in it. Set it up as their own thing rather then piggy back on other movies that wernt very good to begin with.

Though I think he would make a better Magneto just as the kind of actor he is.

Just kind of dread the "Woke" screams we would get.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I think he would be a solid choice. As stated above Patrick S is too old. And I would rather McAvoy not be in it. Set it up as their own thing rather then piggy back on other movies that wernt very good to begin with.

Though I think he would make a better Magneto just as the kind of actor he is.

Just kind of dread the "Woke" screams we would get.
    Agree with seeing him as Magneto.

Not Professor X.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I totally understand that and would not be opposed to it but he has done the villain thing for so long it would be nice to see him play a good guy.

Not feeling this personally…

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    I totally understand that and would not be opposed to it but he has done the villain thing for so long it would be nice to see him play a good guy.
    Yeah, my thinking is it would be neat to see him play a heroic character for once (give or take Xavier having...moments of less than stellar moral character).

I'm in the "let's see Esposito as a good guy" camp too. I would be down for this.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I could see if working, though I would be happy to see him play Mister Sinister as well.

BANNED

There has been tons of rumours flying about X-Men casting but is there any high interest or excitement knowing how bad X-Men movies are going to turn out. Marvel has yet to make a good movie worthy of bearing X-Men in the title and Phase 4 has gone so off the rails, I don't really see the stanch MCU fans defending the MCU anymore.

Patrick Stewart gave his worst Xavier performance in Dr Strange II. Giancarlo Esposito would be a waste of talent. There should get a far less talented actor who needs the money.

BANNED

I would prefer to see a comic accurate Professor X.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    I would prefer to see a comic accurate Professor X.
    That's good to hear as it means you're 100% cool with a multi ethnic actor like Esposito then as Stan Lee based Xavier off of Yul Brynner who was Swiss, German, Russian, Mongolian and Romani.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

He'd be a fun professor x.