Default Netflix Yu Yu Hakusho

Yu Yu Hakusho was one of my favorite shows here's the first look at Yusuke in the Netflix version.

https://screenrant.com/yu-yu-hakusho...-netflix-show/

An all-time classic & a definite favorite! Hope it does well...

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-17-2022 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

BANNED

Pretty skeptical about this.
    Anime adaptations into live action are lost in translation most of the times.

As long as it's the Japanese studios and not the US. Most US anime adaptations suck.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    As long as it's the Japanese studios and not the US. Most US anime adaptations suck.
    If I remember correctly, it was a japanese studio that made Attack On Titan and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond Is Unbreakable live action movies and they blew it.
    Only the Runouni Kenshin movies worked to certain degree.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Pretty skeptical about this.
    Anime adaptations into live action are lost in translation most of the times.
    I generally agree with this sentiment. That said, Yu Yu Hakusho is far less stylized than many animes that are adapted. It's something that is typically street level and most of the big fights are human looking people vs human looking people. The crazy looking Demons are just some flavor on the side.

Also it's probably one of the few beloved animes where I don't think fans would mind a few creative liberties in how you plot out some story points because Togashi clearly got a bit burned out later on and in the early parts was finding his footing.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    If I remember correctly, it was a japanese studio that made Attack On Titan and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond Is Unbreakable live action movies and they blew it.
    Only the Runouni Kenshin movies worked to certain degree.
    They're good at adapting non-popular anime/manga.

But when it comes to the popular ones....they just suddenly over-dramatize everything.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I generally agree with this sentiment. That said, Yu Yu Hakusho is far less stylized than many animes that are adapted. It's something that is typically street level and most of the big fights are human looking people vs human looking people. The crazy looking Demons are just some flavor on the side.

Also it's probably one of the few beloved animes where I don't think fans would mind a few creative liberties in how you plot out some story points because Togashi clearly got a bit burned out later on and in the early parts was finding his footing.
    As long as the characterization remains intact, it should be fine.

Togashi finding his feet a bit was natural as this was his second major manga publication. Him being burned out was only one of the contributing factors for ending it. The other was out, in his own words, out of spite as he was getting tired of editorial pressures placed upon him.

YYH is my favourite Shonen series. I've loved it ever since a friend introduced it to me in 1997. So I really don't want Netflix to screw this up. In saying that, I am a bit more hopeful here due to the fact the series mostly features human characters and is fairly grounded. It isn't set in a fantastical world like Dragonball, nor does it have characters with designs that are tricky to adapt like those of One Piece. Plus the powers aren't as CGI heavy. The only one that would be hard to do is Dragon Of The Darkness Flame.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 07-17-2022 at 11:01 PM.

Looking into the studio who's doing this. it's the same Japanese production studio that did the Alice in Borderland live action drama ( Robot Communications). From looking at their track record on the internet by comparing the review scores of their productions. They seem to be all over the place with high and lows.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 11-10-2023 at 07:29 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Blindsided by the fact they got legendary actress Meiko Kaji in this.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post

Looking into the studio who's doing this. it's the same Japanese production studio that did the Alice in Borderland live action drama ( Robot Communications). From looking at their track record on the internet by comparing the review scores of their productions. They seem to be all over the place with high and lows.
    I'm psyched. I wonder if they are skipping ahead to the Dark tournament or just doing the Black club arc where Togoru first appears.

This looks great

Cautiously optimistic.

I'm 3 episodes in and it's amazing.