Default gorr the god butcher vs thanos

gorr (MCU) vs 2014 (MCU) thanos

I think Gorr's got this.

Between how nimble and agile he is, his teleportation abilities, the ability to summon tendrils/creatures to (at least temporarily) restrain Thanos, and the Necrosword, I don't think a Stoneless Mad Titan has much of a chance.

Essentially, the bell rings, Gorr teleports behind Thanos to disorientate him, then sets a load of creatures/tendrils on him to distract/restrain him, then teleports in front of him and rams the Necrosword into his eye.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    I think Gorr's got this.

Between how nimble and agile he is, his teleportation abilities, the ability to summon tendrils/creatures to (at least temporarily) restrain Thanos, and the Necrosword, I don't think a Stoneless Mad Titan has much of a chance.

Essentially, the bell rings, Gorr teleports behind Thanos to disorientate him, then sets a load of creatures/tendrils on him to distract/restrain him, then teleports in front of him and rams the Necrosword into his eye.
    That's my take. Thanos is a beast, but, stonesless, he lacks any and all energy projection abilities to deal with tendrils (which are strong enough to hold in-shape Thor and others at the same time) or to keep Gorr away when otherwise bound. That's going to prove to be a problem, and he's getting Necrosworded.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Ya and I guess Thor's power level is around thanos anyway.

Thor is the closest he's ever been to matching Thanos. But Gorr? Throughout most of their confrontations, Gorr had Thor on the ropes. Thanos may be a little stronger (Gorr deflected Mjolnir, which is an impressive feat), but Gorr has teleportation, shadow monsters/constructs (strong enough to ensnare Thor, Mighty Thor, and Valkyrie), and the Necrosword. The God Butcher wins this one.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    Thor is the closest he's ever been to matching Thanos. But Gorr? Throughout most of their confrontations, Gorr had Thor on the ropes. Thanos may be a little stronger (Gorr deflected Mjolnir, which is an impressive feat), but Gorr has teleportation, shadow monsters/constructs (strong enough to ensnare Thor, Mighty Thor, and Valkyrie), and the Necrosword. The God Butcher wins this one.
    Didn't they say the darkness region made Gorr stronger?

Then again Thor having to chip away at Gorr's shadow hands to release Stormbreaker (with Thunderbolt no less) while Gorr was fighting Jane probably works just as well and shows his shadows were no joke.