Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Colussus is mind controlled atm. Exodus is iffy. half and half?
    Yeah, Fair Enough. I would throw in Pro. X as a Villain tbh honest.

I'm wondering how he expects this language that can't be corrupted to evil to work.

Is Magneto not going to be able to mention his past? Can characters not talking about being the superior race anymore?
    Is he going to tell people like Exodus, Sinister, Beast, and Apocalypse they aren't allowed to speak it?

What happens when they do start saying bad things? Is he going to start over with a new language?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'm wondering how he expects this language that can't be corrupted to evil to work.

Is Magneto not going to be able to mention his past? Can characters not talking about being the superior race anymore?
    Is he going to tell people like Exodus, Sinister, Beast, and Apocalypse they aren't allowed to speak it?

What happens when they do start saying bad things? Is he going to start over with a new language?
    I’d just like to imagine Cypher wandering the streets of Germany telling Germans “Hey, you know the language you speak is the same language Hitler spoke, right? Don’t you feel like that taints you’re entire language? Have you considered rewriting your entire language because Hitler might have said some of the same words at some point in time?”

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    As an Emma fan I must say most of all of what you say is absolutely kind of absurd and contradictory to what has been presented in the story lol.
    And I am sure you will back up your statement with numerous examples of Emma being kind and generous while expecting nothing in return from those less fortunate than herself, or all those times she was self-sacrificing for someone else's benefit, particularly the downtrodden or the children she pretended to care about. Or how about panels where she just generally put anyone else's wants and needs before her own. I'll wait...

(I'm an Emma fan too, in a way. I find the character very fun to read, but her appeal to me is I enjoy disliking her. I find her everything that is wrong with aristocratic old money and power.)
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

There’s in this a notion of purity that is rather ridiculous… Like wanting to reinvent the past by using new words.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    There’s in this a notion of purity that is rather ridiculous… Like wanting to reinvent the past by using new words.
    I just..the layers of ridiculousness to this one concept. Just keep going. Not only is the entire idea of holding a language responsible for the actions of those who speak it absurd, they don't go for the route of relating it to language as a weapon such as with native american tribes, which could have a vague point except for the fact Mutants don't have a language being replaced, so it's not perfect but you could go for a vague argument. You could maybe relate language to national pride, but they use the Salem Witch Trials as an example which was religous hysteria and nothing related to nationalism or racism on the whole. It's just ridiculous to hold an entire vocabulary accountable.

Then you just layer on this "And our language won't be used for such vile ends!" Just...how? Are you going to put mind control elements into it to prevent people from doing the bad thing Doug?

I found the supremacy vibes I got from some of the early Krakoa stories off-putting. But that wasn’t the X-Men, the X-Men are still heroes. And they have toned down the supremacy aspects to Krakoa since then. (Or was Onslaught the reason for those aspects of Krakoa?)

I wasn’t a fan of the quiet council in the beginning, but I think it’s quite interesting in Immortal X-Men. I still don’t understand why the felt the need to work with (former?) villains in the first place (there are so many powerful mutants, why did they need Sinister and Apocalypse?), but it makes for interesting reading now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    I found the supremacy vibes I got from some of the early Krakoa stories off-putting. But that wasn’t the X-Men, the X-Men are still heroes. And they have toned down the supremacy aspects to Krakoa since then. (Or was Onslaught the reason for those aspects of Krakoa?)

I wasn’t a fan of the quiet council in the beginning, but I think it’s quite interesting in Immortal X-Men. I still don’t understand why the felt the need to work with (former?) villains in the first place (there are so many powerful mutants, why did they need Sinister and Apocalypse?), but it makes for interesting reading now.
    Onslaught was not iirc. Or at the bare minimum was never implied to be the only reason. His thing was mostly increasing mutants willingness to see life and death as nothing but a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    this thread is so annoying lol half the points being brought up are so redundant and are not true
    And usually started by posters that haven't read the pages and pages of debate we've had about this topic for years. That's why so many don't bother participating.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    That works for me. As long as Krakoa get's **** done. :-)

The Quiet Council as a whole are not Villains. It's just the Villains ON the Council seem to have MORE panel and Talk time. Mystique, Destiny, Mr. Sinister and Pro. X talk the MOST. Then comes Emma and Kurt. Everyone else is quite as a mouse with nothing to say.
    I'm looking forward to the Immortal issues centered on Kurt, Kate, Ororo, Peter. Maybe there's a reason he's leaving the heroes for the second half. We have next Exodus and then Shaw, and I don't recall the rest of the Sinister Secrets for the order.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post
    And I am sure you will back up your statement with numerous examples of Emma being kind and generous while expecting nothing in return from those less fortunate than herself, or all those times she was self-sacrificing for someone else's benefit, particularly the downtrodden or the children she pretended to care about. Or how about panels where she just generally put anyone else's wants and needs before her own. I'll wait...

(I'm an Emma fan too, in a way. I find the character very fun to read, but her appeal to me is I enjoy disliking her. I find her everything that is wrong with aristocratic old money and power.)
    Right off the top of my head, the Morlocks. They have no interest in living on Krakoa so Emma is paying for them to live in a quiet community in Arizona.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Not this tired debate again lol

The anti Krakoan crowd is going to parrot the same argument since HoX #1 and the Pro Krakoan crowd will of course jump to the defense and then there's the rare few who like the Krakoan era but can acknowledge its not all rainbows and sunshine.

And then rinse and repeat for several pages until people get bored. Mostly on Wednesdays.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post

Right off the top of my head, there's this.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Not this tired debate again lol

The anti Krakoan crowd is going to parrot the same argument since HoX #1 and the Pro Krakoan crowd will of course jump to the defense and then there's the rare few who like the Krakoan era but can acknowledge its not all rainbows and sunshine.

And then rinse and repeat for several pages until people get bored. Mostly on Wednesdays.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Speaking of tired old threads doesn't it feel kinda boring now without a monthly Wanda thread sitting at the top pages all year?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

BANNED

I think the XMen are no longer perpetual victims and they found their voice in the world. It’s been great.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    No they are the new Inhumans.)
    Speaking of the Inhumans -- Has anyone ever read Marvel Graphic Novel #39 lately?

Kinda reminds me of another ancient sub-species practice.