Default Why did Storm start using contractions?

From 1975-2001 she rarely ever used a contraction. It was part of her speech patterns like Banshee or Rogue or Gambit have their accents. Then one day… she just started using them. One can blame having multiple writers using the character, but it was pretty consistent for decades. I think I pinned down the issue where it changed, and it was a surprise because it was written by Claremont. X-Treme X-Men #4. And it just starts happening. From then on, she regularly uses contractions and it seems no one really noticed. I just wonder if this was a conscious decision or just started happening by accident? Has this ever really been brought up before?

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    From 1975-2001 she rarely ever used a contraction. It was part of her speech patterns like Banshee or Rogue or Gambit have their accents. Then one day… she just started using them. One can blame having multiple writers using the character, but it was pretty consistent for decades. I think I pinned down the issue where it changed, and it was a surprise because it was written by Claremont. X-Treme X-Men #4. And it just starts happening. From then on, she regularly uses contractions and it seems no one really noticed. I just wonder if this was a conscious decision or just started happening by accident? Has this ever really been brought up before?
    I believe it was the start of her change to becoming something more or different. Claremont repeatedly made it clear something was happening with Storm. Jean noticed it, yukio noticed it. Rogue noticed it, Sage mentioned it, Bishop noticed and it was tied directly to how dark the world was becoming with the changing dynamics of mutants and kick etc. I wish we would have gotten to see. I mean we know he saw her as a living goddess he did part one and we saw how grand her power was, he did part 2 where we saw she lost them and improved the strength of her body and i think Xtreme was suppose to lead to part 3 the balance of body and spirit but then we know the trajectory the books took.

Even when he came back and did uncanny he was back to dropping hints about the next level for certain mutants jean, storm, rogue, betsy in particular he always seemed to be going somewhere with there abilities.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Maybe she realized it made her sound like a dork. I used to hate her as a kid precisely because of it. That, and her hair being white made me think of Bakura from Yugioh.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Maybe she realized it made her sound like a dork. I used to hate her as a kid precisely because of it. That, and her hair being white made me think of Bakura from Yugioh.
    Not Bakura!

This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation