Default Hawkgirl (JLU) vs. The Manhattan Clan (Gargoyles)

How does Hawkgirl fair in a battle against the entire Manhattan Clan? This fight takes place at night in NYC. Hawkgirl with her mace must face Goliath, Hudson, Brooklyn, Broadway, Lexington, and Angela.

vs.

(sans Elisa and Bronx)

The Gargoyles have numbers on their side and work well as a team. They are also rather tough. However, Shayera is also tough and pretty skilled with her mace. Who do you think wins?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Extraordinary Member

IIRC Hawkgirl once dented Darkseid's skull. Which strikes me as above the Gargoyles paygrade

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

She also takes a whole lot of hits from JLU Wonder Woman and doesn't fold like paper.

I've put in the whole fight, because it's one of the better ones and has some of the best lines, but...

All of this happens on a day where Diana is depicted as stopping Vixen (channelling an elephant) dead with casual ease, then tossing her around like a toy.

At 2:30 Hawkgirl gets flipped right into the ground by Diana and gets back up just fine.

4:05 Diana slams into her while flying and drives her back to the ground. Hawkgirl gets up again.

4:14 Diana basically whales on her, hammering her with punches, knees, over and over again for a good 8-9 seconds before punching her out of the air so she crashes into the ground. Hawkgirl gets up and continues to fight.

4:32 Diana hits her with a monster kick that sends her flying into a giant metal or stone pillar. Hawkgirl hits the pillar, bounces off, then immediately has to dodge (and does) her own mace that comes shrieking in, thrown by Wonder Woman. By this point she is clearly hurting, but still fighting.

Does Diana eventually beat her down (and suffer no injuries in the doing)? Sure. But Hawkgirl absorbs a whole lot of punishment here, more (I suspect) than the Gargoyles can put out.

I have to give this one to Hawkgirl after a rather lengthily fight.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 07-18-2022 at 05:42 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Just to put this out there, not saying the Manhattan Clan wins, but here;
    https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthre...ath_gargoyles/

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Okay, there's some stuff in that thread that makes me think that Goliath, at least, can put the hurt on Hawkgirl if he catches her with his claws. So I'm not sure any more about who takes this.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Can the Gargoyles take a bit from the mace? That thing has absurd feats, and anti magic properties to boot.

I'm leaning Hawkgirl, but this: https://streamable.com/b4o6x

This slaps! It's easily one of my favorite Goliath/Gargoyles moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    I'm leaning Hawkgirl, but this: https://streamable.com/b4o6x

This slaps! It's easily one of my favorite Goliath/Gargoyles moments.
    That's a dope scene.

I think Hawkgirl is faster in the air, so if she can use her speed along with her mace to take them on individually she can win. But the Gargoyles might be able to overwhelm her with their superior numbers.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!