Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The White Council vs. Darth Vader

Is the combined might of the White Council enough to defeat the Sith Lord? This is the live-action version of the White Council with feats from the LOTR and Hobbit films. This is also a composite of Gandalf the Gray and Gandalf the White. Darth Vader has his light-saber and feats from the Star Wars movies and the Obi-Wan series.

The White Council

vs.

Darth Vader
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Is the combined might of the White Council enough to defeat the Sith Lord? This is the live-action version of the White Council with feats from the LOTR and Hobbit films. This is also a composite of Gandalf the Gray and Gandalf the White. Darth Vader has his light-saber and feats from the Star Wars movies and the Obi-Wan series.

The White Council

vs.

Darth Vader
    Just Gandalf can give him a fight the others are over kill.

Yeah. Lightsaber could probably do even the top weapons and armor in LOTR in. Outside of that, for even how strong in the Force Vader is, we have 2 descended angels (whose powers are only limited towards others like them), a half Elf that's been fighting in wars for over 3000 years, and one of the oldest Elves still alive. Their magic powers and abilities would simply overwhelm Anakin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah. Lightsaber could probably do even the top weapons and armor in LOTR in. Outside of that, for even how strong in the Force Vader is, we have 2 descended angels (whose powers are only limited towards others like them), a half Elf that's been fighting in wars for over 3000 years, and one of the oldest Elves still alive. Their magic powers and abilities would simply overwhelm Anakin.
    Gandalf fighting the balrog is very impressive. But, in terms of the movies, I'm trying to remember some standout feats.
    Power with Girl is better.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Beaten to it, but to expand a little bit....

1. Movies. Ergo, feats from the movies only (hahahaha, all must suffer!);
    2. Gandalf and the other Istari were specifically limited. Gandalf the White, less-so, but still, it's not like he was sent back as Full-Power Olórin. Regardless of what they were back in Valinor, they get their feats as Istari, not fully-empowered Maiar.

I'm getting picky about this because we had a brief time on Rumbles where there was an idea put forward that Gandalf = 'being that helped sing the Universe into existence', which is wrong on a whole bunch of levels (including the 'helped sing the Universe into existence', nope, Eru did that all on his lonesome, Ainulindalë and Tolkien himself are pretty explicit on the matter). I don't want that kind of thing to take hold again. ^_^
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 07-18-2022 at 03:53 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Interesting.

Vader’s onscreen feats for neck snapping and hurling huge crap is kind of impressive. Or just tearing out chunks of spaceships.

In a straight up sword fight (I will presume the elven, millennia year old swords can probably stand up to at least some lightsaber contact) he probably doesn’t win. Gandalf and Elrond are both very good sword-fighters, and while on screen they may not quite be Obi-Wan level, together they should be more than enough (especially if the other two throw down some magic).

Now, power wise……….Ehh, if Vader is aware how powerful G and G are I can honestly see him trying neck snapping one or both at the bell if he can. If one goes down and Vader plays a ranged game, I don’t think the White council can win. I mean, given his ship feat and 100 ft starting distance in Khazan, he could probably just immediately pull one towards himself and impale them or crush them.

I genuinely think this comes down to range. Up close, I think Vader loses a sword fight. At distance, Vader wins easily because he has more options.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Mighty Member

Most of the feats of the White Council (sans Gandalf): https://youtu.be/NLhypaRifcE

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Interesting.

Vader’s onscreen feats for neck snapping and hurling huge crap is kind of impressive. Or just tearing out chunks of spaceships.

In a straight up sword fight (I will presume the elven, millennia year old swords can probably stand up to at least some lightsaber contact) he probably doesn’t win. Gandalf and Elrond are both very good sword-fighters, and while on screen they may not quite be Obi-Wan level, together they should be more than enough (especially if the other two throw down some magic).

Now, power wise……….Ehh, if Vader is aware how powerful G and G are I can honestly see him trying neck snapping one or both at the bell if he can. If one goes down and Vader plays a ranged game, I don’t think the White council can win. I mean, given his ship feat and 100 ft starting distance in Khazan, he could probably just immediately pull one towards himself and impale them or crush them.

I genuinely think this comes down to range. Up close, I think Vader loses a sword fight. At distance, Vader wins easily because he has more options.

Interesting points and this is similar to how I feel. I think Vader has better ranged options over-all, but the White Council has numbers and some ranged abilities as well. If they somehow close the gap they may also be able to overwhelm Vader.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Based on movie feats, I guess my question here is can Gandalf just go "your mask (or some other component) is broken" like with Saruman's staff 'cause we've seen that basically any damage to Vader's life support system is extremely debilitating to him. Gandalf definitely blew up Saruman's staff from more than 100 feet away, and Vader's mask doesn't seem exceptionally durable. It's kind of an Achilles heel for him
    Last edited by BitVyper; 07-19-2022 at 07:38 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Mighty Member

I would say both Gandalf and Saruman have shield feats, and Vader obviously has no feats of affecting people through magic shields. Galadriel clearly sets off some sort of AoE attack that expands far beyond Dol Goldur that at least throws around orcs. Working together, I would say by feats that they should be able to pin Vader against the wall, close in, and eventually wear him down with team TK/flame attacks.

Astonishing Member

Galadriel powers through Vader's force choke and powerbombs him into Dol Guldur.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Galadriel powers through Vader's force choke and powerbombs him into Dol Guldur.
    Is she high on plutonium at the time?
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Is she high on plutonium at the time?
    Just trying to push my personal headcanon that Galadriel has superstrength.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Just trying to push my personal headcanon that Galadriel has superstrength.

Well, she did ‘throw down the walls’ of Sauron’s summer cottage in the books.
    Why are we here?

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

At the start Vader uses his Star ship catching/holding with Max thrusters and subsequently ripping out a huge chunk of it's side TK to blow them all away or crush them? He also used Force choke over a Video call across Star ships in the original Trilogy and those ships have sheilds that are presumably always on just at varying power levels and magic sheilds don't block everything(like light and sound and air and other things the Force can manipulate). If sheilds are given range to block even though Force then Vader's sheilds(which he shown he can make in his Lightsaber duel against the Inquisator) could block attacks as well and has shown to counter TK in show.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.