Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

In terms of creators, I'd want to see:

• At least one story celebrating George Perez
    • Something by Phil Jimenez, either as a writer or artist (preferably both!)
    • A little side-story by Kelly Sue DeConnick that takes place in the Historia universe
    • Nubia & Diana story by Stephanie Williams and Alitha Martinez
    • I'd love to see Greg Rucka do something for it, but I doubt that'll happen
    • While talking pipe dreams, I'd also love another short Legend of WW story by Renae de Liz
    • Michael W. Conrad & Becky Cloonan continuing their awesome run, duh
    • Definitely something by Steve Orlando if he's willing to return after his awful treatment by DC
    • Art by the three great Rebirth artists: Liam Sharp, Nicola Scott, and Bilquis Evely

I also just noticed that my list is basically half female creators and how freakin' fabulous it is that we have so many great female creators on the Wonder Woman brand. For the longest time, it was just a very select few women working on the series like Joye Murchison and Jill Thompson. It's refreshing to see.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Just put Dan Mora on Wonder Woman and call it a day, that's all I want

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    One of the defining aspects of how she thinks about characters is "what is their wound". This is obvious with someone like Carol Danvers, Mera, Hippolyta, and even with Aquaman.

But Diana doesn't have this. Diana as a character had the perfect childhood, the perfect life. She is driven by enthusiasm. The only pain she ever felt when she was defining herself was learning that the people she loved, the amazons, has suffered greatly in the World of Man.

Kelly Sue understands the morals of Diana, and yes she did write a solid moment with Aquaman. But the core of her writing is all about her connecting to these characters on that level, and Diana doesn't have any personal grievances (which is actually a great thing, but isn't easy for some talented writers)
    Hmm, an interesting way of looking at things...One could argue that Wonder Womans empathy could be a wound of sorts as she cannot stand to see others suffer and does everything she can to help those in need

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    But Diana doesn't have this. Diana as a character had the perfect childhood, the perfect life. She is driven by enthusiasm. The only pain she ever felt when she was defining herself was learning that the people she loved, the amazons, has suffered greatly in the World of Man
    Did Diana had a perfect childhood? Wouldn't Diana have issues being isolated from the outside world for thousands of years and being the only child on the island?

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    Did Diana had a perfect childhood? Wouldn't Diana have issues being isolated from the outside world for thousands of years and being the only child on the island?
    I would definitely say no. She had a huge island to herself. (Do you think people that leave in islands their whole childhoods are hurt by this?)

And being a child just meant everyone around her loved her. Unless you think the amazons would look down on her instead of being enchanted by her.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

• A little side-story by Kelly Sue DeConnick that takes place in the Historia universe
    • While talking pipe dreams, I'd also love another short Legend of WW story by Renae de Liz
    • Definitely something by Steve Orlando if he's willing to return after his awful treatment by DC
    • Art by the three great Rebirth artists: Liam Sharp, Nicola Scott, and Bilquis Evely

I also just noticed that my list is basically half female creators and how freakin' fabulous it is that we have so many great female creators on the Wonder Woman brand. For the longest time, it was just a very select few women working on the series like Joye Murchison and Jill Thompson. It's refreshing to see.

Stephanie Williams and Alitha Martinez need to be in this issue as well. No-one draws Nubia better.

What happened with Steve Orlando and DC?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

More story, fewer pin-ups.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    More story, fewer pin-ups.

Yeah, I like a few pin-ups but when there's more than 2 or 3 in a book they start to feel like filler.

Another thing I'd like to see in issue #800 is a solid team-up between Diana and Donna with them bonding again. In Trial of the Amazons they seemed kind of aloof towards each other like there was some bad blood.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Stephanie Williams and Alitha Martinez need to be in this issue as well. No-one draws Nubia better.

What happened with Steve Orlando and DC?
    To the list of artists, I would also add:

Jen Bartel
    Tula Lotay
    Jenny Frison
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    I would support this!! Dan is just an amazing artist.

Incredible Member

I'd love to see a story from the pre-New52 continuity Perez began...there were so many years of history that went up in smoke once the New 52 was on the horizon.

And there are other fun continuities to include as well - plenty of options.

But I suspect we'll just get stories that tie into the current stories DC is promoting, and that's a shame. Remember when they did that big celebratory issue during the Rucka run, and it featured a Golden Age story, I think with art by Rick Burchett? Fun stuff.

I feel like it's been 10 years since we've seen anything from the Perez/WM-L/Byrne/Luke/Rucka/Simone era...

Incredible Member

Things I would love to see for an 800th issue:

Cloonrad and Bartel - Immortal Wonder Woman I would like it to be like Zack Snyder's vision but not that violent of course. Seeing Wonder Woman come to Man's World during the Crimean War in search for Ares and watching her help end wars and spread her mission of peace until we get to the current day. The idea sounds lovely, but I do not want her collecting heads and body parts. Just the general story.

Geoff Johns and Liam Sharpe - Villainy Inc Geoff Johns is well-known for revamping villains in ways that really connect with the audience. I would love a Dr. Poison and Dr. Cyber-led caper. Maybe a Villany Inc vs. Suicide Squad. The Drs. Poison and Cyber, Hypnotic Woman, Silver Swan, Giganta, and Blue Snowman team up against Amanda Waller for reasons.

Tom King and Fabok - The Sensational Wonder Women Diana, all three Wonder Girls, Nubia, Artemis, Hippolyta, and the Amazons must team up to defeat an invading Grail and Female Furies for invading Themyscira

Greg Rucka and Nicola Scott - The Curse of Urzkataga Diana and Steve travel to the land of Urzkataga to stop Diana's dear friend, Barbara Ann Minerva, who's teamed up with Sebastian, Pricilla, and Debbie Domain to this land that promises great power. In doing so, they release Circe who transforms each into a different Were-Cheetah. Can Diana save Barbara Ann?

Steve Orlando and Jenny Frison - Only Love Can Save the World Wonder Woman battles Paula Von Gunther and she's about to unleash nuclear holocaust on the world and uses the Lasso to show Gunther her possible futures. One where Gunther commits to villainy and another where she repents. Will the power of Diana's lasso help Gunther reform?

Allen Heinberg and Jim Lee - You Can Have it All A story where Wonder Woman from multiple earths come together including Lynda Carter Wonder Woman, Mod Wonder Woman, Golden Age Wonder Woman, etc. All heroes have fallen, and it's up to our multiple Wonder Woman to save the day.

The issue ends with a letter from Lynda Carter, Gal Gadot, and Patty Jenkins.

I just want to know if Jason was real or not...

I was going to answer, but this post sums up pretty well my opinion. If Wonder Woman is changing the bearer, then let Cloonrad continue writing Diana on a secondary series.

Also, bring back Steve Orlando for one of these stories. He would have totally loved the current status quo

Also, bring back Gail Simone for another story with Becky Cloonan. I deeply missed her on the 80th aniversary!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    honestly id like them to not do another anthology issue if it could be helped. These 'lets do a giant book where a bunch of creative teams do several out of continuity stories' is neat and all, but id rather have one extra sized story that lassos in all the different facets of Wonder Womans world in a sort of celebratory issue
    I'd like to see a story like Batman/Planetary where different versions of the title character were seen as the protagonist traveled across dimensions. That is what I would have done for Action 1000 and Superman, but a Wonder Woman version with Harry G. Peter style art as well as a Diana (Rigg) Prince character would be a nice celebration.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?