Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hellboy in Love

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Matt Smith,good artist.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Nice looks cool

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

This was a pretty fun read that definitely had an old school Hellboy feel. I really loved finally getting to Anastasia in the comics, as a long time fan of Golden's Hellboy novels I've long wondered why we never saw her before now.

Curiously, although Mignola's name was on the cover he wasn't credited in the book itself.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Haven't read the Golden books, but I really like Anastasia.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Haven't read the Golden books, but I really like Anastasia.
    Dragon Pool and Lost Army are decent enough...but Bones of the Giants is seriously one of the best Hellboy stories ever which was why I was so disappointed in the comic adaptation.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Loved issue #2, and Anastasia is great. I got to the last page and saw "The End" and said "Nooo!" and then I looked at the cover and saw Goblin Night 2of 2, and thought "Nooo!.......and then I looked up and saw 2 of 5 and thought "Yesss! Did I mention that I am really enjoying this series?

Does Hellboy get a love interest in this story?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Does Hellboy get a love interest in this story?
    Yes, hence the title.

Yes, hence the title.
    Lol I walked into that one. Romance isn't something they touched on with Hellboy. I thought they'd do something in the 1960s prequels.

Loved issue #2, and Anastasia is great. I got to the last page and saw "The End" and said "Nooo!" and then I looked at the cover and saw Goblin Night 2of 2, and thought "Nooo!.......and then I looked up and saw 2 of 5 and thought "Yesss! Did I mention that I am really enjoying this series?
    Yeah, the numbering threw me a little too. I'm so used to these things being stretched out for the trade that a simple two parter confused me, I could only think, "Hey, I thought I remembered reading that this was a longer miniseries?"

I wasn't as enamored with this issue as the previous ones. The flirty banter between Hellboy and Anastasia was fun and the tension with her boss was interesting but I don't think there was enough development of the puppets and their folklore so I found myself not really caring what they did.

I thought this was a good conclusion to this 2 parter. Lot's of crazy stuff with the puppets and some serious danger. Well drawn. Not ground shaking, but fun. I worry the last issue might be tragic.

Issue #5 is currently due out on "Publication Date: June 14, 2023", but Previewsworld no longer has a listing for it?

Is Dark Horse no longer using Diamond for comic book distribution here in the U.S.?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Issue #5 is currently due out on "Publication Date: June 14, 2023", but Previewsworld no longer has a listing for it?

Is Dark Horse no longer using Diamond for comic book distribution here in the U.S.?
    Found the article on Bleeding Cool that answered my question: