Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadow View Post
    The surfer can reshape matter and energy. He can traverse time. That is why I take issue with Marz's run. In that run, all he did was shoot "cosmic bolts" at his enemies. Nevermind that he could have just as simply rearranged their atoms...
    This is true os SO many characters though. Constantly not using abilities we know they have, for sake of the plot sometimes, or worse for a writer's pet character. With the Surfer's power, even at rest, T'Challa should not be able to move his arm in any way at all. But sometimes you need the story to move along and have a little action etc. Like I said, there's been so many worse example of this. Surfer's former master can attest, as Galactus has been a constant jobber for like the last decade or more.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    This is true os SO many characters though. Constantly not using abilities we know they have, for sake of the plot sometimes, or worse for a writer's pet character. With the Surfer's power, even at rest, T'Challa should not be able to move his arm in any way at all. But sometimes you need the story to move along and have a little action etc. Like I said, there's been so many worse example of this. Surfer's former master can attest, as Galactus has been a constant jobber for like the last decade or more.
    True

Galactus is nothing more than a motif to show how powerful and scary the new big bad / thanos once again , really is

I find it tedious and lazy
    Last edited by kilderkin; 07-26-2022 at 04:17 AM.

There's been tons of great Marvel cosmic stuff in the 70s, 80s, and even into 90s. Thereafter I didn't read cosmic stuff for many years as I found it had gotten schlocky and poorly written.

Then DnA did wat they did, along with others, and it all felt fresh and relevant again.

Then some other people played with those toys... and I never read cosmic stuff again. It sucks a bit. (that said, I bought the Thanos OGNs, and Gillen's Iron Man in space and S.W.O.R.D. books, because they were fun)