Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chuck Dixon

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

His Nightwing run was kind of a revelation for me and made the character click as a solo hero instead of a member of the Teen Titans or Batman's sidekick. He made Dick my favorite superhero when I was a teenager. I also really dug his Robin and remember his Batman fondly, though vaguely. Robin and Batgirl Year One live in my brain rent free.

I don't think he'd come back today based on a number of circumstances, least of all that I think his wheelhouse was big, brooding crime stuff which wouldn't extend to the popular iterations of the Batfam and I don't know if his style would sell enough for either 'Tec or Batman proper to justify putting on those books. This is to say nothing of the campaign he's joined that makes him persona non-grata in the industry. I can only hope he's left the comicsgate movement, but who knows?
    Last edited by Robanker; 07-24-2022 at 02:45 PM.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
    He was my favourite bat writer of the 90's. Detective, Robin, Nightwing, Birds of Prey. Cool Martial Arts stuff, History and True Crime. It was great for 12 year old me. I followed his non DC stuff religiously as well.

Damn shame about who he decided to stand with in the end. I was pretty conservative as a kid, so i agreed with him about a lot of stuff, but i moved on as i learned more about the world. The fact that his conservative positions have led him to stand with Vox Day is... disappointing.
    I've asked Dixon pretty openly about whether he agrees with Vox Day on racial things, and he's been pretty unambiguous about saying "no, I don't." He seems to think that it's a disagreement he has with Day as publisher, and doesn't think that guilt by association works that way. I don't know that I really agree with him on that - I'm very conservative myself, and I refuse to do anything with Vox Day. I have listened to his Q&A videos consistently since he started doing them, and I don't see a sign that he's anywhere close to where Vox Day's lunacy and hatred leads. Still quite troubling, I will agree. But I think he still writes pretty solid stuff.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Was Dixon getting any work from DC or Marvel before teaming up with Vox Day?
    I really like the Bane Conquest 12 part series he wrote a few years ago.

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

Chuck Dixon is easily in my top 5 favorite Batman writers of all time. His work with both the bat family and the rouge gallery was excellent.