Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Instinctively I'd be like, "No! Let's just have enough team books to spotlight as many characters as possible." But let's be real, that's not sustainable.

There are dozens (if not more) characters with story potential that simply don't get use besides wallpaper appearances and a cameo here and there. It's a waste and I don't see any problem with those characters getting offered to other books outside the X-office.
    Rogue has unironically had more focus and was involved in more events with the Avengers office than the X-Office in the last decade.

But we had so many people crying to have Rogue back and for what? >_> I don't see the amazing storyline opportunities she's been given since back.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Rogue has unironically had more focus and was involved in more events with the Avengers office than the X-Office in the last decade.

But we had so many people crying to have Rogue back and for what? >_> I don't see the amazing storyline opportunities she's been given since back.
    Good point. I feel like many mutants were used better when they were on the Avengers or some other team. I'd rather these see these characters as major players in the other parts of Marvel Universe as opposed to being background fodder in the X-Books

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Firestar was a founding member of New Warriors. She had more development in that book than she has had in X-Men.
    She on the Avengers-same thing.
    OMG! Glad someone remembered Angel's tenure with both the New Warriors & the Avengers. But, don't forget...

The Young Allies

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    My meaning is mutants should appear outside of the X-books.
    Oh i know what you meant but the only real comfort zone has been Shangi Chi in the last few years and that's because the writer made his sister a mutant and actually treated her with respect and care, like any other character but with powers. It's not on x-books to impose mutants on other books for some reason writers didn't want to write them in them so no comfort zone. Aside from like the teen books. And we know they are welcome in spiderman.

oh and storm was in the marvels. every other time they were treated weird, see storm in avengers joining just to leave after a crappy drooling mission. I mean aside from wolverine you on your own out in these marvel streets. lol. even rogue was overtly aggressive with wanda in the beginning and it wasn't cute it wasn't until duggan took over that i think the book actually became good. "call me alex summers." lmao i still get a kick out of that one.
    Last edited by jwatson; 07-21-2022 at 11:24 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Good point. I feel like many mutants were used better when they were on the Avengers or some other team. I'd rather these see these characters as major players in the other parts of Marvel Universe as opposed to being background fodder in the X-Books
    Agreed, she and Roberto really shined there. Roberto thankfully has been picked back up by Ewing since, but it's sad it took them this long to get him back into the fold. (and really, if it wasn't for Ewing he'd probably still be limbo)

I'm not saying that if left to wander the rest of the MU, they'd automatically get greater focus but having that availability in other titles isn't a bad thing when the franchise is already SUPER bloated and can barely handle balancing characters as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Firestar was a founding member of New Warriors. She had more development in that book than she has had in X-Men.
    She on the Avengers-same thing.

What are the Academy kids and others really benefitting from? Being in the background and being underdeveloped.

So undeveloped that the first mutant in MCU is someone built up as an INHUMAN (instead of keeping the first choice of being a mutant) with way more solo issues than every single teen and mutant of color.

This mindset of all mutants must be here so they can watch the soap opera of Scott, Jean, Emma, Logan & Kitty-because editorial is so SCARED that those hypocrite teams will do a better job with the tons of mutants they neglect.
    Exactly, I am so bored of this era because it feels like a small group of characters suck the air right out of the room whenever they are on-panel. It's mostly just this crop of writers but they cannot handle ensemble casts. Yes, I am looking at you Duggan, Howard and Percy. D:<

Please give allow other X-characters chance to shine elsewhere please, if they're not going to bother to use them.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 07-21-2022 at 11:28 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I actually want to see other superhumans on X-teams.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

I have long argued that mutants need more of a presence outside the X-Books...but not necessarily the X-Mutants. Someone like Justice being brought back to the Avengers and given an update from 'gollygewhiz that's Captain America' fanboy to serious and capable professional who walks into the room and calls him 'Steve'.

Incredible Member

Deleted post.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Well, once upon a time that was exactly what the X-Men were all about -- co-existence in a world that feared and hated mutants.

X-Men #1 September 1963 -- Topic-related frames

Then, Charles Francis Xavier's dream "mutated" and transformed into a one-size fits all Social Allegory...

Now, I support progress, enlightenment, and all that goes with it (and, no I'm not pointing fingers here) but, the story, plot, and the initial premise of the X-Men were clearly laid out day one for the reader well before "X-Men #1" ever hit the stands and or mailboxes. Fast forward some 60 years and new younger readers are expected to read between the lines (so to speak) because "Social Allegory" demands that there is something deeper that is tied to other concepts such as love, greed, and envy. Moreover, "Social Allegory", also insists that one replaces the "Suspension of Belief" with "In Real Life" representation, political systems, and institutions such as NWO government, education, law and order, religious morals, critical race thinking, and pure logic while enjoying something that is supposed to unreal or impossible in waking reality.

Today, 99.999% of mutantdom are staunch Xenophobes who now embrace and revel in secure, genetic isolation while hypocritically placing mutant-only transit gates around the globe...

My name is a mutant name because it belongs to me. And, if the Flatscans want it back... They can wear it on their tombstones.

—Fabian Cortez
    100% agree with everything you wrote here.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Remember when Roberto manages to outsmart the Maker. That was long time...

RCO005_1477506262.jpg
    RCO006_1477506262.jpg
    RCO013_1477506262.jpg

Mighty Member

RCO014_1477506262.jpg
    RCO015_1477506262.jpg

This moment really highlight the move of Sunspot. Loving his character a lot in this run.

Oh, yes. Ewing's New Avengers was a treat for New Mutant's fans and Roberto was the best part of it.
    And before that, in Time Runs Out, he also was the Avenger trying to save the world while Tony and Steve were at each other's throats.

Now he gets to be in X-Men Red with the best possible writer, but I don't see him on any cover or promo art for AXE.
    Why? Because the mutants who get to be relevant in those events (besides being redshirts or macguffins) are the ones who really matter in the eyes of the X-writers and X-editors.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Well, once upon a time that was exactly what the X-Men were all about -- co-existence in a world that feared and hated mutants.

X-Men #1 September 1963 -- Topic-related frames

Then, Charles Francis Xavier's dream "mutated" and transformed into a one-size fits all Social Allegory...

Now, I support progress, enlightenment, and all that goes with it (and, no I'm not pointing fingers here) but, the story, plot, and the initial premise of the X-Men were clearly laid out day one for the reader well before "X-Men #1" ever hit the stands and or mailboxes. Fast forward some 60 years and new younger readers are expected to read between the lines (so to speak) because "Social Allegory" demands that there is something deeper that is tied to other concepts such as love, greed, and envy. Moreover, "Social Allegory", also insists that one replaces the "Suspension of Belief" with "In Real Life" representation, political systems, and institutions such as NWO government, education, law and order, religious morals, critical race thinking, and pure logic while enjoying something that is supposed to unreal or impossible in waking reality.

Today, 99.999% of mutantdom are staunch Xenophobes who now embrace and revel in secure, genetic isolation while hypocritically placing mutant-only transit gates around the globe...

My name is a mutant name because it belongs to me. And, if the Flatscans want it back... They can wear it on their tombstones.

—Fabian Cortez
    do you support reparations for the descendants of American chattel slavery and Black degradation?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reiko View Post
    do you support reparations for the descendants of American chattel slavery and Black degradation?
    What does this have to do with current X-Men?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Because it'd be less editorially boring for mutants to only be on X-books. Thats why hope the Kamala thing sticks, itd be fun to have a mutant who's not lockstep with the X-books MO
    No more retcons, please! Kamala is fine as she is, don't make a mess of the character!