Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    You know, this shot, would work a lot better if The Runaways didn't just in the last 3 years have a 50 issue run.

also Stature is in things, most of the young avengers are, even if they aren't in things together. Patriot's the only exception and he's a legal issue.

Trust me when I say, the New X-men would kill for what Teen Heroes get outside of the X-office.
    Marvel tried pushing it's young heroes before and everyone started complaining about their establishment heroes being replaced

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Marvel tried pushing it's young heroes before and everyone started complaining about their establishment heroes being replaced
    Boy, this sure is a rebuttal to my statement that young heroes outside of X-office still have a place and show up at least semi-regularly alright.

Maybe tell the X-office to give a damn instead of trying to find every out in the world about why the New X-men can't get time.

Boy, this sure is a rebuttal to my statement that young heroes outside of X-office still have a place and show up at least semi-regularly alright.

Maybe tell the X-office to give a damn instead of trying to find every out in the world about why the New X-men can't get time.
    People who are fans of the Academy X or younger mutants don't want them to "show up" they want them to be regular members like Prodigy or Eye Boy during X factor

But that won't happen regularly because you will get the customer base complaining about where is my 90s X-men characters.

That's why I made the statement

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    People who are fans of the Academy X or younger mutants don't want them to "show up" they want them to be regular members like Prodigy or Eye Boy during X factor

But that won't happen regularly because you will get the customer base complaining about where is my 90s X-men characters.

That's why I made the statement
    Now you're being pedantic. I don't say show up to mean "Wall paper" I mean, they're still around being on teams, getting minis, starring in events (and not dying).

It's why I mentioned that trying to bring up the runaways as a counter point is silly. Cause the runaways just got a long run and an annual. Academy kids aint even get a quarter of that.

Mighty Member

I remember when 'Decimation' event happen, most of the depowered mutants (Jubilee, Wind dancer, Beck) were joining with the New Warriors, a team where they were trying to clear the name of the team following the Stamford incidents. Donyell became Night-Thrasher since his brother's death and they also get along to fight for justice. Something different than they did in the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    I remember when 'Decimation' event happen, most of the depowered mutants (Jubilee, Wind dancer, Beck) were joining with the New Warriors, a team where they were trying to clear the name of the team following the Stamford incidents. Donyell became Night-Thrasher since his brother's death and they also get along to fight for justice. Something different than they did in the X-Men.
    Which eventually gave us the Mini-Apocalypse version of Chamber

Prodigy got to do SOOOOOOOO much in Young AVengers, it's wild. Some kids definitely could do with not being in the X-vortex just taking up wall space
    Oh he did? I don't remember

You know, this shot, would work a lot better if The Runaways didn't just in the last 3 years have a 50 issue run.

also Stature is in things, most of the young avengers are, even if they aren't in things together. Patriot's the only exception and he's a legal issue.

Trust me when I say, the New X-men would kill for what Teen Heroes get outside of the X-office.
    Gah That run was...eh No wonder I didn't remember. But It's not lie Wolverine, QQ, Pixie, Glob, Prodigy, Eyeboy, Glob....haven't been pushed.

It's why I mentioned that trying to bring up the runaways as a counter point is silly. Cause the runaways just got a long run and an annual. Academy kids aint even get a quarter of that.
    Yeah..True...True...ANd yeeeeeah I still think the outlook on Marvels young heroes longevity and usage.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Which eventually gave us the Mini-Apocalypse version of Chamber
    Yeeeeeeah More evidence that mutants should mostly stay in the X-Office
    GrindrStone(D)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Oh he did? I don't remember
    He had an entire subarc and romantic triangle. He also shows up almost regularly when they do a reunion. And he's always been their resident smart guy (especially since iron lad's gone and become kang)

Gah That run was...eh No wonder I didn't remember. But It's not lie Wolverine, QQ, Pixie, Glob, Prodigy, Eyeboy, Glob....haven't been pushed.
    Doesn't matter if you don't remember it or didn't enjoy it. It lasted long and was well received. Of that list, I'd say only Wolverine and Quire had consistent usage. sure Eyeboy and Prodigy got some shine time, but I wouldn't say Prodigy's was the best.

Yeah..True...True...ANd yeeeeeah I still think the outlook on Marvels young heroes longevity and usage.
    I aint saying it's perfect, but it's way better than the youth of krakoa more often than not

Yeeeeeeah More evidence that mutants should mostly stay in the X-Office
    to collect dust or be killed off or nature girl'd

to collect dust or be killed off or nature girl'd
    Jus Gueeeeesssing....but you haven't read Young Warriors (2004)
    GrindrStone(D)

Mighty Member

The biggest difference is that if a mutant joins outside of the X-books. He or she would learn something different perspective from the other super-humans and what challenges they faced and deal with in each mission. Honestly, it's not a big deal since in the X-books, most of the topics are mainly about mutant discrimination, prosecution, hated or fear and even trying to get out from the danger.

If any X-gene joins an Avenger team, maybe they could understand the different scenario compared to how his own kinds deals the world problems. Besides, some of his non-mutant friends could possibly show some support and bring value to them about what it feels like if you can't beat them, join them instead.

The biggest difference is that if a mutant joins outside of the X-books. He or she would learn something different perspective from the other super-humans and what challenges they faced and deal with in each mission. Honestly, it's not a big deal since in the X-books, most of the topics are mainly about mutant discrimination, prosecution, hated or fear and even trying to get out from the danger.

If any X-gene joins an Avenger team, maybe they could understand the different scenario compared to how his own kinds deals the world problems. Besides, some of his non-mutant friends could possibly show some support and bring value to them about what it feels like if you can't beat them, join them instead.
    It's been done, but the recent swing in X-books of the world trying to exterminate Mutants makes it feel weird when you have the Avengers... not bothering with any of that.

Mighty Member

[B]Yeeeeeeah More evidence that mutants should mostly stay in the X-Office
    In another thread, someone said Beast has the best characteristic when he first joins an Avenger team. In X-Men, Beast has the worst assassinate development I ever seen to the point writers decide to make him a villain. (Look at Ben's X-Force run).