Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Instinctively I'd be like, "No! Let's just have enough team books to spotlight as many characters as possible." But let's be real, that's not sustainable.

There are dozens (if not more) characters with story potential that simply don't get use besides wallpaper appearances and a cameo here and there. It's a waste and I don't see any problem with those characters getting offered to other books outside the X-office.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Fucking hell, posts like this makes it look like Avengers are so bad they make villains like Sinister and Cassandra Nova did nothing wrong compared to whatever super crimes Avengers commited against mutants lol.

I wonder how many are shitposts and how many are just Avengers living rent free in X-fans' heads, damn lol.
    Rent-free is right cuz the X-Men aren't brought up as much in Avengers threads.
    "Cable was right!"

Everyone forgets that time Storm was part of the Fantastic Four with T'Challa. They went into the negative zone and fought the Marvel Zombies (tm).
    It wasn't a bad series of comics in the aftermath of civil war - the team worked well enough. They had a playful dynamic. It was just forgotten about the moment it ended (and personally I've never cared for Queen Ororo being taken away from the X-men for Black Panther stuff but I get it was a big deal at the time.)
    background.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    No, because becoming an Avenger would be like going from being in the Pride march to watching the Pride march with a badge and baton.
    Sometimes I feel like some X-fans have created some kind of parallel Avengers in their heads for the sole purpose to hate on them... like the really, really, really want a human supremacist superhero group to pit against the X-Men, and they have invented their own Bootleg Avengers to fill that niche...

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    No, because becoming an Avenger would be like going from being in the Pride march to watching the Pride march with a badge and baton.
    To protect the parade, obviously!
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Oh yeah, you are right. Or maybe because Beast was so unlikable that I refuse to bring up his name.

Also, Cable and Deadpool are honestly not that bad on the team though Deadpool kept stealing the spotlight from various characters.
    Read those old comics, they're wonderful. Beast and Wonder man were cooler than Sammy and Dean. Classic Avengers beast was charming and fun, and his bromance with Simon (his absolute best friend even though modern writers don't do their damn diligence and research this stuff) was one of the best depictions of male friendship in comics. I miss their dynamic.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Read those old comics, they're wonderful. Beast and Wonder man were cooler than Sammy and Dean. Classic Avengers beast was charming and fun, and his bromance with Simon (his absolute best friend even though modern writers don't do their damn diligence and research this stuff) was one of the best depictions of male friendship in comics. I miss their dynamic.
    https://www.syfy.com/sites/syfy/file...05d5677-1.jpeg
    I know, right?! Still LOVE how their friendship began. First, Henry has a bit of trouble fitting-in with the rest of the team.
    Then suddenly, Simon shows up & they don't quite hit-it-off (due to mind-control shenanigans):

But as time went on, they start working together & form a bond...

Until, they finally become BFFs (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-20-2022 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

There are time where mutants have joined different teams that consist of heroes that have no X-genes:

- Rogue once lead the "Uncanny Avengers" from 2014 to 2017.
    - Storm, Cannonball, Sunspot and Wolverine have also joined with the Avengers at one point.
    - The X-Men academy students also collaborate with the Avengers Academy.
    - Spider-Man once join with X-students for an adventure.
    - The depowered mutants once join with the New Warrior, led by Night Thrasher.

Do you think some mutants deserve to get their spotlight outside of the X-books?
    There are no comfort zones for mutants.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

There are time where mutants have joined different teams that consist of heroes that have no X-genes:

- Rogue once lead the "Uncanny Avengers" from 2014 to 2017.
    - Storm, Cannonball, Sunspot and Wolverine have also joined with the Avengers at one point.
    - The X-Men academy students also collaborate with the Avengers Academy.
    - Spider-Man once join with X-students for an adventure.
    - The depowered mutants once join with the New Warrior, led by Night Thrasher.

Do you think some mutants deserve to get their spotlight outside of the X-books?
    Yes. They should. Magik appeared in Savage Avengers and teaches at the Strange Academy.

Madelyne Pryor is teaming up with Ben Reilly in Dark Web. More mutants should step out of their comfort zone.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    My meaning is mutants should appear outside of the X-books.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    My meaning is mutants should appear outside of the X-books.
    Well, once upon a time that was exactly what the X-Men were all about -- co-existence in a world that feared and hated mutants.

X-Men #1 September 1963 -- Topic-related frames

Then, Charles Francis Xavier's dream "mutated" and transformed into a one-size fits all Social Allegory...

Now, I support progress, enlightenment, and all that goes with it (and, no I'm not pointing fingers here) but, the story, plot, and the initial premise of the X-Men were clearly laid out day one for the reader well before "X-Men #1" ever hit the stands and or mailboxes. Fast forward some 60 years and new younger readers are expected to read between the lines (so to speak) because "Social Allegory" demands that there is something deeper that is tied to other concepts such as love, greed, and envy. Moreover, "Social Allegory", also insists that one replaces the "Suspension of Belief" with "In Real Life" representation, political systems, and institutions such as NWO government, education, law and order, religious morals, critical race thinking, and pure logic while enjoying something that is supposed to unreal or impossible in waking reality.

Today, 99.999% of mutantdom are staunch Xenophobes who now embrace and revel in secure, genetic isolation while hypocritically placing mutant-only transit gates around the globe...

My name is a mutant name because it belongs to me. And, if the Flatscans want it back... They can wear it on their tombstones.

—Fabian Cortez
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-21-2022 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Link(s) and Pic(s) added.

Mighty Member

I've always been on the side of let certain mutants step out of the X-line.

Not necessarily the big boys who'll always get cache. But the second or third rungers who most days just get to be wall paper.

A strong run on an outside team can really raise a character's cache.

Would Sunspot be where he is now if not for his several years on the Avengers? I really don't think so.

Also would definitively say that the young Avengers and adjacent groups have used Prodigy a million times more than the X-men ever did.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tũn View Post
    the question is why should they leave their heaven to join the others flop and hypocrite teams?
    Firestar was a founding member of New Warriors. She had more development in that book than she has had in X-Men.
    She on the Avengers-same thing.

What are the Academy kids and others really benefitting from? Being in the background and being underdeveloped.

So undeveloped that the first mutant in MCU is someone built up as an INHUMAN (instead of keeping the first choice of being a mutant) with way more solo issues than every single teen and mutant of color.

This mindset of all mutants must be here so they can watch the soap opera of Scott, Jean, Emma, Logan & Kitty-because editorial is so SCARED that those hypocrite teams will do a better job with the tons of mutants they neglect.

What if the Bat Office thought like that? And kept Harley and Robin out of Suicide Squad, Young Justice and Teen Titans.

That is not good business.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tũn View Post
    the question is why should they leave their heaven to join the others flop and hypocrite teams?
    Because it'd be less editorially boring for mutants to only be on X-books. Thats why hope the Kamala thing sticks, itd be fun to have a mutant who's not lockstep with the X-books MO

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Firestar was a founding member of New Warriors. She had more development in that book than she has had in X-Men.
    She on the Avengers-same thing.

What are the Academy kids and others really benefitting from? Being in the background and being underdeveloped.

So undeveloped that the first mutant in MCU is someone built up as an INHUMAN (instead of keeping the first choice of being a mutant) with way more solo issues than every single teen and mutant of color.

This mindset of all mutants must be here so they can watch the soap opera of Scott, Jean, Emma, Logan & Kitty-because editorial is so SCARED that those hypocrite teams will do a better job with the tons of mutants they neglect.

What if the Bat Office thought like that? And kept Harley and Robin out of Suicide Squad, Young Justice and Teen Titans.

That is not good business.
    Good point here, very good point, with all these mutant a lot of known, potentially usable, characters even outside usual mutant teams well end up being just nice cameos at best, background dressage at worst.