Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What does this have to do with current X-Men?
    trying to gauge the levels of "progress and enlightenment" that preambled their post.

Dont ever undermine me again Triniking

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Rent-free is right cuz the X-Men aren't brought up as much in Avengers threads.
    I would assume that X-Men would generally only get brought up with annoyance 'cause of Thor fans and their annoyance over Aaron's retcons about who his mommy is lol.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Because it'd be less editorially boring for mutants to only be on X-books. Thats why hope the Kamala thing sticks, itd be fun to have a mutant who's not lockstep with the X-books MO
    What the hell? Is Marvel retconning Kamala into a mutant? That's silly if so lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Rogue has unironically had more focus and was involved in more events with the Avengers office than the X-Office in the last decade.

But we had so many people crying to have Rogue back and for what? >_> I don't see the amazing storyline opportunities she's been given since back.
    Duggan's X-Men had a nice opportunity with the idea of her interacting with Destiny, and on the one issue that could've happened, most of the interaction Destiny had was with, Gambit... So that was a weird missed opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    No more retcons, please! Kamala is fine as she is, don't make a mess of the character!
    I agree, it's like Marvel tried to erase Inhumans like it never exist in the first place.

Unfortunately, the silo that is the X-Men franchise at Marvel and the editorial staff that run it really don't like sharing their toys. I've seen it time and again that if a mutant is created in some other book, they eventually get absorbed by the Xbooks and wind up as wallpaper and nothing more. There's so little interaction with the wider MU at this point it that sometimes feels like a parallel universe/dimension.

And the idea that Devaishwarya floated about having other superpowered folks on X-Teams is a great idea, as it would naturally bring with it links to the wider MU that have nothing to do with mutants. Unfortunately, that has even less of a chance of happening. From the editorial side they want to maximize the number of popular mutants on a team, writers want to use their favorites/key characters, etc... A human, Kree, Mindless One, etc... would be seen as "taking up a slot". From the fan perspective that's one less spot on a team their favorite mutant can occupy, and a sentiment I've seen repeatedly in X-fandom spaces is "I read X-Men to read about mutants."

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    I agree, it's like Marvel tried to erase Inhumans like it never exist in the first place.
    Eternals are next.

Be ready for death of the Eternals in early 2024.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    No more retcons, please! Kamala is fine as she is, don't make a mess of the character!
    It's telling that Franklin Richards was reconned into not being a mutant at a time where mutants have had a bigger push. He was the most powerful mutant, along with Wanda, and they aren't making them mutants. Instead of keeping legacy mutants as mutants, they're going to use an inhuman to replace a mutant in the MCU and add her to the mutant roster in comics.

It's ironic because we won't be getting Kitty or Jubilee as an entrance to the world of mutants, but someone who ended up having inhuman lore as part of her character. I know the writer had thought she would be a mutant, but she ended up writing a convoluted Terrigensis story being born again in her true body with inhuman family members in the comics that they're going to retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Eternals are next.

Be ready for death of the Eternals in early 2024.
    I'm ready. I just hope it isn't Cates this time. Their "Death of" story should be that the Celestials find them unworthy and choose the mutants. Making the eternals mortal, like in Pinocchio. Like that they could be happy and live their lives like the humans they swore to protect.
    Last edited by Force de Phenix; 07-26-2022 at 09:02 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I'm ready. I just hope it isn't Cates this time. Their "Death of" story should be that the Celestials find them unworthy and choose the mutants. Making the eternals mortal, like in Pinocchio. Like that they could be happy and live their lives like the humans they swore to protect.
    That functionally ignores the narratives of both groups.

Especially since a big part of Eternals is finding themselves in spite of Gods edicts. Having the Celestials just give them a new purpose just narratively undermines them.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    That functionally ignores the narratives of both groups.

Especially since a big part of Eternals is finding themselves in spite of Gods edicts. Having the Celestials just give them a new purpose just narratively undermines them.
    Well, it won't be the first time a writer functionally ignores the narrative of a group. Look at the X-Men now. What they were fighting for for the past 55 years was undermined and their efforts were failures. They basically adopted what their arch-villains preached all this time.
    Last edited by Force de Phenix; 07-26-2022 at 11:14 AM.

Spectacular Member

I’d love it if Nightcrawler joined the Avengers for a time. At worst, he’d be a secondary character just like he is now, except he’d forge new relationships that might payoff later on.

Right now, his story isn’t evolving. He’s just facilitating other storylines, usually the quirkier ones, and making observations and quips. The major plots are seemingly reserved for Wolverine, Cyclops, Professor X, and Magneto.

He seems to be a component in Judgement Day, but it could be he’s just there for pained expressions when one of the above is harmed.

I will never understand this obsession with people wanting mutants outside of the X line or X books its so weird to me

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I will never understand this obsession with people wanting mutants outside of the X line or X books its so weird to me
    For me it's like, why confine them to this one corner of the universe? I think it's nice when all the little franchises interact. (Outside of event crossovers because ew, no.) It makes sense for them to appear in other books, it's cool to see characters make friends with the rest of the world. It can flesh characters out more, like Artie and Leech being Franklin's best friends.

Idk, I just think it's fun and nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

^^^Until they become heroes again, I’d rather they just stay in their corner of the comic rack.

In general though, why WOULDN'T you (the Royal you) want the characters to interact w. others? Beast as an Avenger and a Defender, Iceman and Angel as Champions, Wolverine as an Avenger, part of the new FF…these were good times.

Segregation is silly.

When mutants are outside of X-books, the whole mutant thing is tossed out the window and they just become regular human mutates storywise. There's a lot of baggage being in an X-franchise book. The rest of the Marvel Universe has dynamic stories and characters. The X-Men books are monotone a lot of the time, so it's nice to see mutants interact with non-mutant characters because it makes them more real.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    For me it's like, why confine them to this one corner of the universe? I think it's nice when all the little franchises interact. (Outside of event crossovers because ew, no.) It makes sense for them to appear in other books, it's cool to see characters make friends with the rest of the world. It can flesh characters out more, like Artie and Leech being Franklin's best friends.

Idk, I just think it's fun and nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Until they become heroes again, I’d rather they just stay in their corner of the comic rack.

In general though, why WOULDN'T you (the Royal you) want the characters to interact w. others? Beast as an Avenger and a Defender, Iceman and Angel as Champions, Wolverine as an Avenger, part of the new FF…these were good times.

Segregation is silly.
    I don't buy every book in marvel so I don't need to see them in books where they are not the focus. Like Strange Academy is book I buy no mutants involved except for like a cameo from time to time. Different books have different focuses

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    When mutants are outside of X-books, the whole mutant thing is tossed out the window and they just become regular human mutates storywise. There's a lot of baggage being in an X-franchise book. The rest of the Marvel Universe has dynamic stories and characters. The X-Men books are monotone a lot of the time, so it's nice to see mutants interact with non-mutant characters because it makes them more real.
    If you want just regular human super heroes I don't see why you are reading X books. Mutants are not just a hero team. That X gene is a burden that they carry with them through all their lives not a costume that can just come on and off.

It's very odd that you want them to just act like they are like everyone else when the whole point of mutants is that they are not treated like everyone else because of their X gene