Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Seeing some odd comparisons-cum-false narratives, in attempts yet again... to make it an either/or situation, as if there's no such thing as a:

anymore, as there always has been, BECAUSE:

FYI, Marvel & the X-office themselves believe the 'allegory' is flawed and are operating as such. I mean, haven't you noticed how the "themes" of AoXM's universe were carried over into the Krakoan age? In that mutants can use their abilities for other things than combat & fighting? I personally am of 2 minds as to why, 1... violence is bad, so it's a messaging thing re. peaceful resolution. The other, [FX] economizing, when it comes to future forays into other media.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    You can easily compare them to the LGBT community. Are they not discriminated against even though you don't know who could be a part of that community?

That's why I said your view of mutants and super power beings is shallow cause you are only looking at appearances and that only tells part of the story of mutants and why you saying Hulk has the same burdens as mutants is crazy.

oh dear mutants having a place that they can be safe from persecution live rent free and enjoy their life yes sooooo problematic
    But that's the thing. The LGBTQI+ community exists in the Marvel Universe. So you can't compare having a superpower to being a member of that community. There can be humans that are gay, and I wouldn't put that below mutant discrimination.

It's not a safe space as much as it is a nation that forbid people of different species.

There are far too many awesome X-characters and too few X-titles to feature even a fraction of them. Of course I want more mutants to show up in other books.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    But that's the thing. The LGBTQI+ community exists in the Marvel Universe. So you can't compare having a superpower to being a member of that community. There can be humans that are gay, and I wouldn't put that below mutant discrimination.
    Not all Mutants are Magneto or Storm. The majority of mutants have Epsilon level mutations. Also who put one under the other? You just said it couldn't be compared to a real life group because "people can't tell the difference between mutants and other super heroes"

so I gave you a clear example of a marginalized group that you can't tell who is a part of that group on sight yet still face persecution

It's not a safe space as much as it is a nation that forbid people of different species.
    It's 2022 and yall still saying these disingenuous statements. Let's start this from the top then

1. Mutants get citizenship on Krakoa
    2 Other species are allowed on Krakoa if they are with a citizen ( Kid Gladiator , Juggernaut , Northstar's husband, etc)

I can't just walk into a nation that I am not a citizen of without proper paper work yet some how Krakoa is bad

3. Krakoa is a sentient being. A big sentient being but still sentient. He can allow who ever he wants on his personal body that he wants. This idea that humans or any other species has a right to be on Krakoa mutant or otherwise is false. If Krakoa chose tomorrow he doesn't want anyone living on him then boom everyone is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix;
    You're literally the only one doing that
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfish;
    There are far too many awesome X-characters and too few X-titles to feature even a fraction of them. Of course I want more mutants to show up in other books.
    I meeean this is also true lol
    Quote Originally Posted by [COLOR=#3E3E3E
    Outburstz[/COLOR];]Not all Mutants are Magneto or Storm. The majority of mutants have Epsilon level mutations. Also who put one under the other? You just said it couldn't be compared to a real life group because "people can't tell the difference between mutants and other super heroes"

so I gave you a clear example of a marginalized group that you can't tell who is a part of that group on sight yet still face persecution
    Its like they really just don't want to acknowledge basic truths
    Quote Originally Posted by
    [COLOR=#3E3E3E
    Outburstz[/COLOR];]It's 2022 and yall still saying these disingenuous statements. Let's start this from the top then

2 Other species are allowed on Krakoa if they are with a citizen ( Kid Gladiator , Juggernaut , Northstar's husband, etc)

I can't just walk into a nation that I am not a citizen of without proper paper work yet some how Krakoa is bad

3. Krakoa is a sentient being. A big sentient being but still sentient. He can allow who ever he wants on his personal body that he wants. This idea that humans or any other species has a right to be on Krakoa mutant or otherwise is false. If Krakoa chose tomorrow he doesn't want anyone living on him then boom everyone is gone.
    The entitlement of some people extend even to fictional places
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Not all Mutants are Magneto or Storm. The majority of mutants have Epsilon level mutations. Also who put one under the other? You just said it couldn't be compared to a real life group because "people can't tell the difference between mutants and other super heroes"

It's 2022 and yall still saying these disingenuous statements. Let's start this from the top then

Krakoa discrimination isn't excused by him being a mutant. People who compare mutants with minorities are basically belittling what it is to be a human minority, and it's insulting at this point. You're defending a portal that would reject a BIPOC LGBTQI+ person for being human and not knowing a mutant that could get them in. It's belittling and problematic period.

Hopefully they change that soon because human minorities shouldn't be treated like the enemies of mutants.

Hopefully they change that soon because human minorities shouldn't be treated like the enemies of mutants.
    From a political point of view, it’s not about being a good or a bad person… Besides, are members of minorities necessarily good people (and only them)? And mutants on Krakoa, some of them are far from being good people…

No, the political choice that has been made is dubious in itself: considering humans as potential enemies/vassals… It’s schoking that the X-men are part of that because they considered themselves as humans and it’s their heritage: they are cutting themselves of a part of what they are… or were.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Krakoa discrimination isn't excused by him being a mutant. People who compare mutants with minorities are basically belittling what it is to be a human minority, and it's insulting at this point. You're defending a portal that would reject a BIPOC LGBTQI+ person for being human and not knowing a mutant that could get them in. It's belittling and problematic period.

Yeah, that's problematic. They equate Mutants to discriminated minorities, and humans to bigots... but the problem is, every real discriminated minority, from Afro-Americans to Mexicans, from Gays to Transgender people, from people with disabilities to neurodivergent people... they are all human, which means that, in the MU, these minorities are horrible bigots who hate poor Mutants and should be punished for it...

I think it would be better if Marvel had framed everything as victims of discrimination vs racist aggressors, rather than an outright racial war between mutants and humans... Because that is how they have framed it... you can be a literal Nazi, a genocidal monster, a slaver, a rapist, an eugenicist mass murderer, but if you have a x-gene, you are with the good guys, while all the people with disabilities, all the real racial minorities, all the LGBTQI... are folded together with the horrible, horrible humans...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    From a political point of view, it’s not about being a good or a bad person… Besides, are members of minorities necessarily good people (and only them)? And mutants on Krakoa, some of them are far from being good people…

No, the political choice that has been made is dubious in itself: considering humans as potential enemies/vassals… It’s schoking that the X-men are part of that because they considered themselves as humans and it’s their heritage: they are cutting themselves of a part of what they are… or were.
    SO MUCH of this, *these days*...

from both the fandumbs, and frankly, the companies themselves. Which is a recipe for disaster, as nobody's gonna be happy... with the unrecognizable little, that'll be left.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    I think it would be better if Marvel had framed everything as victims of discrimination vs racist aggressors, rather than an outright racial war between mutants and humans... Because that is how they have framed it... you can be a literal Nazi, a genocidal monster, a slaver, a rapist, an eugenicist mass murderer, but if you have a x-gene, you are with the good guys, while all the people with disabilities, all the real racial minorities, all the LGBTQI... are folded together with the horrible, horrible humans...
    But you can be a member of a minority and be racist, without any problem. And members of different minorities don’t necessarily consider they have a kinship…

What made the comics of the past superior to the current comics is that people could change their mind and move from a category to another… But, well, if you have or haven’t a X-gene and if it means so much in the X-men’s universe now… things are static and uninteresting from my point of view.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Agreed

And then you lost me xD

Mutants are free to go to what ever nation they want. They can chill in Krakoa in the morning go hang in New York for lunch and go sleep in Arrako. This idea that they have to choose between being a human vs being a mutant is in your brain.

The mutants simply understand that being a mutant within these human societies have been incredibly dangerous(please don't make me list all the examples)

Krakoa is a way that mutants who have fought each other in factions for so long thus making them very vulnerable to these different human attacks can finally work together for the mutual benefit of all mutants. Because they are clearly stronger together then separate.

Yeah, that's problematic. They equate Mutants to discriminated minorities, and humans to bigots... but the problem is, every real discriminated minority, from Afro-Americans to Mexicans, from Gays to Transgender people, from people with disabilities to neurodivergent people... they are all human, which means that, in the MU, these minorities are horrible bigots who hate poor Mutants and should be punished for it...
    Oh yeah the mutants sure are punishing those human by not letting them on Krakoa. Never mind that they gave them drugs to extend their lives. NOPE they are punished for not being given things that were never theirs nor have a right to in the first place

That makes even less sense considering the points of view that you guys hold I thought you guys would be opposed to a whole race or group of people thinking the same way.

Hell you guys complained like hell that not enough mutants were opposing Krakoa in other threads

And once again Krakoa is not a super hero nation. It is a mutant nation. Being a part of Krakoa doesn't mean you are a good person or a bad person. That's like saying if I'm American I must be a good guy and if you are Russian you are a bad person.

Mighty Member

How the hell did we get to the worth of X-books as allegory comics?

Also worth pointing out that the eugenist mass murderer gave himself the X-gene, wasn't born with it, and somehow that equates to him being like any other mutant despite using stolen DNA for that, because Sinister being in Krakoa by itself isn't questionable enough I guess lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    How the hell did we get to the worth of X-books as allegory comics?
    All threads lead here
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

As a *insert various letters* person I can tell you its not. Unless you claim to know of my experiences and therefore better to speak on them...which is problematic. I can say that if anyone could/should be able to understand the need to be around people who have more things in common with you than not its *insert various letters* people . When i lived in the city i linked up with a group of black/brown gays and every night we hung out I commented how cool that was Not saying i feel uncomfortable around my white hetero friends. Like family with some of them but There was a sense of a weight I never noticed being lifted. Not having to worry about someone saying something 'crazy' or having to explain something, micro aggressive questions, fake smile after an off color remark
    *siiigh*
    Seems like you're implying its okay the mutants "discriminate" against the human majority...Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Also worth pointing out that the eugenist mass murderer gave himself the X-gene, wasn't born with it, and somehow that equates to him being like any other mutant despite using stolen DNA for that, because Sinister being in Krakoa by itself isn't questionable enough I guess lol.
    I meeean his body count ain't higher than Quicksilvers sister and shes an Avenger, +That was a cloned non-mutant Sinister
    Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    All threads lead here
    LMAO!!!
    Last edited by BroHomo; 07-29-2022 at 07:29 PM.
    GrindrStone(D)