View Poll Results: Were you disappointed in Halloween Ends?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Total let down

5 62.50%
  • I enjoyed it

3 37.50%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Ends

Default Halloween Ends

Not sure I'd call that a trailer anyway looks like it's going to suck like the last 2 at least something like Resurrection is bad in a stupid campy fun way this is just stupid in a stupid way.

Halloween Ends
    Yes please, haven't we suffered enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Yes please, haven't we suffered enough?
    More like Halloween exits.

I cant wait for this movie!

Not to see it but just so this train wreck will end.

And the Saga ends.... Until 2028 when we have no ideas and do another reboot/sequel
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Default Halloween Ends

I didn't see a thread for this. Did anyone like this I thought it was stupid but entertaining at least best of the 3 new ones but that's not saying much because they are all pretty bad but at least they didn't say evil dies tonight over and over what did you guys think about Corey Cunningham? And do you think there's going to be another movie? Boy I'm glad this is the last blumhouse Halloween movie.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I cant wait for this movie!

Not to see it but just so this train wreck will end.

And the Saga ends.... Until 2028 when we have no ideas and do another reboot/sequel
    Well this is the end of the Blumhouse trilogy then the rights revert back to Malek Akkad. So, yeah, probably about that time we'll get a typical, Michael stalking a sibling/relative Halloween movie.

That said, I liked it. And I'll probably be in the minority on that, but, well, it was better than Kills was. This is also one of those movies where you can't talk about the synopsis without spoiling it. To that end:

spoilers:
    The movie opens with the "next" Michael in Corey Cunningham, a teenager who accidentally killed the kid he was babysitting around the time of 2018/Kills. Fast forward four years later, he's the town pariah since he got off (or got a lighter sentence I forget which). His mother later explains to Laurie that once Laurie failed to "end" Myers her son became the new town boogeyman. This is also how the rest of the town sees Laurie now: she had her chance to end Myers and didn't so their misery is all her fault. Well, except Hawkins whose crush on her seems to have grown.

I don't mind them setting him up to be the new Myers/The Shape, its just...I don't think it was a good idea to make all of his victims unsympathetic a-holes. He literally went after the kids who tried to kill him by knocking him off a bridge. His stepdad/mom's boyfriend (don't think the movie made it clear which he was) was killed by the ringleader of those kids who tried to kill him (suddenly stood in the way when the kid tried to shoot Corey). The only person who didn't deserve it, maybe the doctor (Allyson's boss) and Laurie herself (he attempted to kill her, didn't work).

But I'm getting ahead of myself. After the, again, attempted murder of Corey being knocked over a bridge, he's "rescued" by Myers who is apparently living as a hermit there. Corey wakes up, tries to escape, Myers grabs him...then looks into his eyes. Somehow he "sees" the trauma of Corey killing that kid and then lets him go.

He starts dating Allyson, who just wants to get out of town and away from her grandmother, whom she lives with now. But as they get closer, Corey goes back to the bridge/tunnel where Michael lives to get lessons on how to be a killer. But Michael is a feeble old man now, or rather as per the last movie, he's only as strong as his most current kills. Corey leads a police officer that was harassing him and Allyson on a date (another unsympathetic a-hole, upset Allyson chose Corey over him) to the tunnel so he and Michael can kill him together.

Laurie, who introduced Corey to Allison in the first place, slowly starts to see he's something akin to Michael and warns Allison to leave him alone. It then comes down to a battle between Corey and Laurie, and later Laurie and Michael.
    end of spoilers

Its not perfect, and I think this is one of the few Halloween movies where Michael's on-screen presence is truncated severely...but I'd watch it again. The final fight between Michael and Laurie, while short, was pretty good and (to me) cathartic.

The third in the new trilogy. And it would seem they totally forgot there own lore and story from the one that came before. Remember when Michael took out a whole armed mob? Yeah forget about that and, we don't even see Michael kill any one until almost an hour of the film is up. This was a horrible close to the triligy that seem ok in the first two movies it like they had no clue were they were going after the 2nd one. And the homage to Christine (1983 film)? Not needed, Halloween stands on it own with out having to draw from other Carpenter movies. I'd much rather watch Busta Rhymes kung fu fighting than this mess.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    The third in the new trilogy. And it would seem they totally forgot there own lore and story from the one that came before. Remember when Michael took out a whole armed mob? Yeah forget about that and, we don't even see Michael kill any one until almost an hour of the film is up. This was a horrible close to the triligy that seem ok in the first two movies it like they had no clue were they were going after the 2nd one. And the homage to Christine (1983 film)? Not needed, Halloween stands on it own with out having to draw from other Carpenter movies. I'd much rather watch Busta Rhymes kung fu fighting than this mess.
    Ok that was TOO harsh!

I wouldn't mind seeing a direct sequel to that though. You wouldn't even need Curtis, just Josh Hartnett.

Alright here's my personal ranking for all 13 Halloween movies. And I make no apologies for how high I rank Season of the Witch, I love that movie and watch it at least once a year

Halloween
    Halloween 2018
    Halloween H20
    Halloween III: Season of the Witch
    Rob Zombie's Halloween
    Halloween II
    Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers
    Halloween Ends
    Halloween Resurrection
    Rob Zombie's Halloween 2
    Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers
    Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers (either cut, really)
    Halloween Kills

This is Dr. Wolfula's review of Halloween Kills at the 40-minute mark he has a good reason why Michael could kill the mob.

https://youtu.be/kp9OrJtLcbc

My ranking of the films.

1: John Carpenter's Halloween.
    2: Halloween 4 Return of Michael Myers (My 1st Halloween film I have a soft spot for it.).
    3: H2O.
    4: Halloween (2018).
    5: Halloween Ends.
    6: Halloween Kills.
    7: Halloween III Season of the Witch.
    8: Halloween II.
    9: Rob Zombie's Halloween (Theatrical Cut, I prefer the Guard escape vs the rape scene).
    10: Halloween 5 The Revenge of Michael Myers.
    11: Rob Zombie's Halloween 2.
    12: Halloween Resurrection.
    13: Halloween 6 The Curse of Michael Myers (Either Cut).

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    This is Dr. Wolfula's review of Halloween Kills at the 40-minute mark he has a good reason why Michael could kill the mob.

https://youtu.be/kp9OrJtLcbc
    That was pretty good, and looking at his review for ends, he was pretty fair toward it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2tBvi-0XSc

9: Rob Zombie's Halloween (Theatrical Cut, I prefer the Guard escape vs the rape scene).
    Wait what? I don't remember a rape scene, guess I only saw the Theatrical Cut then. Didn't realize Zombie's Halloween movie had different cut. I wish there was a better cut for his sequel...

The film's focus was some idiot disturbed kid (IDK) and Laurie Strode (LS) and her philosophical thoughts about the nature of evil.

The IDK was somewhat charismatic and a decent actor, at least. But half the movie is about IDK's slow descent into madness and the other half the movie was Laurie Strode's granddaughter trying to jump IDK's bones because she hates her grandma. Meanwhile Michael Meyers was offscreen living in the sewer like swamp thing, startling people who came his way and being a kind of fool on the hill mentor to IDK. Finally IDK gets killed off by Laurie and Michael, like any good sewer-dwelling mentor, exits the sewer to take revenge. Laurie wins after an encounter that feels like it lasted for two minutes. The tow carries him out to the local car-wrecking place and sticks his probably alive body into the car squisher thing. The end.

Halloween Ends was a decent flick as long as you don't mind a romance and philosophy focus in a Halloween movie and like lots of narration.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 10-20-2022 at 03:53 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    That was pretty good, and looking at his review for ends, he was pretty fair toward it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2tBvi-0XSc

Wait what? I don't remember a rape scene, guess I only saw the Theatrical Cut then. Didn't realize Zombie's Halloween movie had different cut. I wish there was a better cut for his sequel...
    In the Director's cut a new hire with his cousin takes a female patient into Michael's room and taunts Michael as the take turns on her. Michael snaps and kills them and escapes. It's just something I don't want to watch.