Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I hope the mutants will emerge fiercer and stronger (That will be great) if a little less in numbers but I really could do without the 4-month slog to get there.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    This is a banger opening. Intriguing, propulsive, shocking. All components—the writing, story, art, colors, and lettering—are pitch-perfect. Also, there are multiple recently introduced and longstanding conflicts between various individuals, teams, and factions for Gillen to explore here. And while some fans may worry that certain groups and characters may be getting shafted, I have faith in Gillen and the writers he's working with, specifically Ewing and Duggan, to use this story to ultimately be in service of all the characters involved, making them stronger and all the more complex for it. I think we're in for a real treat.

As for the current mystery surrounding Ororo's location and what exactly happened on Arrako, there are a few possibilities. First, perhaps Ororo hadn't yet left before Uranos arrived, which is why we don't see her on Krakoa. Whether any of the Red main characters perished and, if so, how many died is still unknown. A beat-up helmet, broken sunglasses, and a slew of bones don't confirm much of anything outside of there having been a battle. Secondly, although we don't see Ororo with the Quiet Council, another possibility is that she was there when the Uni-Mind attacked and simply got knocked out. Finally, the only characters shown in their astral forms during the telepathic battle are Hope and the psychics. (I believe Irene qualifies as a psychic.)

Ultimately, it seems respectful of Gillen to leave this to Ewing to divulge and explore, especially since the two are great admirers of each other's work. In either case, as I alluded to above, I think we're in for a good time and that the mutants will emerge all the fiercer and stronger for it.
    Welcome back mercury. ^_^

and what was really disrespectful was poor marrow. Her scene of the year and she's laid out. ;_:
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

This was a great starter. Thrilling, action packed, and established a lot. I enjoyed it from start to finish.

Hate what happened to Arakko. It's not shocking to see a writer do that that, but it's still disappointing. Hopefully we start to see the X-Men get some retaliation and retribution for those who were killed.

I don't know a whole lot about Uranos, but his design is very uninspired, and I wish he looked more original.

Excited for the next one.

Thinking about it more, I doubt it's a coincidence that there are 6 Hex (and the name itself gives it away) and those 6 humans are the most important folks in the entire world. Someone already spotted one of them in the crowd protesting in front of the X-Men HQ in NYC. Aside from that, the language used by The Machine that is Earth about violence seems incredibly ominous, and actually sounds similar to Uranos' lines about fragile and easy life is to snuff out.

I really enjoyed this. By that I mean, it traumatized me and I still had a good time. Kinda like bondage.

Anyway, I'm on team "really, really don't want the Arakko mutants to be dead and gone", there is so much potential for great stories in them.

I'm keen to see where this goes.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Points in favor, Ajak is finally being drawn similar to the Lebanese goddess SAlma HAYEK, one of the most beautiful women in history.

Another point to Favor Uranus is a hero eliminated how flies to a million.
    from araki overrated, how did I say the new Neos, and it showed how overrated the Omega level is lol.
    What a pity that there were no more characters there facing Uranos.

I love this , next step definitively end those pathetic resurrection protocols that take all the drama out of deaths in stories .

10/10

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Where was Jean labelled an omega tk?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Oh the latest issue was it 11 or 12 yeah, apparently duggan the guy who had her breathe easy saying that the sword station will go beyond her tk limit to control in planet sized xmen , yeah that guy, he is the same one who has Jean say nothing is tooo small or too big for her to to handle. All she has to do is get a good feel or grasp or something she was saying this to an astonished rouge who kind you is the audience stand in for that moment. And to top it all off he had rouge say they need two omega mutants with her taking Jean's power and then be astonished at how powerful her tk really is where jean confirms that it has no limit. Now I get why jean out of all the omega mutants is not an omega in two categories, I mean it's what she is kinda known for the op redhead. The omega classification was first used on one of her offspring. So makes sense they will gi with that, plus duggan needed many fans get all the way off his back for not using jean properly during the first year of his run, she had no arc, like none. Scott had trial and tribulations and jean was just there. She scared nightmare and gave orders to the team but aside that, well.
    It's almost as if duggan things being op is her lonely personality trait. Almost as of hopefully he does better in year two. So yeah she is unlimited in tk now I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I never took Rogue to accurately interpret the Omega label, yes Jean is an omega telepath,but Rogue seems to presume lifting spores by tk somehow is also 'Omega' by association when Hickman's list clearly makes only a single power able to have an omega status. In any case I doubt Rogue or even Synch can duplicate an Omega to the extreme because that extreme is unfathomable due to limitless potential, so I don't think Rogue's words carry weight.

I crosschecked and there is a moment in X-Men #4 while talking to nightmare that Jean calls herself both an omega tk and tp ,though the precedent of one power shared by two omegas is there,as the list states only one power can have an omega designation in a mutant...Then again I see Duggan writing his own designations..while cherry picking Hickman's 'characteristics'. It's why one moment Emma can see something Xavier can't in Moira and another you have Emma ringing the alarm how the QC is full of vipers with Xavier as a treacherous king Cobra out to collapse realities she has worked so hard to preserve.Like ..riiight
    And, that's my cue. Here's the thing that bugs me about Jean's (and her genetic children) dual psionic abilities. For decades Jean has been canonically classified as a Telepath/Telekinetic well before the "Mutant Power Classification Scale", became an in-story matter of both speculation and observation. Now, stay with me here while I posit a few facts up front...

1.) Jean Grey for all her ineffability has only one active X-Gene, she also only has one brain -- so if someone, oh, let's say for credibility's sake, Bennet du Paris gets the drop on Jean and knocks her out cold, (at this point I'm intentionally disregarding the dubious "MPCS") -- who wouldn't accept that as a clean win for du Paris or Jean if the shoe was on the other foot?

2.) For years after becoming Xavier's first true student -- Jean's dual psionic ability was telepathically curtailed by Xavier until such a time he deem her proficient enough with one aspect of her dual ability to extend said ability again. But, the Z'Nox attempt to invade Earth, Xavier is forced to hastily undo Jean's mental blocks, he (Xavier) mysteriously disappears from the face of the Earth leaving teen Jean to develop her ability without him. I think by now y'all know where I'm going with this so I'll skip ahead to Teen Jeen.

Time travel enters the picture --> Teen Jeen along with her teammates are plucked from their past proper by adult Hank and brought to her future proper before Xavier mind-bonked Jean and she arrives in her future with her dual ability intact --> meanwhile on Earth life goes on and stuff happens --> The Shi'ar gets wind of a Teenage Jean on Earth and piss their collective undies and agree that if Teenage Jean finds out that they murdered her entire family it will trigger Dark Phoenix Redux --> Teen Jeen is captured and transported to Sha'ir Home World, Chandalar and put on trial --> Unbeknownst to the Shi'ar Imperial Gaurd, led by a misguided Strontian named Gladiator, Teen Jeen was psionically packing --> Due to arrogance on the Strontian's part Teen Jeen telepathically learns what the Imperial Gaurd have planned for her --> Teen Jeen suddenly pulls out on the Imperial Gaurd -- but, instead of going Dark-Red -- Teen Jeen goes Hot-Pink and opens up a can of Whup Ass! -->

--> the crowd goes wild --> Kallark is down --> 1, 2, 3; 10 --> Teen Jeen has left the building!

Epilogue: After returning to Earth, Teen Jeen and her teammates prepare to return to their present proper --> Jeen has a sit-down with Uriel and Eimin and learns things --> Bodyslide by six; the O5 go home --> Poof! The Adult O5 lives and very memories are updated instantly --> Adult Jean takes out the future Apocalypse Twins before they can bring about temporal "Wreck-n-Effect".
    'nuff, said!
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-21-2022 at 05:11 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    And, that's my cue. Here's the thing that bugs me about Jean's (and her genetic children) dual psionic abilities. For decades Jean has been canonically classified as a Telepath/Telekinetic well before the "Mutant Power Classification Scale", became an in-story matter of both speculation and observation. Now, stay with me here while I posit a few facts up front... 1.) Jean Grey for all her ineffability has only one active X-Gene, she also only has one brain -- so if someone, oh, let's say for credibility's sake, Bennet du Paris gets the drop on Jean and knocks her out cold, (at this point I'm intentionally disregarding the dubious "MPCS") -- who wouldn't accept that as a clean win for du Paris or Jean if the shoe was on the other foot? 2.) For years after becoming Xavier's first true student -- Jean's dual psionic ability was telepathically curtailed by Xavier until such a time he deem her proficient enough with one aspect of her dual ability to extend said ability again. But, the Z'Nox attempt to invade Earth, Xavier is forced to hastily undo Jean's mental blocks, he (Xavier) mysteriously disappears from the face of the Earth leaving teen Jeen to develop her ability without him. I think by now y'all know where I'm going with this so I'll skip ahead to Teen Jeen --> time travel enters the picture --> Teen Jean along with her teammates are plucked from their past proper by adult Hank and brought to her future proper before Xavier mind-bonked Jean and she arrives in her future with her dual ability intact --> meanwhile on Earth life goes on and stuff happens --> The Shi'ar gets wind of a Teenage Jean on Earth and piss their collective undies and agree that if Teenage Jean finds out that they murdered her entire family it will trigger Dark Phoenix Redux --> Teen Jeen is captured and transported to Sha'ir Home World, Chandalar and put on trial --> Unbeknownst to the Shi'ar Imperial Gaurd, led by a misguided Strontian named Gladiator, Teen Jeen was psionically packing --> Due to arrogance on the Strontian's part Teen Jean telepathically learns what the Imperial Gaurd have planned for her --> Teen Jean suddenly pulls out on the Imperial Gaurd -- but, instead of going Dark-Red -- Teen Jeen goes Hot-Pink and opens up a can of Whup Ass! -->

--> the crowd goes wild --> Kallark is down --> 1, 2, 3; 10 --> Teen Jeen has left the building!

Epilogue: After returning to Earth, Teen Jean and her teammates prepare to return to their present proper --> Teen has a sit-down with Uriel and Eimin and learns things --> Bodyslide by six; the O5 go home --> Poof! The Adult O5 lives and very memories are updated instantly --> Adult Jean takes out the future Apocalypse Twins before they can bring about temporal "Wreck-n-Effect".
    'nuff, said!
    Wait when did Jean fight the Apocalypse Twins?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    And, that's my cue. Here's the thing that bugs me about Jean's (and her genetic children) dual psionic abilities. For decades Jean has been canonically classified as a Telepath/Telekinetic well before the "Mutant Power Classification Scale", became an in-story matter of both speculation and observation. Now, stay with me here while I posit a few facts up front...

1.) Jean Grey for all her ineffability has only one active X-Gene, she also only has one brain -- so if someone, oh, let's say for credibility's sake, Bennet du Paris gets the drop on Jean and knocks her out cold, (at this point I'm intentionally disregarding the dubious "MPCS") -- who wouldn't accept that as a clean win for du Paris or Jean if the shoe was on the other foot?

2.) For years after becoming Xavier's first true student -- Jean's dual psionic ability was telepathically curtailed by Xavier until such a time he deem her proficient enough with one aspect of her dual ability to extend said ability again. But, the Z'Nox attempt to invade Earth, Xavier is forced to hastily undo Jean's mental blocks, he (Xavier) mysteriously disappears from the face of the Earth leaving teen Jean to develop her ability without him. I think by now y'all know where I'm going with this so I'll skip ahead to Teen Jeen.

Time travel enters the picture --> Teen Jeen along with her teammates are plucked from their past proper by adult Hank and brought to her future proper before Xavier mind-bonked Jean and she arrives in her future with her dual ability intact --> meanwhile on Earth life goes on and stuff happens --> The Shi'ar gets wind of a Teenage Jean on Earth and piss their collective undies and agree that if Teenage Jean finds out that they murdered her entire family it will trigger Dark Phoenix Redux --> Teen Jeen is captured and transported to Sha'ir Home World, Chandalar and put on trial --> Unbeknownst to the Shi'ar Imperial Gaurd, led by a misguided Strontian named Gladiator, Teen Jeen was psionically packing --> Due to arrogance on the Strontian's part Teen Jeen telepathically learns what the Imperial Gaurd have planned for her --> Teen Jeen suddenly pulls out on the Imperial Gaurd -- but, instead of going Dark-Red -- Teen Jeen goes Hot-Pink and opens up a can of Whup Ass! -->

Epilogue: After returning to Earth, Teen Jeen and her teammates prepare to return to their present proper --> Jeen has a sit-down with Uriel and Eimin and learns things --> Bodyslide by six; the O5 go home --> Poof! The Adult O5 lives and very memories are updated instantly --> Adult Jean takes out the future Apocalypse Twins before they can bring about temporal "Wreck-n-Effect".
    'nuff, said!
    You know this is a very valid point. I didn't really think about it but seeing the images and reading the argument presented it made me think every last x-man has had their memories really expanded on on their past life to let us know she got the memories of her teen self and each had scenes that made it stand out. Beast foray into magics and i feel that darker side is effecting him now. Iceman had his boyfriend aged up and his teen years acknowledged on panel time after time and used to propel him forward even angel has adopted the inner peace and hipster look his teen self had and seems more balanced because of it. But i can't think of a single stand out scene for jean that has moved forward into this era that shows how she grew from those influx of memories. Even cyclops got to acknowledge his connections with the champions and some of the time with his dad. I guess the shiar mission would have been a good chance to but i guess it does seem kind of mysterious.

Maybe jean will get that moment in judgement. I hope for at least that.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    You know this is a very valid point. I didn't really think about it but seeing the images and reading the argument presented it made me think every last x-man has had their memories really expanded on on their past life to let us know she got the memories of her teen self and each had scenes that made it stand out. Beast foray into magics and i feel that darker side is effecting him now. Iceman had his boyfriend aged up and his teen years acknowledged on panel time after time and used to propel him forward even angel has adopted the inner peace and hipster look his teen self had and seems more balanced because of it. But i can't think of a single stand out scene for jean that has moved forward into this era that shows how she grew from those influx of memories. Even cyclops got to acknowledge his connections with the champions and some of the time with his dad. I guess the shiar mission would have been a good chance to but i guess it does seem kind of mysterious.

Maybe jean will get that moment in judgement. I hope for at least that.
    I think she will in that X-Men tie in focusing on her. I BELIEVE Gillen will be writing it.

way too much Eternals focus. They are largely foreign to and do nothing for me

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I think she will in that X-Men tie in focusing on her. I BELIEVE Gillen will be writing it.
    In this situation that may be a saving grace. I think because it's war a little more emma-like but gillien being able to do all the things he may have wanted to do with a telepath which seems like a favored power.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Thanos level? Thanos without his gauntlet isn't all that powerful. Arrakko should literally have multiple Omega level mutants...
    This is a joke right? Thanos without a gauntlet was a team wrecker. He took on an Avengers team that included Mar-Vell and Thor quite easily. He took down the Starblasters without breaking a sweat. Sorry, but you're really off base here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Wait when did Jean fight the Apocalypse Twins?
    Ah, that can be witnessed in Extermination Vol 1 #5.

BANNED