Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    This issue tells me that the Avengers are going to get the short end of the stick just like in AvX.
    Did you read AvX?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post

Let’s call it Uncanny Avengers
    What about; eternal X-men?��

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Naw i'm betting on the humans getting the short end of the stick. At the end of the day every is fighting for the humans that are obviosuly selfish. According to someone the woman in the preview was crying over her loss and wanting it back but at the end there were tears of joy at the idea of the death of mutants. Eternals were made to protect humans, mutants want to live in peace with them and eternals were made to protect them, to keep them simple, from evolution to keep them infants in a universe billions of years old. Extreme emotion is all they know and they don't face the real consequences the eternals do, the mutants do, the heroes who try to protect them do and then when they want the next thing they turn on them again and act like they love them until it's time to hate them again or laugh on their graves. Humans are the true monsters of the MU and everything in it in this story stems from either the need to protect them, the need to live amongst them or the programming to preserve them as are. And then there is another section of humanity that sees that and hates their own humanity for it but would rather burn it down then leave it to what comes next.

And people were thinking doug language said something. At the end of the day the eternals cans still at least say they were programmed. humanity has no excuse. and all the insert "not all humanity" is really going to say much. truly dark time in the MU. I bet everyone will be asking themselves, "are they really worth it?"
    So perhaps the Celestials will really judge humanity and find them lacking? You may be on to something here.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Thinking about it this could actually be a good story for all the heros. Maybe refocus themselves
    Obviously humans are ready to trick themselves out to anyone who says they can put mutants or aliens in their place or humanity is the best. Especially if they are supposedly not even aware of the eternals. Maybe Thor will go to space or ironman take a long space adventure and leave humanity to for once defend themselves. To see what happens when they do have to try to show up to save their own day. Perhaps they will even be willing to sacrafrice themselves to the ever loving eternal for a "champion" I mean the future shows they were ready to do it was the phalanx.

Also if it is a case arrakians were protecting krakoans they did hold off a Thanos level threat for almost an hour without killing him. So depending on how it's presented in red could end up being an honorable thing and true strength of character an arrakians way does shift with battle. Ewing was putting the work in like the musical note groups, arrako working together etc.

Maybe all the heroes will finally be free because it does always come down to be trashed for saving people not worth it. Saving villains.
    He'll come flying out of this town
    A resignation superman
    And today the bad guys win
    'Cause he turned his cape in
    Now, he says
    And I'll turn my back on this world
    Yes I'll turn my eyes from this world
    Oh well...
    Yes he's tired of fighting in this town
    All the suffering and vice
    He wants to fall in love
    Maybe settle in and live a life
    Oh I want to believe in you now that I'm suffering
    Oh Lord, I need to receive your hand in my heart
    And he keeps an eye upon this town
    The resignation superman
    He'll keep himself amused
    With the evening news
    Oh my...
    Now I broke my back on this world
    Now I'll wash my hands of this world
    Oh I want to believe in you now that I'm suffering
    Oh Lord, I need to receive your hand in my heart

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Yeah, but given what they said in the last issue of X-men Red it sort off goes against what they want given their stance on death and resurrection, also we don't know if the entire leadership is dead only Magneto so far. I mean Isca given her powers would not be dead...unless she is and that really sends a message. At most i think good chunk of the populace and some of the leadership got killed.

Either way i hope Ewing delivers on his side of what went down and shows in his own way just what did Uranos did in just one hour.
    If Isca has a death wish like Magneto, then dying would be winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Out of like 37 issues only about 8 are non X-centric so that should be a clue that Avengers aren't the focus here and therefore will be at the back of the line for the medal awards.
    37 issues. Hot damn!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    My potential ending that I can see coming is the Deus ex Machina with a twist ending. The Celestials arrive, with Judgement imminent. Despite all efforts, they can't be stopped, and their Judgement is....you have been found wanting. In those seemingly final moments with Druig and his faction celebrating, Eternals start discorporating. It wasn't mutants and humans who were found wanting....
    It’s a good theory

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Fictional precognition always seems to have the same weakness. It's always fuzzy around the details of the precog's own death.
    Unlike non-fictional precognition?

Unlike non-fictional precognition?
    They know how it ends for them, every detail. That's why they have so much while living.
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    No.

Eternal Kill Mode is for ACTUAL excess deviation. Most Super powered people (including mutants) don't have enough deviant dna to trigger excess deviation.
    Isn't excess deviation from mutants the reason for Judgment Day, I knows thats what Druig is pushing and he did get the thumbs up from the Uni-Mind ?.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Throw that definition away, an omega level is now defined as a mutant with no limit, none, Nada. Probably the problem for magneto is his body bot being avke to handle that amount of power, doesnt mean he has an upper limit to is power specifically. Kinda like the body of the car and the engine dont match the engine is infinite and can power forever but the car will eventually breakdown at some point due to the body being weak. It was demonstrated again with bobby who when he pushed himself beyond cold itself and froze reality it had an effect on his body and mind. Duggan and JD white basically have stated on panel and in interviews that omega basically means no upper limit. Ewing also stated in an interview or so that omega means no limit. And I get you reality warping is an already horribly broken ability then you are omega on top of that and well ultimate power right there. But I guess it's easier for us to imagine a jaime be unlimited than let's say a bobby or a magneto. But from what bobby displayed by literally freezing reality itself, yeah the hierarchy is not soo clearcut like we think.
    No limit or no *known* limit?

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Because the mutants didn’t ask him to join in their hubris lol.

But on this first issue I don’t really see a big deal with how everything went down. The opening salvo to any event is always bombastic and heavy on the chaos to set up the heroes’ eventual win. They get defeated in the first issue or two and struggle midway until they pull through by the end. Uranos killing a bunch of Arakki doesn’t prevent Storm and her allies from launching a major counterattack and with resurrection so embedded in this current era, wide scale death isn’t something I’d get too upset about. There’s a good chance most of the mutants killed come back in some way (whether they like it or not is an entirely separate issue lmao).

I do agree it kinda sucks to see another Ewing title get derailed by an event so early on in its run. I remember him saying something to the effect of how that wouldn’t be a thing for XMR and yet here we are. The Arakki are cool so to see them get decimated then have to put the pieces back together is annoying, there’s no way this doesn’t give them more societal trauma and slow down whatever story Ewing had planned. These events are always wonky for sales too, hopefully XMR doesn’t lose a portion of its audience who don’t give a damn about Gillen’s story.
    Ewing was given the choice to participate or not. Obviously he chose to participate.

Astonishing Member

No upper limit I believe was the term. Either way pretty much means the same thing.

No upper limit, no known limit is more or less the most powerful non omega mutants, but omega they have no upper limit. From krakoa's main dr herself.

Screenshot_20220724-051909_Chrome.jpg

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    No upper limit, no known limit is more or less the most powerful non omega mutants, but omega they have no upper limit. From krakoa's main dr herself.

Screenshot_20220724-051909_Chrome.jpg
    That's why Soft Serve is more powerful than Cyclops