Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    I'm gonna have an "Irene Adler Moment " here I already have a pretty good idea of how this whole event is gonna shake out The X-Men and Eternals will duke it out neither really gaining a footing one way or the other the Avengers will be there to run interference so things don't get too out of control. Then this "new god" gets created instantly goes mad and decides to wipe out EVERYONE! the X-men and Eternals kiss and makeup to fight off the bigger threat which they do The End
    The new god is a celestial… so yes.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    What will the xmen do to handle the Eternals and their digimon?
    Well the mutants outnumber the Eternals 200:1, so…

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Is that the god they about to create in the opening and ending narration because a god saying "...all you understand is violence" don't sound very benevolent. Ajack's plan is going to backfire.

This issue was a strong start to the event.
    This precisely

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Somebody please put Sersi and Emma in the same team. I want to watch the fireworks...

Come on, dude has spent like half a million years locked in solitary confinement... of course is verbal skills have gone a bit rusty...
    Let’s call it Uncanny Avengers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Well the mutants outnumber the Eternals 200:1, so…
    Your average Eternal is miles stronger than your average mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    What I worry most about is the reaction of the other Celestials... if they wanted the Progenitor resurrected, they would have done it themselves... this is blasphemy at a cosmic level...
    Ooo. Good call out.

Eternals question ?, in the Avengers/X-Men free comic day issue both Ikaris and Sersi went into kill mode when an deviant was detected, will this happen when they are near the X-Men and other mutants and will they be able to deny their genetic programming ?.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Eternals question ?, in the Avengers/X-Men free comic day issue both Ikaris and Sersi went into kill mode when an deviant was detected, will this happen when they are near the X-Men and other mutants and will they be able to deny their genetic programming ?.
    No.

Eternal Kill Mode is for ACTUAL excess deviation. Most Super powered people (including mutants) don't have enough deviant dna to trigger excess deviation.

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post
    I really liked it. Thought it was a good intro to the event. I'll hold judement on the defeat of arrako til we see how this shakes out. That reminds me, is the moon still gone, or did reckoning war fix that?)

My prediction right now is Eternals and Mutants will get in a brief war, and the Xmen will have a chance to kill an/some/the eternals. The avengers will tell them to stop because they found out from Sersi what happens when an eternal is resurrected. They will use the new Celestial they build out of avengers mountain to change eternals directives so they protects humans AND mutants.

I think the narrator is the new Celestial they create. I could see this ending with a new "machine" set up on arrako and some mutants become eternals over there, or the "heroic" eternals that are separate from the society taking up home there.

I saw someone mention the Moira clones, I don't think that will come into play here. Sinister was kidnapped, and will be away from his farm for most the event. I think Gillen would have mentioned or shown it in the first issue so it didn't feel out of no where. He recapped the highlights of the eternals series, but not immortal x-men. I'm guessing Sinister likes the inevitable outcome so he doesn't bother resetting. Perhaps he gets to make his first chimera to fight eternals.

Art in this issue was great. Shocked at the destruction of the great ring. Hope Magneto comes back. Pissing off Cable isn't a great plan. Doubly pissing off Hope for attacking her family and killing her dad is also not a great plan. With Gillen writing I expect Hope to smite some eternals.

Disappointed in Krakoa's response to the attack. I thought Forge and Sage and Black Tom had all sorts of early warning systems in the atmosphere. It's like an issue of X-force. Also didn't like the "lucky we had some eggs" since redundant backups of the 5 was established back in HoX. I get they were taken by surprise, but still.
    The end of Reckoning WaR put the moon back in place. Stupid plot point to begin with.
    Last edited by ARkadelphia; 07-23-2022 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Is this Uranos stronger than these Rex?
    These Rex characters are new as I understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    The Damocles Foundation is a group of Eternals, Deviants, and humans who banded together to stop all war by creating superpowered beings to take over the world. One notable experiment of theirs was creating mutant/Deviant hybrids. They’re one of the long term villains of John Francis Moore’s X-Force run.
    At minimum, Gilgamesh is likely to be in this storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Right. But even with that side of the table not showing on panel, we don’t see her or Colossus fighting (or even KO’d anywhere). It feels…intentional that they aren’t seen in either of the initial attack points, especially since the mutant leadership were prime targets. I’m sure this will get answered but it seems like a part of the plot to not have them, especially Storm, being included for opening salvo.
    Storm is likely buried under some rubble having an attack of claustrophobia

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Kinda true the Eternals are just straight up trashy evil at this point I guess.
    *Most* Eternals

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    Also always gonna laugh at anybody who thought this wasn't arrakko's end point.

The moment they went over a year without telling us anything notable about them, told me exactly how much they care about them.
    But there’s an entire currently running book that focuses on them, so…

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    She maybe teleported way or hid, because the Eternals have no use for Isca.
    Here’s the irony of the whole issue: while the Arrakki CAN be resuscitated, they choose not to be. So there really was no reason for Druig to go after them. He could have used all forces against Krakoa and done more damage that way.