Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    Uggggg. I can’t believe they’ve got him with the curl. That’s not a good look to me but whatever. I love MOS but I was ready to move on with Coates movie. I hope they do something good with Cavill back.
    Coates movie ain't happening.It's too bad really.But,parts of the movie might retooled for henry.have you watched justice league gods and monsters...I think lor-zod is gonna be a superman you will like.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Concept art involving Superman made for Dwayne Johnson and his team:

"Few years back wanting to push forward ideas for the future of Superman (man of tomorrow) we kept Henry and Superman even when on the surface it didn't look good for Superman. We never stopped. Welcome back Henry."

https://twitter.com/Bosslogic/status...79414205677568

"Early 2018 @TheRock and his team reached out to me and asked me if I could create a piece of him fighting Superman with Superman doing some damage (his idea 😂 ) fast forward to now and I got to run it back officially but this time with @JimLee"

https://twitter.com/Bosslogic/status...47517594095618

"When fight?"

https://twitter.com/Bosslogic/status...22678647709696

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Concept art involving Superman made for Dwayne Johnson and his team:

"Few years back wanting to push forward ideas for the future of Superman (man of tomorrow) we kept Henry and Superman even when on the surface it didn't look good for Superman. We never stopped. Welcome back Henry."

https://twitter.com/Bosslogic/status...79414205677568

"Early 2018 @TheRock and his team reached out to me and asked me if I could create a piece of him fighting Superman with Superman doing some damage (his idea �� ) fast forward to now and I got to run it back officially but this time with @JimLee"

https://twitter.com/Bosslogic/status...47517594095618

"When fight?"

https://twitter.com/Bosslogic/status...22678647709696
    Is that Tom Cruise as Hal Jordan? Ha!

Saw black adam..i have to say "long live the champion".I very much enjoyed it.I think there is potential here.The man in black makes enough money for the future.The jsa is the weakest part of the movie ,at the very least background of these characters..They should have established jsa first then had them meet black adam.Very much enjoyed characterisation of black adam.
    Finally,
    "The good,the bad and the ugly"..thing to come i hope
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-25-2022 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    All he did was put in Amanda Waller and bring back Superman. hanging up a few posters of Aquaman/WW/Batman isnt anything different from Shazam.

But he's already said he wants to be a sort of advisor and will likely work his way into influencing the universe unless Black Adam flops (which its looking to be mediocre if anything at the box office0
    Shazam! only acknowledge the JL. BA has connections to the Shazam! mythos, JL, JSA, TSS/Peacemaker. If Blue Beetle was out, he would probably be namedropped over there too. It feels there is more effort to make the DCEU looking a more cohesive universe than what it really was.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Is that Tom Cruise as Hal Jordan? Ha!
    I have no idea, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Saw black adam..i have to say "long live the champion".I very much enjoyed it.I think there is potential here.The man in black makes enough money for the future.The jsa is the weakest part of the movie ,at the very least background of these characters..They should have established jsa first then had them meet black adam.Very much enjoyed characterisation of black adam.
    It's a really enjoyable CBM. Looking forward to sequels and spin offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It's a really enjoyable CBM. Looking forward to sequels and spin offs.
    I took your advice.i dragged my brother..He went in kicking and screaming.For him it was meh! Experience had to pay compensation lol!! I am stuck baby sitting...

i do say this is not just a black adam movie.If you are a fan of siegel and shusters champion..There is some of that guy in this character.They should have really established the no kill rule as some holy thing..For the counter culture to really have an impact.Dr.fate and black adam relationship should have been established as that of deep respect and disagreement for the final act to work more.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-25-2022 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I took your advice.i dragged my brother..He went in kicking and screaming.For him it was meh! Experience had to pay compensation lol!! I am stuck baby sitting...
    The plot is thin but the film is fun and action packed, it reminded me of Snyder's 300 in some parts, lol.

i do say this is not just a black adam movie.If you are a fan of siegel and shusters champion..There is some of that guy in this character.They should have really established the no kill rule as some holy thing..For the counter culture to really have an impact.Dr.fate and black adam relationship should have been established as that of deep respect and disagreement for the final act to work more.
    The JSA is barely fleshed out to save all for their movies/spin-offs.

It seems Superman and Adam will get along just fine at the beginning. Kal's line: "It's been a while since anyone's made the world this nervous." He is referring to himself, Superman made the world nervous before (MoS/BvS).

I'm very disappointed in this news. To me, Cavill has never played Superman, only Nolan/Goyer/Snyder's deconstruction. I was hoping for a full reboot. It also saddens me that all Superman seems to be to many people is his power set; the excitement over Cavill's appearance in Black Adam was about fighting, not about the return of Superman. Superman has to resort to violence occasionally, unlike the thuggish dullard of the Snyderverse. Even if there is a post-Flash "adjustment," it won't erase Cavill's previous performances, nor his cavalier attitude about the role of Superman.

Thankfully, I'm at that point in my life now that I can find contentment in what we already have. The DCAU alone is and will always be vastly superior to every live action adaptation.

While I'd still probably err to the opinion that this new era should recast entirely, at the same time Cavill's Superman was never a problem. The scripts were (and even then I still like MOS despite it's flaws; it's only with BvS that I contend things went way south). And you can still reboot around him. They did it with Harley Quinn, I think they can do it here. You recast most everything else and don't reference the crap that came previously, general audiences will get it at this point. We're no longer in an era where only hardcore comic book fans get these concepts, they've been done now in the movies so people understand it. And I don't see any evidence that he was ever "cavalier" about Superman. If anything he's acted the exact opposite. And considering Superman and Black Adam never even fight (indeed although there's tension Superman is non-confrontational, asking instead to talk) the evidence suggests that people were simply excited to see him.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-25-2022 at 01:48 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    While I'd still probably err to the opinion that this new era should recast entirely, at the same time Cavill's Superman was never a problem. The scripts were (and even then I still like MOS despite it's flaws; it's only with BvS that I contend things went way south). And you can still reboot around him. They did it with Harley Quinn, I think they can do it here. You recast most everything else and don't reference the crap that came previously, general audiences will get it at this point.
    Haven't seen Black Adam. Probably won't bother until it's on HBOMax, if then. But I'm in full agreement with you, as usual. It probably would've been better to do a full restart, recasting everyone and keeping nothing of the previous films. But if we're gonna stick with what we had, then Cavill is more than capable of giving us a great Superman, provided he has good material to work with. Which has always been the problem with DC. The casting is usually good, it's everything/one behind the camera that screw it all up.

And I don't see any evidence that he was ever "cavalier" about Superman. If anything he's acted the exact opposite.
    Everything I've ever heard about or from him makes me think he really loves the role and respects the character. Unless your definition of "cavalier" is naming your dog Kal-El then no, I don't think Cavill's cavalier at all.

He does have questionable taste though. I think he said his favorite Superman story is For Tomorrow. Which, hey, intellectually it's an interesting story about how big a Superman's mistakes can get. But it's not what I'd call A-list entertainment. Fortunately, I feel like I also saw Cavill reference All-Star, so maybe there's hope for the guy.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Although I was never a huge fan of the DCEU, I do feel we need to kind of just move forward. That having been said, what are the odds they can get Adams back?
    Assassinate Putin!

The Rock today on twitter,

"We fought for years to bring you back.
    They always said no.
    But to @DanyGarciaCo @hhgarcia41
    & myself no” was not an option.
    We can’t build out our DCEU w/out the world’s greatest superhero.
    And fans will always come first. Welcome home.
    I’ll see you down the road."

I'm SO happy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    And considering Superman and Black Adam never even fight (indeed although there's tension Superman is non-confrontational, asking instead to talk) the evidence suggests that people were simply excited to see him.

The interesting thing about black adam is.. Thematically(no matter how thin the story is) , it's about champion vs savior and a hero vs protector..So people who are saying Superman vs black adam didn't happen..It did happen.It is happening...

Him being there is at some level a confrontation..Black adam genuinely can make the world nervous (Don't know if he will)..As said by the rock,black adam would land the first blow.Not Superman.

spoilers:
    When black adam wakes up the first thing he burns down is superman's poster.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-25-2022 at 08:10 PM.

Wonder what Gunn taking over means for Superman, Gunn doesn’t seem interested in the character, he said when WB asked him to direct a Superman film he replied he’d rather do a Krypto movie where Superman has to chase his dog down. Guess that means League of Super-Pets 2 is a go! And we’ll probably get a Bloodsport miniseries or he’ll show up in Cavill’s next movie.

My hunch is that the Trinity are going to remain under Zaslav’s eye, he called them out as separate brands from DC that he wanted to push, and of course you have the Rock in the corner pushing for a Black Adam vs. Superman fight. Gunn and Safran will have free reign over the rest of the DCU, but Superman will be an IP that has to go through Zaslav. That would line up with the report that Zaslav intended to retain greenlighting power even after he found his “Feige”, and that he didn’t plan on giving said “Feige” that much free reign.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I would love to see superman movie where he has to chase his dog down...See, that's the kinda what i want from superman.

Krypto get's kidnapped..Superman has to go on and intergalactic adventure to get his dog..On the road,superman becomes an outlaw,meets lobo(the ugly) and fights a corrupt space cop terra man(the bad)...