Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Cavill talks about his return as Superman and the SDCC rumor (that was bait!) after 1:40 min:

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Well, that definitely hits all the right bells for me. Couldn't have said it better myself. Now if they get the execution to match that, I'll be really happy.
    He keeps saying all the right things in every interview.

Oh, I'm sure they will. It will definitely be a good distraction from any potential Ezra headlines.

As long as we get Cavill and not Snyder or Goyer, I'm in. And it looks like that's going to be the case.
    Exactly.

Also, not sure if anyone else caught it, but in one of the fights between Black Adam and Hawkman (in the apartment), at one point Adam (I think?) put his fist through a wall, through a poster with the Superman symbol (an homage to the "Death of Superman" promo art). It was quick, but a nice touch!
    I did, I mentioned the scene few pages back.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Also, when Black Adam fights with Hawkman, he punches through a \S/ poster on a door. Small teases. lmao
    I tried to pay attention to the various Superman related Easter Eggs/references, lol. I have probably missed some. I did know there were going to be Superman art but I mistook it for mural art for some reason, it was old info that got lost in translation after some time. I mentioned it months ago in this thread and early this year over the DC board. I was expecting to look at Superman art in the streets instead it was posters art in a room, lol.

Article is a big nothing burger. It just repeats what others have already said: they’re looking for a writer, there’s no formal deal yet, and Cavill is expected to be in The Flash. Gunn and Safran are working on the plan for the DCU.

Only item of note is Adams says she hasn’t heard anything yet, and frankly I’m praying that if MoS2 happens that they recast both Lois and Lex.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Article is a big nothing burger. It just repeats what others have already said: they’re looking for a writer, there’s no formal deal yet, and Cavill is expected to be in The Flash. Gunn and Safran are working on the plan for the DCU.

Only item of note is Adams says she hasn’t heard anything yet, and frankly I’m praying that if MoS2 happens that they recast both Lois and Lex.
    Well, there are a bunch of articles and rumors from random sources floating around pretending they know plot elements of MoS2. The article debunk that. The major note is that Gunn/Safran's plan will be presented to WBD in 2 months.

Superman/Cavill and the DCEU will be on hold till then.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 11-18-2022 at 11:17 AM.

Well, there are a bunch of articles and rumors from random sources floating around pretending they know plot elements of MoS2. The article debunk that. The major note is that Gunn/Safran's plan will be presented to WBD in 2 months.

Superman/Cavill and the DCEU will be on hold till then.
    Haven’t seen those, has it been a “we know specific details about what the plot will be” kind of deal or a “Brainiac is the likeliest choice for MoS2” kind of deal? Because obviously the first is bullshit but the second is just basic guessing/common sense which anyone can make. I think we’d all be more surprised if Brainiac wasn’t the choice (although I could see the Elite as a choice too).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Haven’t seen those, has it been a “we know specific details about what the plot will be” kind of deal or a “Brainiac is the likeliest choice for MoS2” kind of deal? Because obviously the first is bullshit but the second is just basic guessing/common sense which anyone can make. I think we’d all be more surprised if Brainiac wasn’t the choice (although I could see the Elite as a choice too).
    The usual random rumors Brainiac as villain, the neck-snap retconned. Click-bait articles.

It was also believed MoS 2 was a top priority. But we are still in the wait and see phase. Decisions for Cavill, Superman and any potential solo will be made after January seems to be implied by the article and Gunn himself. There's at least a date to get an update, lol.

The usual random rumors Brainiac as villain, the neck-snap retconned. Click-bait articles.

It was also believed MoS 2 was a top priority. But we are still in the wait and see phase. Decisions for Cavill, Superman and any potential solo will be made after January seems to be implied by the article and Gunn himself. There's at least a date to get an update, lol.
    Not really seeing anything to contradict that. Zaslav just the other day yet again brought up Superman to complain that it’s been too long since his last solo. Gunn and Safran are putting together a plan and not rushing things, but I don’t think Supes is being neglected because they didn’t grab a script and greenlight it on their first day. Presumably they want to settle in, work out the schedule, maybe even meet with Cavill and talk about which of the scripts appeals to him. It’s a priority just not one they’re going to rush, after all that’s how we ended up with MoS in the first place. They went with Snyder because he would get the movie out by the deadline they wanted despite him not being their first choice. I would hope they wouldn’t make the same mistake again.

Not really seeing anything to contradict that. Zaslav just the other day yet again brought up Superman to complain that it’s been too long since his last solo. Gunn and Safran are putting together a plan and not rushing things, but I don’t think Supes is being neglected because they didn’t grab a script and greenlight it on their first day. Presumably they want to settle in, work out the schedule, maybe even meet with Cavill and talk about which of the scripts appeals to him. It’s a priority just not one they’re going to rush, after all that’s how we ended up with MoS in the first place. They went with Snyder because he would get the movie out by the deadline they wanted despite him not being their first choice. I would hope they wouldn’t make the same mistake again.
    I meant like it was a done deal, already greenlight.

All I want to know after January is if Cavill has finally signed a multi-picture deal. So I'll be sure he's secured to the role for the next 5 years.

Spectacular Member

Just want to come to this thread and say this

We were THIS close to a deepfake Reeve Superman being the main guy of the DCEU

And I’m f&cking glad we didn’t come to that

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, she had no chemistry with Cavill, and Lex...was terrible. The worst screen version I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagothoth View Post
    Just want to come to this thread and say this

We were THIS close to a deepfake Reeve Superman being the main guy of the DCEU

And I’m f&cking glad we didn’t come to that
    Lmao. 😂

We'll still see a brief glimpse of Reeve in spoilers:
    The Flash, as well as another Superman from the multiverse
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

Lmao. ��

We'll still see a brief glimpse of Reeve in spoilers:
    The Flash, as well as another Superman from the multiverse
    end of spoilers

Personally wouldn’t mind seeing deepfake CGI Reeve as the father of Jon Kent in a Superman Secundus/super-sons HBO Max project

Hell…I wouldn’t mind a TV show centered on Reeve Superman adapting the rest of his rogues gallery(what Geoff Johns tried to do)

But Reeve deserves better than the DCEU, and the Henry deserves another chance with the cape

Hehe
    Last edited by Dagothoth; 11-18-2022 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagothoth View Post
    Personally wouldn’t mind seeing deepfake CGI Reeve as the father of Jon Kent in a Superman Secundus/super-sons HBO Max project

Hell…I wouldn’t mind a TV show centered on Reeve Superman adapting the rest of his rogues gallery(what Geoff Johns tried to do)

But Reeve deserves better than the DCEU, and the Henry deserves another chance with the cape

Hehe
    Or a holographic Reeve, lol: https://www.supermanhomepage.com/rum...ographic-form/

Doubt it can be seen for more than a brief "multiversal" cameo once in a while.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 11-18-2022 at 12:51 PM.

Superman's and Cavill's number-one fan slams WB for being bad at business by refusing to bring back Henry (check after the 3 min. mark): https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/1595517243831377921