Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Greatest Hits Part 2

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Greatest Hits Part 3

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    There will be riots. Figuratively of course.

Heck....if it turns out Gunn keeps his stuff in continuity and bins everything and everyone else, a lot of people are going to be angry. And rightfully so. A Reboot Should be that. If we have to lose Gal, Henry and Jason because this is a new universe, then his pet projects either need to go or shift to elseworlds or its own pocket universe like Matt Reeves Batman stuff.

Sadly at this point if by some miracle Gal and Jason stays put but Henry being out, it's not good optics and will just sabotage any possible good will towards whatever results in Gunn's Superman. It could end up being the best Superman movie since 1978 and end up doing badly at the box office because fans that are salty over the disaster of how they handled Cavill may not turn up out of spite. Frankly I can't completely blame them if they do.. The only hope I feel is a 100 percent clean break and sadly that includes dumping Gal as Wonder Woman, which Is shifty. But I think the whole situation going back to when WB screwed the pooch with JL has been shifty , so nothing new.
    It appears Gunn will keep some of his stuff so already that is not a total reboot. Gal is the most beloved of the JL actors. Her's is the second most lucrative DC franchise right now. Another film with her and a new director/writer is pretty much a guarantee to do a billion plus. I'm expecting she will be kept on as Wonder Woman. If rumors are true Mamoa will be kept on as Lobo and maybe get his own film so it's not looking at all like a total reboot. Don't quite get the Mamoa situation. It may be that they get Mamoa a lot cheaper by shifting him to a new DC franchise instead of continuing him in the Aquaman franchise. Then they bring in a new (and lots cheaper) actor for Aquaman 3. Some speculate that Shazam will continue with current actors as it is a separate universe essentially from the other DC films.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 12-18-2022 at 05:15 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

It seems Henry had another scene in The Flash that got cut. Over the past weeks, few trades' reporters mentioned a brief cameo as Clark Kent he was supposed to have at the end of the film. In a recent THR's article it was written that both Gadot and Cavill were cut from the movie, but it's apparently only one scene where she appears alongside Henry at the end, her other scene in the intro action sequence will remain in the film:

"Gal has or had two cameo scenes in the movie. One scene during the movie, which is still in there, and another scene at the end of the movie which featured her with Henry, that has been deleted."
    https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status...15766192930816

Knowing the movie, if such Clark Kent scene was filmed, it could be after Barry Allen's father gets released from prison and Barry is confused by seeing Keaton and Supergirl out the courthouse, he could look around and seeing at long distance 2 familiar faces arriving, Clark Kent and Diana Prince.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 12-19-2022 at 02:15 PM.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It seems Henry had another scene in The Flash that got cut. Over the past weeks, few trades' reporters mentioned a brief cameo as Clark Kent he was supposed to have at the end of the film. In a recent THR's article it was written that both Gadot and Cavill were cut from the movie, but it's apparently only one scene where she appears alongside Henry at the end, her other scene in the intro action sequence will remain in the film:

"Gal has or had two cameo scenes in the movie. One scene during the movie, which is still in there, and another scene at the end of the movie which featured her with Henry, that has been deleted."
    https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status...15766192930816

Knowing the movie, if such Clark Kent scene was filmed, it could be after Barry Allen's father gets released from prison and Barry is confused by seeing Keaton and Supergirl out the courthouse, he could look around and seeing at long distance 2 familiar faces arriving, Clark Kent and Diana Prince.
    At this point I don't see the harm in leaving the cameos in. They've already paid the money and spent the time. Leave them in there. If indeed this ends up being a full reboot, just have The Flash just be the final story (for now) set on Earth-Snyder (or Earth-2013) and then whatever happens next is on Earth-Gunn (or Earth-2025 or whatever). Just switch Earths. It sounds like THE FLASH will now just be a story cul-desac like SnyderJL was. Leave it at that. A happy note with Barry, Diana, Supergirl, Bat-Keaton and Superman having a sorta kinda reunion to bid the old DCEU farewell.

Frankly I like the idea of seeing Henry as Clark Kent being the last time we see him and his incarnation of Superman until Gunn makes KINGDOM COME and or CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS in 2034.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Greatest Hits Part 2

I still think Eisenberg's Lex had some great moments. Some of his stuff was a bit over the top and odd, but some of it was inspired clearly by BIRTHRIGHT. He had potential to grow into a great version of Lex if the end of JL had any insight. But....alas...that's not going to happen.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Greatest Hits Part 2

Not every religion believes in a savior..Higher powers maybe.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    At this point I don't see the harm in leaving the cameos in. They've already paid the money and spent the time. Leave them in there. If indeed this ends up being a full reboot, just have The Flash just be the final story (for now) set on Earth-Snyder (or Earth-2013) and then whatever happens next is on Earth-Gunn (or Earth-2025 or whatever). Just switch Earths. It sounds like THE FLASH will now just be a story cul-desac like SnyderJL was. Leave it at that. A happy note with Barry, Diana, Supergirl, Bat-Keaton and Superman having a sorta kinda reunion to bid the old DCEU farewell.

Frankly I like the idea of seeing Henry as Clark Kent being the last time we see him and his incarnation of Superman until Gunn makes KINGDOM COME and or CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS in 2034.
    Yeah, this is how I feel too. I'd like also to see Cavill in there because other actors from MoS are there too, and, as I've said in the past, I've been told the movie is a (twisted) tribute to MoS and Superman's presence is felt across the film: beside having characters talking about him or searching him, the key events of MoS (the kryptonians meeting the military, the codex search, terraforming, neck-snap...) happen in the reverse in Zod's favor because in that timeline SM was MIA, also the "secret villain" at the end of the movie is a result of this "MoS' gone wrong" event. It all goes back to MoS and Cavill's Superman, he should be there. The movie will come out for MoS' 10th anniversary too.

Btw, what THR said in early December about Cavill's cameo and its possible removal:

These characters are to cameo in Flash, the highly anticipated time travel adventure movie that is due to release June 16. Cavill shot his part of the cameo in September. But sources say there is a debate inside the studio as whether or not to keep the cameo and if its inclusion promises something that studio would have no plans on delivering.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...es-1235276804/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 12-20-2022 at 11:15 AM.

Does the flash movie even matter?i mean,the new slate would be the official start..why would anyone even want to go to the flash movie?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Does the flash movie even matter?i mean,the new slate would be the official start..why would anyone even want to go to the flash movie?
    Why does a movie need to be connected to something greater to be appreciated? Go to the movie for the experience and the story it offers, not seconds long walk-on cameos.

I like to think what would've happened if Walt Disney took a franchise approach to making all those princess movies and there was an insistence on making the Disney Animated Princess Universe (though I imagine something like that exists now, like in the Wreck it Ralph sequel). But imagine if we couldn't get a Sleeping Beauty movie because Walt Disney's lieutenants couldn't figure out how to tie it into Snow White and Cinderella.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Why does a movie need to be connected to something greater to be appreciated? Go to the movie for the experience and the story it offers, not seconds long walk-on cameos.
    I would love to do that if they weren't all the same.world building is the only thing these movies offer to me.

The world building is always the same for DCU movies, they set up stuff to never build upon after or follow in any way. I still liked BA and its mid-credits scene even if it'll not lead anywhere (sadly).

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It seems it matters to WBD to spend millions for a Super Bowl trailer: https://www.thewrap.com/warner-bros-...e-flash-promo/

A movie about a guy able to trip into multiple universes will always "matter" even after a reboot of the DCU. Maybe, if it'll hit 1B as they expect/wish, it could get a sequel "Flash of Two Worlds!" with Ezra Miller teaming up with the Gunnverse's Flash. Imagine the online backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The world building is always the same for DCU movies, they set up stuff to never build upon after or follow in any way. I still liked BA and its mid-credits scene even if it'll not lead anywhere (sadly).
    I was talking about superhero movies in general sense.Not just dcu.Dc is basically marvel with incredible hulk movie..The setup for hulk stuff didn't go no where.Hulk in general is screwed by the studio.

Astonishing Member

This entire thread didn’t age well, lol.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.