Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wonder what Gunn taking over means for Superman, Gunn doesn’t seem interested in the character, he said when WB asked him to direct a Superman film he replied he’d rather do a Krypto movie where Superman has to chase his dog down. Guess that means League of Super-Pets 2 is a go! And we’ll probably get a Bloodsport miniseries or he’ll show up in Cavill’s next movie.

My hunch is that the Trinity are going to remain under Zaslav’s eye, he called them out as separate brands from DC that he wanted to push, and of course you have the Rock in the corner pushing for a Black Adam vs. Superman fight. Gunn and Safran will have free reign over the rest of the DCU, but Superman will be an IP that has to go through Zaslav. That would line up with the report that Zaslav intended to retain greenlighting power even after he found his “Feige”, and that he didn’t plan on giving said “Feige” that much free reign.
    To be honest Gunn seems like more of a guy to focus on the more obscure, lesser known, characters than to do anything with the "big names" so I'm curious to see what he does with his new position.

If Gunn's job is to turn the B- and C-heroes into high ROI movies, I think he can be successful. My gut instinct is that he's not the guy who's going to lead WB into a series of billion-dollar franchises, but who knows?

Wonder what Gunn taking over means for Superman, Gunn doesn’t seem interested in the character, he said when WB asked him to direct a Superman film he replied he’d rather do a Krypto movie where Superman has to chase his dog down. Guess that means League of Super-Pets 2 is a go! And we’ll probably get a Bloodsport miniseries or he’ll show up in Cavill’s next movie.

My hunch is that the Trinity are going to remain under Zaslav’s eye, he called them out as separate brands from DC that he wanted to push, and of course you have the Rock in the corner pushing for a Black Adam vs. Superman fight. Gunn and Safran will have free reign over the rest of the DCU, but Superman will be an IP that has to go through Zaslav. That would line up with the report that Zaslav intended to retain greenlighting power even after he found his “Feige”, and that he didn’t plan on giving said “Feige” that much free reign.
    Gunn still had Superman and some of the JL showing up in his Peacemaker show. His wife showed up in Black Adam too. He likes the DCU connected.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Devin Feraci, whose sources confirmed that Cavill was indeed back, is now saying that Superman's role in Flash has been beefed up substaintially, replacing some of the stuff that Calle's Supergirl was originally going to do. So, the actress that was meant by Hamada to replace Cavill is now being replaced by that same actor. I suspect that Calle is guaranteed to be in Cavill's solo movie though since Brainiac feels like the most obvious choice.

What are the chances that the Superman vs Zod fight ends differently now post-Flashpoint?

Oh, and Feraci also believes that Gunn played a part in Cavill returning, in addition to The Rock and his producers. I'm sure Hamada leaving was the main blockade though.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Chances are pretty big..As said above if they wish to show black adam and superman fight..If culture ain't established,the counter culture has no legs to stand on.
    Would i like it?i wouldn't have..But,now i believe it's needed.Regardless of what superman will have no kill rule in future movies..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-25-2022 at 11:13 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Devin Feraci, whose sources confirmed that Cavill was indeed back, is now saying that Superman's role in Flash has been beefed up substaintially, replacing some of the stuff that Calle's Supergirl was originally going to do. So, the actress that was meant by Hamada to replace Cavill is now being replaced by that same actor. I suspect that Calle is guaranteed to be in Cavill's solo movie though since Brainiac feels like the most obvious choice.

What are the chances that the Superman vs Zod fight ends differently now post-Flashpoint?

Oh, and Feraci also believes that Gunn played a part in Cavill returning, in addition to The Rock and his producers. I'm sure Hamada leaving was the main blockade though.
    I'm not big on Supergirl, but maybe we can compromise by giving Calle more screentime by giving her more of Flash's scenes...

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

I believe this might be the big thing. Zod doesn't die this time and perhaps we have Flash (and Keaton Batman, and Supergirl) shown saving people while Superman is in the fight of his life. Perhaps less of Metropolis is destroyed and the outcome of it all means the events of BvS don't happen exactly the same way....etc. I would nor be surprised this is how they rewrite the beginnings of the DCEU and lessen Snyder's influences while not completely erasing them either.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Last I heard Cavill has one brief scene in the epilogue of The Flash, and the movie wasn't remade in 1 day (this is how long Ezra filmed lately). Giving Sasha's scenes to Cavill means changing the whole movie from scratch (long story).

Blue Beetle was written and filmed before Cavill came back, and it references both Supergirl and Superman. The characters co-exist, not replacing each others.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    The interesting thing about black adam is.. Thematically(no matter how thin the story is) , it's about champion vs savior and a hero vs protector..So people who are saying Superman vs black adam didn't happen..It did happen.It is happening...

Him being there is at some level a confrontation..Black adam genuinely can make the world nervous (Don't know if he will)..As said by the rock,black adam would land the first blow.Not Superman.

spoilers:
    When black adam wakes up the first thing he burns down is superman's poster.
    end of spoilers
    Also, when Black Adam fights with Hawkman, he punches through a \S/ poster on a door. Small teases. lmao

Gunn wanted Superman as main antagonist in TSS but scrapped the idea to not get into WB internal drama of who plays the character. Now that Cavill is officially back in the role, Gunn can do that movie.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-26-2022 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I believe this might be the big thing. Zod doesn't die this time and perhaps we have Flash (and Keaton Batman, and Supergirl) shown saving people while Superman is in the fight of his life. Perhaps less of Metropolis is destroyed and the outcome of it all means the events of BvS don't happen exactly the same way....etc. I would nor be surprised this is how they rewrite the beginnings of the DCEU and lessen Snyder's influences while not completely erasing them either.
    I hope that DCEU avoids the biggest problem that DC comics have - messing with the continuity. Just move on, people who are still mad about MoS will still be mad and you'll just piss off people who liked it.

Speaking of The Flash... I've said this already over the past months, but it's being tweeted this week to discuss the DCEU connectivity:

"MOS is directly 100% connected to Flash and in test screenings there were ZSJL continuity drops and potential archive footage used in time travel scene.

There’s a flashback that’s fast where you get Barry’s reaction to the world engine in MOS third act. He makes a really fast makeshift costume and saves a few people from Zod Superman fight. Throughout the film Superman is Barry’s biggest inspiration"

https://twitter.com/AjepArts/status/1584364930051952640

WB should pretend the movie is a MoS' legacy sequel and let Cavill join the cast to promote it instead of Ezra Miller. Less of a headache during the press tour.

New DCU's boss James Gunn is also a fan of Snyder's MoS: https://youtu.be/6UCFsBaA7RY?t=88
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-26-2022 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Speaking of The Flash... I've said this already over the past months, but it's being tweeted this week to discuss the DCEU connectivity:

"MOS is directly 100% connected to Flash and in test screenings there were ZSJL continuity drops and potential archive footage used in time travel scene.

There’s a flashback that’s fast where you get Barry’s reaction to the world engine in MOS third act. He makes a really fast makeshift costume and saves a few people from Zod Superman fight. Throughout the film Superman is Barry’s biggest inspiration"

WB should pretend the movie is a MoS' legacy sequel and let Cavill join the cast to promote it instead of Ezra Miller. Less of a headache during the press tour.
    So does superman see barry like in blitz time?cause superman never did that till justice league.

So does superman see barry like in blitz time?cause superman never did that till justice league.
    From what I heard it sounds similar to the BvS intro with the MoS' events from Bruce's pov. This is from Barry's pov instead. But Barry didn't planned to kill Superman for what happened.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-26-2022 at 04:52 AM.

From what I heard is similar to the BvS intro with the MoS' events from Bruce's pov. This is from Barry's pov instead. But Barry didn't planned to kill Superman for what happened.
    They might show clark saving people..So,barry sees superman saving people..while bruce sees unholy offspring of fire and death cause he see "superman" crashing a building on his employees...

It's snyder debate on big screen.."Superman destroys and kills people and doesn't save anyone" vs "superman tried to protected people,had to kill and snyder is god..".

I can't wait for bruce v barry:fanboy wars..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-26-2022 at 05:02 AM.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

From what I heard it sounds similar to the BvS intro with the MoS' events from Bruce's pov. This is from Barry's pov instead. But Barry didn't planned to kill Superman for what happened.
    I like this idea!

They might show clark saving people..So,barry sees superman saving people..while bruce sees unholy offspring of fire and death cause he see "superman" crashing a building on his employees...

It's snyder debate on big screen.."Superman destroys and kills people and doesn't save anyone" vs "superman tried to protected people,had to kill and snyder is god..".

I can't wait for bruce v barry:fanboy wars..
    Yeah, would be a cool way to tie back to him saving people in MoS, i.e. the oil rig scene. Needed more of that.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog