Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast

If I were him I’d push to be in Shazam 2 simply because that probably is going to be critically well received (don’t expect it to make much money) which is something he needs. His Superman has mostly been in **** DC movies that got ripped apart by critics, doing some rehab for his image before MoS2 is the smart move to make.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I have no idea what he had originally for Shazam 2, if it was the scene that went to WW at the end, he is probably not needed to complete the movie the way he was for BA and The Flash. Adding a new scene now would require calling other actors and spend more money. It'll happen only if there'll be some push for it BTS.

The BA's mid credit was easy to shoot because the scene was already done as a test with a stunt double. The template was there, and Henry needed to film only half of the Superman scene.

The Flash had already all the connections to MoS and Superman, and Cavill was expected to shoot his scene over a year ago: https://twitter.com/bigscreenleaks/s...21924768681998 Not that difficult to finally film his scene with Ezra later. It's an extension of the epilogue they already had shoot.

Yeah but The Flash is a wild card. It’s gotten good test scores but I wouldn’t be surprised if reviews take points off because of Miller’s behavior, or if that hurts the box office. I’m still expecting it to review and perform well, but there will be some blowback. Given Black Adam’s weak performance (unless they can get China to let it play in their theaters), there won’t be a stand-alone Black Adam vs. Superman film, instead I expect Shazam 3 to essentially be Shazam/Superman vs. Black Adam. Setting that up at the end of Shazam 2 is for Cavill’s benefit.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah but The Flash is a wild card. It’s gotten good test scores but I wouldn’t be surprised if reviews take points off because of Miller’s behavior, or if that hurts the box office. I’m still expecting it to review and perform well, but there will be some blowback. Given Black Adam’s weak performance (unless they can get China to let it play in their theaters), there won’t be a stand-alone Black Adam vs. Superman film, instead I expect Shazam 3 to essentially be Shazam/Superman vs. Black Adam. Setting that up at the end of Shazam 2 is for Cavill’s benefit.
    Given the global popularity of The Rock and the shade the film throws at American interventionism, there's a decent chance that Black Adam will get released in China as it has no whiff of LGBTQ content to cut around. However, it is based somewhat in the supernatural, which is a big no-no there. It's really up to whims of the censorship bureau and whether or not the right palms are greased, I'd guess.

Combining Superman, Shazam, and Black Adam into one big movie would be the smartest move, but who knows if Gunn is savvy enough to convince Johnson that it'd be the best option.

As to The Flash, Gunn's own experience with being fired by a corporation could make him a little more willing to not ****-can an entire movie hundreds of people worked their asses off for because of the actions of one person. I think the media and nerds over-estimate how much the general audience cares about whether or not an actor is an *******.
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 10-29-2022 at 08:50 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

500mil atleast to break even..If not the movie would loose money.Any direction they have will be on chopping block..It should be.
    Superheroes are in general supernatural..and plenty have been released before.That's just a mouth piece reasoning.If it's not getting released in china it would be because of something else..Black adam doesn't exactly decide to be the leader and sit on the throne.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Cavill is great. Though he needs someone who understands the character to handle his projects. He was wasted in the Snyder films.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I didn't expected it. I thought Cavill had room/time for both roles.
    This leads me to believe that they are indeed fast tracking a Superman solo fairly soon. Heck, knowing what we are starting to know now it may be months farther along than we thought. It it possible we could have MOS 2 (or whatever it will be called) by 2024?
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Cavill is great. Though he needs someone who understands the character to handle his projects. He was wasted in the Snyder films.
    For sure. But I’m definitely remaining cautiously optimistic for the future. And let’s hoe the next movie has either brainiac or parasite as the villain. The former especially since supergirl is coming.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    This leads me to believe that they are indeed fast tracking a Superman solo fairly soon. Heck, knowing what we are starting to know now it may be months farther along than we thought. It it possible we could have MOS 2 (or whatever it will be called) by 2024?
    I have no idea what are the real reasons for Henry leaving The Witcher, he was supposed to do 4 more planned seasons, but his priorities now will be movies and, of course, Superman.

About a potential Superman solo... it was reported few days ago that they are still looking for pitches. If there's no pitch or script, it can't be filmed anytime soon. A blockbuster movie takes at least 3 years between writing, filming and post-production. For example, they are writing from months the script for The Batman's sequel and the film is not expected to be released before 2025: https://collider.com/the-batman-2-release-window-2025/

In 2008, WB started looking for pitches for a Superman movie, Goyer submitted his one, made a screenplay, multiple directors were considered, Snyder was hired in late 2010, filming started 1 year later, and MoS was finally released in Summer 2013. These were almost 5 years worth of development.

You can take a look at the timing of all the other DCEU movies.

The reason why the Coates' project seems feasible is that the script is done, unlike the potential Cavill lead Superman movie. The latter has no pitch yet, no writer, no director, no screenplay, and wasn't greenlight. I expect/wish it to being made but it'll take years (2026? at the earliest) to be ready for the theaters.

A multi-decades saga about an alt. Superman can fill the spot in the meantime.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

I heard WB is eyeing David Yates for Superman movie. Since he gave me the best scene in the entire HP series and he has an eye for stunning visuals, I wouldn't argue against him.

I hope it's not Yates. I thought he was one of the weaker Harry Potter directors and I never liked his style when he directed the last several movies. At least it feels like a very uninspired choice

Henry Cavill Hopes For A More Inspiring Superman In DC Films

There is so much in the way of conversations to be had. Obviously, I have a very close connection to the character. And there is something extraordinarily special about him; extraordinarily special about his capacity to give and to love. I don't mean romantically; I mean his love for Earth and for the people who live here, and to make people feel powerful—to make people feel like Superman themselves.

I have plenty of desires for this, of course, which will be discussed more in time. But the most important thing, which I will be aiming for, is for the audience to leave the cinema and to feel like they can fly, to feel like they can protect, and to feel like they want to give to everyone else. That would be my goal.
    Henry Cavill on James Gunn's DC Studios Move: 'I Cannot Wait to Have Long Conversations With Him'

"I have not met James yet," Cavill admitted in an interview with IGN. "I'm looking very forward to meeting him. He's clearly a very, very talented man, and I cannot wait to sit down and have long, long conversations with him. I'm very excited about him being there and very excited about any future opportunities we can work together."

Gunn's ascension parallels Cavill's own return to the DCEU. In interviews following the release of Black Adam, in which Dwayne Johnson talked at length about the possibility of a Black Adam vs. Superman bout, Cavill spoke of playing a "joyful Superman."

Asked to elaborate, Cavill talked about how Superman "means so much for so many people," which can in turn relate to one's own experience.

"What really gets me about Superman is that he represents the best of the human soul, the greatest of the human soul. It's not just his powers. It's his heart. It's his heart that makes him so special. And even when he's going through stuff, he's still giving to others. He's still protecting others. He's the one who will always reach out and always give. And in that is so much wonder and power. And it's such, as I say, a joyful thing that it's not a mournful weight," Cavill says.

"It is something that is a gift. To be giving is a gift because it makes people feel a certain way, and it also makes them want to be giving in return to other people. There's just something so magnificent about that. And, of course, then, that's a very broad-stroke piece. But once you get into the nitty-gritty details of that, and once you start applying that storytelling and to all the wonderful, exciting villains that he may come across, then you have a world adventure and a world where an audience leaves the cinema feeling fantastic."
    Henry Cavill Comments On The Superman Theme That Was Chosen For His Black Adam Cameo

John Williams’ theme song is obviously incredibly important to the character. It’s something which resonates with the character and everything time I think anyone in the world hears that, I think a large portion of the world who hears that will recognize it immediately as Superman and feel a certain way about it, and I do think it’s wonderful.

But at the same time, equally so, I think Hans Zimmer’s Man of Steel score was just as wonderful. I have incredibly powerful feelings about that because I remember watching the trailer, the first teasers come out, and I was sitting there with my friend and we were both so excited about it and the way the score plays. Both are incredibly powerful in their own way and both are just as iconic for the character. It was just such a pleasure to be back in the suit, whether it be John Williams or whether it be Hans Zimmer, they’re both extraordinary, extraordinary artists.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 11-01-2022 at 09:58 AM.

I have no idea what are the real reasons for Henry leaving The Witcher, he was supposed to do 4 more planned seasons, but his priorities now will be movies and, of course, Superman.
    It's rumored he decided to leave the show for creative divergences. Some excerpts from a blog, full read in the link below:

Back in Summer 2021, when The Witcher Season 2 was in post-production and Season 3 hadn’t been renewed yet, we heard from a source that recasting Geralt was a growing possibility at Netflix. The reason for that was that Henry Cavill was considering leaving the series after Season 2 because he and the producers “weren’t seeing eye to eye” regarding content and Geralt’s role in the The Witcher.

Now, however, Deadline reported that “Cavill had made a short-term deal for The Witcher and felt it was time to move on after three seasons on the show”.

With the context of the previous report about his “new deal”, it looks like Cavill agreed to stay at least for one more season after Season 2 and chose not to renew his contract for further seasons when the time came this year.

The Superman angle

Meanwhile, the Superman opportunity appeared again. Dwayne Johnson claimed that he and his manager Dany Garcia, who is also the manager for Cavill, have been trying to get Henry Cavill’s Superman back in the DCEU for six years, but were constantly rejected by the old Warner Bros management, while under the new management they finally succeeded in the recent months.

One recent report by The Hollywood Reporter says that a new Superman film is in very early development without any writers or directors attached. It’s unclear when will they find a writer and when they could start filming, but it’s very very early and major films like that can take a very long time to get underway.

On the other hand, writing for The Witcher Season 4 had just started and filming could get underway in the second half of 2023.

A schedule conflict between Superman and The Witcher isn’t impossible, but Cavill himself said in a 2019 interview that he could manage both, when asked that question:

“You’ve got to keep in mind that regardless of what movies I’ll be doing over the next few years, you can fit two projects into one year.”

In the same round-table, he expressed his desire and hope to reprise the role of Superman and said he had still much to give to the character. So at least from Henry’s perspective, Geralt and Superman could coexist.

The result of the two factors

All in all, the various pieces create a picture, as incomplete as it might be.

Henry Cavill was at first very enthusiastic to play Geralt and was willing to make efforts to combine both Superman and The Witcher in his schedule. Even before he landed the role of Geralt, according to Dwayne Johnson, his return as Superman was already being pushed behind the scenes, albeit unsuccessfully.

Then in 2020 and 2021, Cavill was working on Season 2 of The Witcher and was constantly having disagreements with the producers over the work he was doing. After Season 2 wrapped, he seriously considered leaving The Witcher, but was offered more money and decided to stay for at least one more season.

Even then, during an interview, he said he was “absolutely” committed to seeing all of the seasons of The Witcher through, but “as long as we can keep telling great stories which honor Sapkowski’s work”. With the current news, it appears that this was less of a wish and more of a condition.

During the filming for The Witcher Season 3, we did notice that some within the Witcher production started following Liam Hemsworth on social media. Naturally, we didn’t think anything of it, but now it appears that the new Geralt auditions may have taken place while Season 3 was still in production.

By the time Season 3 was in its final stages of production, major changes were happening to Warner Bros and DC with the new bosses being open to having Henry Cavill as Superman again. As a result, during that time Cavill filmed his Black Adam cameo.

In the end, it appears that Henry Cavill’s heart was no longer in the Netflix’s iteration of The Witcher for a considerable amount of time and he has slowly been making up his mind ever since Season 2 finished production, before all those Warner Bros and DC changes.

His return as Superman had a perfect timing this year and may likely have been that one final push towards not renewing his contract for Season 4 of The Witcher.

https://redanianintelligence.com/202...ginated-in-s2/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 11-04-2022 at 12:09 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

http://https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinematic/comments/ymc8l5/david_zaslav_steven_spielberg_christopher_nolan/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name= androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button
    Hah! I joked and secretly hoped for Spielberg to be involved in superman's direction..It looks like it might happen..I hope it does..If that black hawk's movie is still in development then...Anything is possible.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    http://https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinematic/comments/ymc8l5/david_zaslav_steven_spielberg_christopher_nolan/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name= androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button
    Hah! I joked and secretly hoped for Spielberg to be involved in superman's direction..It looks like it might happen..I hope it does..If that black hawk's movie is still in development then...Anything is possible.
    Spielberg would pick the Abrams/Coates' Superman movie over the regular in-continuity Supes. Btw, he was interested to direct the character back in 70s:

Then there was a relatively new director named Steven Spielberg whose agent kept calling Salkind. "Spielberg was really in the beginning," Salkind said. "He absolutely wanted to make the film."

At the time, Spielberg was still working on 1975's "Jaws" and was largely an unknown. His representation called Salkind repeatedly in Paris. According to Salkind, they told him "'We have this kid who wants to direct 'Superman', he loves Superman, that's his kind of stuff and he wants to do it.' Of course I immediately checked what he had done and went to see his films and immediately said 'OK, this kid's got it - this guy's got talent.' And I went to my father and I said 'Look this is the guy'."

Alexander wasn't convinced. He was concerned because he'd heard Spielberg was over-budget on "Jaws". The younger Salkind was convinced "Jaws" would be a hit regardless. Spielberg also had Spengler's support. Ultimately, Salkind recalled that his father concluded "'let's wait until the big fish opens.'"

"Jaws" opened in summer 1975 and Alexander naturally changed his mind about Spielberg. "I said 'look, he's never going to do it'" now that "Jaws" is so huge. Salkind contacted Spielberg's agent but their window of opportunity had closed. "I called [Spielberg's] agent and the agent said... [he wanted] to do Superman singing and dancing, which was really a very polite way of saying [no]. And I understood it immediately."

https://www.supermanhomepage.com/mov...erview-salkind